What guests you would like to see on "Glee?"

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

What guests you would like to see on "Glee?"

Post by avonleastories95 »

Here is my list:
Julie Andrews (I agree with you, UmbrellaFish, this woman would be great on Glee)
Barbara Striessand
Elaine Page
Josh Groban
Celine Dion
Jodi Benson
and Peabo Bryson
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

It is amazing how many people like this show. But if they would let any of the stars truly sing and not lip-synch, then most of those who like this show would hate it.

"Glee" is one show that I will never watch again. The first season was abysmal and a total waste of great talent.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Julie Andrews is someone I wouldn't mind seeing either. And Jodi Benson! That would be awesome. :lol:

Bette Midler
Betty White (of course! :P )
John Travolta
Kathy Najimy
Kelsey Grammar (though I'm not sure if he'd fit or not)
Whitney Houston (possibly; read she turned down a previous role offered to her)
Dolly Parton
Queen Latifah
Obama?

Carol Burnett is another person I'd love to see, but they're already in talks with her to have her on the show. :D And they've also already signed on Cheyenne Jackson, and I really loved him from The Tony Awards a few years ago.

Noone else coming to mind at the moment.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

^ Carol is definitely going to be on the show. She found the last Nazi! I have to go to class right now, but I'll post a list of who I want to be on the show afterwards.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

dvdjunkie wrote:It is amazing how many people like this show. But if they would let any of the stars truly sing and not lip-synch, then most of those who like this show would hate it.

"Glee" is one show that I will never watch again. The first season was abysmal and a total waste of great talent.
Wait, wait, wait... Do you mean lip-sync of auto-tune? Because for years and years and years, actors have been lip-syncing (and I might add, in their own voices) to music in movies. Now, auto-tuning is different and they use it on Glee. It can be distracting in some songs, others it's not noticeable.

Barbra Striesand (hey if Idina is Rachel's mom, Bab's can be her grams)
Bernadette Peters
Dolly Parton
Carol Burnette (but as previously mentioned, she's already signed to it!)
Nathan Lane
Matthew Broderick

And I never thought about it before, but Jodi Benson would be great! Actually, if Glee's going to tribute everything, why not a Disney tribute?

Oh, and then there's that English dame... oh, gosh, what's her name? Oh, yeah, JULIE ANDREWS!!!!!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

Katy Perry
Jodi Benson
Lea Salonga
Susan Egan
Vanessa L. Williams
Jackie Hoffman
Bebe Nuwirth
Ramin Karimloo
Sierra Boggess
Sherie Rene Scott
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

dvdjunkie wrote:It is amazing how many people like this show. But if they would let any of the stars truly sing and not lip-synch, then most of those who like this show would hate it.

It is definitely not one of my favourite shows either, but I wouldn't go so far to call it abysmal. The singers are actually quite talented.

The thing that turns me away from the show is the plot. It is just another cookie-cutter highschool television show, albeit, with great songs and performances.
CiciRose

Post by CiciRose »

dvdjunkie wrote:"Glee" is one show that I will never watch again. The first season was abysmal and a total waste of great talent.
Finally! Someone else who feels that way! Needless to say, I completely agree. Talk about an overrated show; I still can't believe how many Emmys it's been nominated for.

The pilot was great and showed so much promise but every episode from then on just got worse and worse. It's a shame because, as everyone in this thread had said, it has a talented (albeit slightly overrated, in my humble opinion) cast.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Whitney Houston (possibly; read she turned down a previous role offered to her)
IIRC, it was the role that they later gave to Eve.
UmbrellaFish wrote:And I never thought about it before, but Jodi Benson would be great! Actually, if Glee's going to tribute everything, why not a Disney tribute?
They'll likely just be allowed to perform a song here and there (Rachel already gave a better-than-the-original rendition on "The Climb" :P), but I doubt a full tribute episode would ever be done, since "Glee" is FOX and Disney is Disney. Might as well ask "iCarly" to do a crossover with "Sonny with a Chance".

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Escapay wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:And I never thought about it before, but Jodi Benson would be great! Actually, if Glee's going to tribute everything, why not a Disney tribute?
They'll likely just be allowed to perform a song here and there (Rachel already gave a better-than-the-original rendition on "The Climb" :P), but I doubt a full tribute episode would ever be done, since "Glee" is FOX and Disney is Disney. Might as well ask "iCarly" to do a crossover with "Sonny with a Chance".

albert
I don't know, you'd think Disney would love the promotion.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Escapay wrote:

albert
I've thought about that, but really, who knows? Perhaps the stars might align properly someday and we'd get such an episode.
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

Patti LuPone!!!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Let's see:

Julie Andrews
Raul Esparza
Patti LuPone
Barbra Streisand
Elena Roger
Rihanna
Dick Van Dyke

And, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more, but I'm just too lazy to think about them right now.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Escapay wrote: They'll likely just be allowed to perform a song here and there (Rachel already gave a better-than-the-original rendition on "The Climb" :P), but I doubt a full tribute episode would ever be done, since "Glee" is FOX and Disney is Disney. Might as well ask "iCarly" to do a crossover with "Sonny with a Chance".

albert
I don't know, you'd think Disney would love the promotion.
I'm sure they would, but at the same time, I'm sure they'd rather have people watch such an episode (an hour full of Disney songs) on a show they made (if they had such a show in development...now there's an idea). While "Glee" doing a Disney tribute would be a promotion for Disney, it would be a promotion for Disney via "Glee", which is still Disney's competition at the end of the day.

Had "Glee" been an ABC Studios production (even if it still aired on FOX), I could see a Disney tribute being a stronger possibility.

Of course, Disney already has some relationship with FOX (or maybe it's more via Fremantle Media) since they've got that "American Idol" thing at DHS, where Disney songs are among those allowed to be sung. So maybe FOX could coax Disney to allow a tribute episode.

But even so, I wouldn't want a Disney tribute episode unless the episode and story called for one.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?