The Lion King: Diamond Edition

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

dvdjunkie wrote:
Also the Warren theaters have a policy of no one under the age of 18 allowed in the theater unless they are with a parent or an adult supervisor. We have never received a complaint from anyone about this, even in the summer time. We average one complaint a month for this policy, so I would say that it is a success.

Check out our Warren Theaters:

www.warrentheaters.com
i agreed on everything up to this. i'm astounded at the high age restriction implying heavily that kids of any age over four cannot behave and are more untrustworthy than adults. having no complaints doesnt mean it's right.

anyway, i love seeing movies in the theater. my parents constantly make enough noise and idiotic interruptions, i'm driven to the point where i believe a crowd big enough to fill ten thwaters in one wouldn't be as loud. there's also my dog, and sometimes dialog doesnt regisrer well with me in the home.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to those who read my post about the Warren Theater age policy. I fixed it to read correctly.
Also the Warren theaters have a policy of no one under the age of 18 allowed in the theater, after 8 pm, unless they are with a parent or an adult supervisor. We have never received a complaint from anyone about this, even in the summer time. We average one complaint a month for this policy, so I would say that it is a success.
Hope that lets you understand better about the theater pollicy. My mistake as I got farther ahead than I was typing. Will try to read my posts better before submitting them.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

We have a similar age policy at one of our theaters, but it starts at 6pm.

Also recently they started an age policy at our local mall. On Sat/Sun after 6pm anyone under 18 needs to be there with a parent/guardian. They did this because of a lot of complaints, with the under 18 crowd hanging around and causing trouble. Although its not really fair ("Punishing" everyone, because of a select few.), its made the mall a lot nicer on the weekends.

I've never heard any complaints about the theater policy, but there was a lot of complaints over the mall policy when it went into place earlier this year.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

This is probably getting off topic but my mall is about to put that restriction in place as well. And I've been to other malls that had it. I'm 23 so I'm not affected but I do feel bad for the teens who've never done anything wrong and suddenly can't go without an adult after a certain time.

Wouldn't have solved my theater problem though. being over 18 doesn't make disrupting any less distracting.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Kyle wrote:Its not the IMAX version, but a different one entirely. Yes it was used as a starting point but this one has even more changes. Nothing quite as obvious but a lot of color differences. And maybe its just me but I feel like there was a lot more individual blades of grass in the earlier parts of the movie. almost to the point of being distracting. Maybe they were just out of focus before? Im not sure.
I felt the same way.

However for all the fuss over teh stupid crocodiles was really uncalled for it is such a minute change & all of the original team was involved with changing it so it seemed so natural viewing it...
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

dvdjunkie wrote:Note to those who read my post about the Warren Theater age policy. I fixed it to read correctly.
Also the Warren theaters have a policy of no one under the age of 18 allowed in the theater, after 8 pm, unless they are with a parent or an adult supervisor. We have never received a complaint from anyone about this, even in the summer time. We average one complaint a month for this policy, so I would say that it is a success.
Hope that lets you understand better about the theater pollicy. My mistake as I got farther ahead than I was typing. Will try to read my posts better before submitting them.
oh, well that's reasonable but still.....the problems with age gaps.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Has Disney Been 'Lion' about Jeremy Irons' Singing Voice?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/ ... 68140.html

'The Lion King' Is Top Cat at the Box Office
http://www.animationmagazine.net/featur ... ox-office/
Dave Hollis, Disney’s exec vp of theatrical distribution told the Hollywood Reporter, “Definitely our expectations were exceeded. You have to go back to the circle of life idea. Teenagers who saw it two decades ago are now parents and brought their children. Parents who saw it when it first came out are now grandparents and brought their grandchildren. It was an opportunity to see the movie in a way they hadn’t seen it before. And it’s a little bit of the perfect storm.”

Among the other new records set by Simba and his buddies: Lion King is now the first re-issue of a movie to open at the number-one spot at the box office since Return of the Jedi: Special Edition in 1997. The film was also the fifth biggest September opening in history.
Huge Success of 'The Lion King' 3D Re-Release Has Studios Studying Their Libraries
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/h ... ries-31071
With the stunning success of "The Lion King" this weekend, Disney might re-release other classics in 3D, its distribution chief told TheWrap Sunday.

