Episode 4: A New Hope for Gay UD Threads?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Khonnor wrote:You can't gain respect by not respecting others.
I fail to see how not accepting homosexuality is respectful. Especially given the consequences of such actions.

If you meant to say not participating, that's different. A person can choose not to participate in such activities, but not accepting is where problems occur.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I realise I'm really late in getting into this, but milo ... really. I think you mean well, and I don't think you intend to be hurtful, but there is no way, ever, never never, that a gay person can stop being gay by choosing not to be. When I was 12 years old and realised I had gay tendencies, I panicked. My parents took me to see a priest who told me "You are only gay if you want to be." I have now learned that what he told me is complete bogus and that he should go stuff his face in the toilet. Don't be like him.

Look ... it's simple. I don't get a boner looking at women, like this one.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/ ... ewoman.jpg

Yawn. Really. She doesn't do anything for me.

Holy shit this guy's hot though! He is a bit messy with the paint, isn't he? :P

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/ ... udeman.jpg

You see? :)

Images discreetly covered up by Julian Carter.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

^ Nicely done. :clap:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

But I don't find EITHER of them attractive. Whatever will become of Brendan?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

DAT BOOBS!Image

DAT MUSCLES!Image

Julian will get banned! Image
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:Brazil supreme court rules 10-0 same-sex unions should be recognized
That's great news! :pink:

It's also important to know that Brazil's president Dilma Roussef is a strong supporter of gay rights, and she's hughely popular and got elected with large margins last January. So I have good faith in the progress gays will make in Latin-America, especially after Argentina legalized same-sex marriage last year (without wanting to take away anything from the brave gay rights movement, was partially realized because of the strong support of the late president Néstor Kirchner).

Disney's Divinity wrote:The only thing I don't get is how some people act like homosexuality is so wrong (when actually it's found in nature--created by God--just so you know :wink: ), that they forget that the Bible actually finds all forms of sexuality/lust similarly repulsive. Monogamy was promoted because most people aren't capable of being celibate--better to marry than "burn" (with lust). [...]
Actually, the Old Testament is full of bigamy. And rape, which is okay if you pay the victim's family a decent amount of money. And incest. Oh, and it's okay to fuck your slaves. (I hope I don't get a warning for having used this infamous word.) If Christians want to base their claims of 'traditional marriage' on the Bible... well, I wish them luck! :D

Khonnor wrote:You can't gain respect by not respecting others. Like I said, specific personal insullts is different. But people should still be allowed to be ignorant and even be allowed to express their ignorance.
They are! That's why there's a Republican Party they can vote for every few years.

EDIT: Response to milojthatch removed. After reading other people's humorous replies, I realized it was not necessary to write a rebuttal anymore. You guys handled it way better than me, by using humor and mocking his pathetic posts. I take my hat off to all of you! I'll stick to reporting this hateful crap instead of replying to it.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SpringHeelJack wrote:But I don't find EITHER of them attractive. Whatever will become of Brendan?
Well once Brenders stops talking like Elmo in the third person, he will find other men that he likes. However if you don't want him I'll gladly take him. While not perfection in my mind, I can't argue with that body!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

^ I third that.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Oh, Brenders has the men he likes. The problem tends to be that aside from his boyfriend, they are all straight or fictional.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I take the nudist pov and say neither are really that attractive and in the media are a dime a dozen. Okay , the chick is but when you expose yourself to such images enough, the thrill is lost. I'm more for flat-chested girls anyway.

Show them in a XXX and I might be turned on.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Oh, Brenders has the men he likes. The problem tends to be that aside from his boyfriend, they are all straight or fictional.
And make sure to keep rubbing that in our single faces. :P

ajmrowland wrote:I take the nudist pov and say neither are really that attractive and in the media are a dime a dozen. Okay , the chick is but when you expose yourself to such images enough, the thrill is lost.
I know what you mean, agree with you. As I was telling someone here in chat, I'm usually attracted to men with their clothes on more than just naked.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I'm not a fan of "gay culture" meaning the men in bikinis and the feathers and drag...it just demeans and devalues people's persception of those who choose to like the same sex. Just because you are gay doesn't mean that you're a club whore, or that you're trashy, or that you're a woman...I dunno I really really don't like most gay people who I've met.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I'm not a fan of "gay culture" meaning the men in bikinis and the feathers and drag...it just demeans and devalues people's persception of those who choose to like the same sex. Just because you are gay doesn't mean that you're a club whore, or that you're trashy, or that you're a woman...I dunno I really really don't like most gay people who I've met.
I'm confused- are you trying to stand up for gay people? Because you're doing a pretty lousy job of it, honestly.

And, aren't you something of a regular poster here? You couldn't have made a bigger amateur mistake than to state gay people "choose to like the same sex." People choose their interests, in a way. But they don't choose their sexuality. Didn't you know that?

Next time you speak in this thread or about this topic, try using your brain first.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

dumbass follow what I'm saying.

I said that just because gay people "choose" you're trying to devalue my whole opinion. I know you don't "choose" what you like; you are born that way.

I said that I don't believe in or like social gay culture, how emphasis is placed on being permiscious or being girly. I myself am a gay man and I don't like to go in gay culture at all - i'm disgusted by it. I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years - so I an speak from what I know.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

CampbellzSoup wrote:dumbass follow what I'm saying.
If that's supposed to be a dig, coming from you- it doesn't work.

CampbellzSoup wrote:I said that just because gay people "choose" you're trying to devalue my whole opinion. I know you don't "choose" what you like; you are born that way.

I said that I don't believe in or like social gay culture, how emphasis is placed on being permiscious or being girly. I myself am a gay man and I don't like to go in gay culture at all - i'm disgusted by it. I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years - so I an speak from what I know.
Look, you're all over the map here. If you have issues with other people for being gay and you're gay yourself, don't come in a thread like this to piss and moan. I don't see many people here as conflicted with being gay as you are. And if you don't think you are (conflicted), then quit judging people for liking what they like and assuming that to like something girly means a man is girly.

Grow up.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I'm not a fan of "gay culture" meaning the men in bikinis and the feathers and drag...it just demeans and devalues people's persception of those who choose to like the same sex. Just because you are gay doesn't mean that you're a club whore, or that you're trashy, or that you're a woman...I dunno I really really don't like most gay people who I've met.
Although I'm not gay, I do agree with this. I really does give a bad stereotype perception about gays outside gay community and probably one of the stereotypes labels that lead some people to have homophobic attitude towards gays.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Super Aurora wrote:
Although I'm not gay, I do agree with this. I really does give a bad stereotype perception about gays outside gay community and probably one of the stereotypes labels that lead some people to have homophobic attitude towards gays.
I don't know. Seems to me that there are a lot of people don't mind gay people, as long as they act "normal". That doesn't really strike me as open minded.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:
I also agree to a certain degree. Most gay people I know are annoying. As a gay guy myself I have to say it's very hard to meet nice gay guys. Even with means of being just friends. Hell, it's why I've made it a policy to remain friends with an ex. :lol:

And don't get me started on gay clubs. Everyone is desperate to impress. No one is real. It's depressing.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I love gay culture and some of the gay folks I've met have been fabulous and some have been real pricks...just like most of the straight people I've met.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I think the last few posters should check out The Daily Show's lastest episode where Jason Jones reports than San Fran is no longer among the top 10 gayest cities in America. One of the humours contrasts mentioned is between "old" and "new" gay. "Old" being the flamboyant, showtune, leather daddy, drag way and "new" being the committed couple in suburbia who is only "gay" by default of being a same-sex couple.

I have no problem with the "old" ways, but I could see how the appeal woudn't be there for some. It does in a way perpetuate a stereotype and sounds very restrictive, especially to those who hate labels. The "new" way is appealing in that it treats gay like a descirption of height. Yes it defines a part of who you are, but only in a very small sense that doesn't prevent you from acting the way you want.