DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon May 23, 2022 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 4657
Location: UK
Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Coming in 2012 is Disney's hand-drawn follow-up to The Princess and the Frog is an all-action all-comedy all-enjoyable adventure based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen of a girl with a sleeping problem. Staying the night in the cave of a handsome bandit named Alaric, the fair princess Jacinta realises that pea mattresses can cause her problems, which sends the two misfits on a journey to an arrogant prince's castle in order to make the most famous bad sleep of all time.

Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zak Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.

Muppet Little Women
Walt Disney Pictures and Muppet Studios bring a classic to the screen with a Muppet twist! The timeless story by Louisa M Allcot is brought to the screen like never before, just in time for Christmas 2011.

Jonas: the Movie
The Jonas Brothers star in their own cinematic adventure, where they tour Europe looking for love and fame at Easter 2011.

The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.

Diary of a Stepmother
Tim Burton brings to life in 2013 the timeless tale of Cinderella with a twist - this time, it's the stepmother's turn in the spotlight. Starring Helena Bonham Carter as Lady Tremain, Johnny Depp as the treacherous butler Buttons and Stephen Fry as the esteemed King of France. Don't expect a release of this in the UK or Holland, as the cinemas are planning to boycot Disney's decision to release the fim simultaneously on DVD/Blu-Ray and on the big screen.

Triumph of the Will
In time for the 80th Anniversary of the Nazis' rise to power, 2013 sees Robert Zemeckis remakes the classic Nazi propaganda piece by Leni Riefenstahl in stunning 3D motion capture. Nuremberg never looked so brilliant!

Source: www.isntitgreatmovies.com

_________________
-Joe

Blog | Deviantart


Last edited by Wonderlicious on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 pm 
Offline
Signature Collection
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8177
Location: Appleton, WI
So..................same old, huh?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:34 pm 
Offline
Signature Collection

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:44 am
Posts: 6166
Location: Michigan
Wonderlicious wrote:
Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zak Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.


You're kidding, right?

Wonderlicious wrote:
Jonas: the Movie
The Jonas Brothers star in their own cinematic adventure, where they tour Europe looking for love and fame at Easter 2011.


Shoot me.

Wonderlicious wrote:
The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.


I can see them butching this.

_________________
My Blu-Ray Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 4668
Gender: Male (He/Him)
I could see Disney making all of those movies.

All of them.


***shudders***

P.S. This is a joke, just check the "source" link.


Last edited by UmbrellaFish on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3537
Wonderlicious wrote:
Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Coming in 2012 is Disney's hand-drawn follow-up to The Princess and the Frog is an all-action all-comedy all-enjoyable adventure based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen of a girl with a sleeping problem. Staying the night in the cave of a handsome bandit named Alaric, the fair princess Jacinta realises that pea mattresses can cause her problems, which sends the two misfits on a journey to an arrogant prince's castle in order to make the most famous bad sleep of all time.


Something tells me this could be the John Musker/Ron Clements secret project that I heard about. :)

Wonderlicious wrote:
Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zac Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.


Umm.... okay. This is gonna be either really neat, or it's gonna suck. :P

Wonderlicious wrote:
Muppet Little Women
Walt Disney Pictures and Muppet Studios bring a classic to the screen with a Muppet twist! The timeless story by Louisa M Allcot is brought to the screen like never before, just in time for Christmas 2011.


This could be interesting. :)

Wonderlicious wrote:
Jonas: the Movie
The Jonas Brothers star in their own cinematic adventure, where they tour Europe looking for love and fame at Easter 2011.

The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.


..... What?? :shock:

Wonderlicious wrote:
Diary of a Stepmother
Tim Burton brings to life in 2013 the timeless tale of Cinderella with a twist - this time, it's the stepmother's turn in the spotlight. Starring Helena Bonham Carter as Lady Tremain, Johnny Depp as the treacherous butler Buttons and Stephen Fry as the esteemed King of France. Don't expect a release of this in the UK or Holland, as the cinemas are planning to boycot Disney's decision to release the fim simultaneously on DVD/Blu-Ray and on the big screen.


Sounds practically like it could be another POV movie, like that coming soon Maleficent movie. :lol:

Wonderlicious wrote:
Triumph of the Will
In time for the 80th Anniversary of the Nazis' rise to power, 2013 sees Robert Zemeckis remakes the classic Nazi propaganda piece by Leni Riefenstahl in stunning 3D motion capture. Nuremberg never looked so brilliant!


You're kidding, right? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm 
Offline
Anniversary Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1841
April 1st already?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
DisneyJedi wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:
Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Coming in 2012 is Disney's hand-drawn follow-up to The Princess and the Frog is an all-action all-comedy all-enjoyable adventure based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen of a girl with a sleeping problem. Staying the night in the cave of a handsome bandit named Alaric, the fair princess Jacinta realises that pea mattresses can cause her problems, which sends the two misfits on a journey to an arrogant prince's castle in order to make the most famous bad sleep of all time.


Something tells me this could be the John Musker/Ron Clements secret project that I heard about. :)


Of course there is a fairytale about "The Princess On The Pea" which has that very premise. Well, similarly. A prince uses a test of having girls sleep in a bed of 20 mattresses with a single pea under the bottom mattress. If the girl feels the pea, she is a princess and the girl he should marry, because only a princess would feel a pea under 20 mattresses.

Absolutely ridiculous premise for a movie of course...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3537
Wait a second. *checks sitE* Wonderlicious, you stink! :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.

Oh for fuck's sake! You've got to be shitting me! A remake of one of the all-time best comedies/dramas? How low do you have to sink to do such a desperate attempt?

Honestly: who's waiting to see this? Why would you want to see a remake, a remake even in MOTION CAPTURE for crying out loud!, of the fantastic, timeless performances of Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft? This is artistic LAZINESS at its top! If this is the best Disney can do, please put them out of their misery!

Can Zemeckis do ANYTHING but remakes these days? He used to be good at telling original stories! Somebody rescue him and get him away from Disney!

The Jonas shouldn't even be famous, let alone get a film! Nobody should know these non-talents!

And please, WDWLocal, don't bother to tell me to "LEAVE DISNEY ALONE!!!!!1!1"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 4668
Gender: Male (He/Him)
You are officially the greatest mastermind of jokes, Wonderlicious. Congratulations. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
UmbrellaFish wrote:
You are officially the greatest mastermind of jokes, Wonderlicious. Congratulations. :)

Well, I thought Disney remaking Yellow Submarine also was a joke... So you never know with Disney...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm 
Offline
Signature Collection
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8177
Location: Appleton, WI
Right now, Disney is the joke.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:45 pm
Posts: 3749
Location: Florida
And how many of the movies will Disney ACTUALLY make. Disney has had a shining record of announcing movies that never get made.

Not that any of those are a big loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:20 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
ajmrowland wrote:
Right now, Disney is the joke.

As usual, you are being too negative!!

You are completely wrong!!

Why don't you post something positive instead!!

Leave Disney alone!!!!!1!1 :x :x :x :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm 
Offline
Diamond Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:02 pm
Posts: 4341
Location: SouthernCaliforniaLiscious SunnyWingadocious
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop giving Disney ideas, they might actually use them. :p

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 pm 
Offline
Signature Collection
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6865
So..is this really just a pratical joke?? if it is thank god

also Wonderlicious you know better than to give Disney ideas they have enough brains right now messing up on their own already... :P

_________________
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 pm 
Offline
Signature Collection
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8177
Location: Appleton, WI
:lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 am 
Offline
Anniversary Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:09 pm
Posts: 1218
I knew those were fake, but I would honestly see them! Haha

I have a feeling The Princess and the Pea will be adapted by Disney someday. Along with The 12 Dancing Princesses and maybe Rumpelstiltskin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:14 am 
Offline
Gold Classic Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 am
Posts: 454
Location: Alaska
I almost believed you until I got to 'Muppet Little Women.' :lol:

Seriously, I could see Disney making all of these movies just for the millions.

_________________
Image
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs


Last edited by SillySymphony on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:28 am 
Offline
Signature Collection
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8177
Location: Appleton, WI
I cant believe I believed that! :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group