"It's probably one of the first things we're going to be having a conversation about next week," studio distribution chief Dave Hollis said. "When you look at our library, there are some very special gems as it were, and for those that transcend time -- and a lot of them do ... to bring them through 3D is a great opportunity."

He stressed that there are no plans yet. But, he said, "The Lion King" success "gives a lot of hope to the possibilities that exist with all of our library."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

So if I skip the trilogy, do you think the other two movies will be out separately? :?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Sotiris wrote:Has Disney Been 'Lion' about Jeremy Irons' Singing Voice?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/ ... 68140.html
Did anyone see Jim's appearance on Craig Ferguson not too long ago? He talked briefly about it there. I was shocked to hear he sang the song. If he was uncredited that might explain why. But he sang "be prepared". Not the whole thing, just those two words, but that was enough to tell it was indeed him.

Edit: here we go.
http://youtu.be/nXSfenxsmAg?t=1m58s
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I thought it was common knowledge that Jim Cummings sang part of the song for Jeremy Irons; while he's great at adapting his voice he's still pretty recognizable regardless.
disneyhv996

Post by disneyhv996 »

I preordered the Blu-ray 3D Combo pack, since this was my favorite movie of all time for a while, why not buy a pack with 4 versions of it? :)
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Matt wrote:So if I skip the trilogy, do you think the other two movies will be out separately? :?
We can't do anything but assume they will be released individually. They obviously have completed Blu-ray versions for the trilogy pack. I bet we'll see them either this spring or by next Christmas.
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

A year ago, I got the Beauty and the Beast US Blu-ray early... now I've got the Lion King US Blu early too! :D Check out my post on blu-ray.com:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/5230309-post1171.html

The insert confirms that the sequels will receive individual releases in 2012. ;)
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

DisneyChris wrote:The insert confirms that the sequels will receive individual releases in 2012. ;)
Thanks so much for letting us know! There is no way I'm buying that trilogy pack after seeing how it was packaged.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
DisneyChris wrote:The insert confirms that the sequels will receive individual releases in 2012. ;)
Thanks so much for letting us know! There is no way I'm buying that trilogy pack after seeing how it was packaged.
I've seen and held the real thing (shrink-wrapped)... pretty disappointed. Too big, too light... just made of ordinary cardboard like the Toy Story "toy box" set. I'll pass...
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

DisneyChris wrote:A year ago, I got the Beauty and the Beast US Blu-ray early... now I've got the Lion King US Blu early too! :D Check out my post on blu-ray.com:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/5230309-post1171.html

The insert confirms that the sequels will receive individual releases in 2012. ;)
You have the best luck getting all of those Blus early, DisneyChris. I'm so jealous. :P

Thank you so much for the sneak peek look. Now I don't have to fret over the trilogy pack anymore! :D
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

whoo hoo yes thanks Chris greatly appricated, did the ad booklet mention info for Cinderella's Diamond? thank goodness we're get'tin seperate releases for 1.5/ Simba's Pride, But I might as well stick with the Trio Pack I ordered.
Last edited by Mason_Ireton on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Regarding theater disruptions, little kids making disruptions (not crying infants) i.e talking loud, etc doesn't bother me when it's a family/kids' film they are seeing. Why would I get upset about kids making noise while watching Winnie the Pooh? If it's a family film I'm at the theater's watching, why be so serious about the noise? It's part of the experience like another poster already said.
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

DisneyChris wrote:
TheSequelOfDisney wrote: Thanks so much for letting us know! There is no way I'm buying that trilogy pack after seeing how it was packaged.
I've seen and held the real thing (shrink-wrapped)... pretty disappointed. Too big, too light... just made of ordinary cardboard like the Toy Story "toy box" set. I'll pass...
Thanks DisneyChris for all your insights. I wonder how the discs are packed inside the Trilogy. But it is nice to know that we will be getting the sequels later on.
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

wrestling_stat wrote:I wonder how the discs are packed inside the Trilogy.
A Look Inside the Lion King Trilogy Collection

^^ YouTube video that shows how the discs will be boxed inside.