Sign this petition to bring the Star Wars OOT to Blu

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Sign this petition to bring the Star Wars OOT to Blu

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I would appreciate if you could please sign this petition to give the Original Versions of the Star Wars trilogy a proper Blu-Ray treatment:

http://originaltrilogy.com/petition/

One signature makes one difference.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Has an online petition ever worked? Don't get me wrong I really want the original un-altered version of the trilogy to get a proper Blu-ray restoration, but will an online petition really work? lol
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Unfortunately, it never even happened in the single-disc dvds. I dont care, personally, as I never saw the unaltered version, but I really see your point.

I just want Star Wars on Blu-ray; not just the Clone Wars and Family Guy.
The Lizard King
Special Edition

Post by The Lizard King »

ajmrowland wrote:Unfortunately, it never even happened in the single-disc dvds. I dont care, personally, as I never saw the unaltered version, but I really see your point.

No, but it happened in the double-disc sets, where the unaltered OT was released as non-anamorphic transfers. George Lucas continues to claim that the complete film negative to the unaltered OT doesn't exist any more, and that the non-anamorphic transfers were the same transfers used for the Definitive Collection LaserDiscs.

TLK :cool:
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

rexcrk wrote:Has an online petition ever worked? Don't get me wrong I really want the original un-altered version of the trilogy to get a proper Blu-ray restoration, but will an online petition really work? lol
I would love a Blu-ray version of the un-altered Trilogy. I'd even settle for a proper Anamorphic DVD version right now. I don't we will get either one though.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

The Lizard King wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:Unfortunately, it never even happened in the single-disc dvds. I dont care, personally, as I never saw the unaltered version, but I really see your point.

No, but it happened in the double-disc sets, where the unaltered OT was released as non-anamorphic transfers. George Lucas continues to claim that the complete film negative to the unaltered OT doesn't exist any more, and that the non-anamorphic transfers were the same transfers used for the Definitive Collection LaserDiscs.

That's the version I meant. I just thought they were double-sided, so I called them single disc. Otherwise, I would've said boxset.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Well, if anything will make this happen, an e-petition will.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

In 2017, George Lucas will make new cuts for the 40th anniversary and we'll be begging for the '97 cuts on whatever home video format we're using in seven years.

Silly joke or ironic prophecy? Only time will tell.... 8)

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

At this point, I'll take ANY version of Star Wars on Blu-ray!!!
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Patience...
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

rexcrk wrote:Has an online petition ever worked?
SpringHeelJack wrote:Well, if anything will make this happen, an e-petition will.
Tell that to Betty White. :P
-Joey
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Well... I'll still see your Betty White and raise the countless other epetitions that do jack squat.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I'm keeping this website handy when/if more changes are made to the Original Trilogy.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Its also useful for other everyday problems. :lol:
The Lizard King
Special Edition

Post by The Lizard King »

DarthPrime wrote:I'm keeping this website handy when/if more changes are made to the Original Trilogy.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Its also useful for other everyday problems. :lol:
:lol:

That's awesome!

toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

with all the room you can add on Blu Ray discs though wouldnt it be neat if they would add ALL the cuts in one dvd?

I know, impossible, right? :lol: