Do you know kids aged between 4 and 10?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Do these kids play the set-top games on DVD?

No - not at all
33%
Yes - they give them a quick look over
17%
Yes - they play them through once or twice
33%
Yes - they play them all the time
17%

Total votes: 18

2099net
Signature Collection

Do you know kids aged between 4 and 10?

Post by 2099net »

Do any of you know any kids between 4 and 10 years old? If you do, do these children actually play the Disney set-top games?

Disney seem to be spending a lot of money on these lately. But does anyone bother with them?

In my experience the most popular features for children are the sing-along songs and the games barely get a look in.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Cinderelly
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cinderelly »

I have a five year old sister and she could care less about those games, although I am sure that some kids out there probably like them.
Inigo: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Westley: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Inigo: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Re: Do you know kids aged between 4 and 10?

Post by Disney Guru »

2099net wrote:Do any of you know any kids between 4 and 10 years old? If you do, do these children actually play the Disney set-top games?

Disney seem to be spending a lot of money on these lately. But does anyone bother with them?

In my experience the most popular features for children are the sing-along songs and the games barely get a look in.
:wink:

I have a 5 year old neice that I babysit once in a while. And she rather see the sing-a-long anyday than the games.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Well, I do know kids between 4 and 10, but I have no clue wether or not they play the set-top games. That's something I'll have to ask them sometime.

But I doubt that they do. Kids these days already have game systems that support much higher advanced game-playing than anything found on Disney DVDs.
michelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by michelle »

Well my sister is 9 and while I have seen her play the games, she hasn't gone back to play any of them again.

So I think that says it all.
D o w n . t h e . r a b b i t . h o l e . . .

W h e r e . d o e s . i t . g o ?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Kids now days don't play games on the DVD player they just wait the movie and play the game once hey it's educational kids don't like that.
They prefer to play Nintendo Game Cube, XBox or Playstation 2.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Cinderelly
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cinderelly »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Kids now days don't play games on the DVD player they just wait the movie and play the game once hey it's educational kids don't like that.
They prefer to play Nintendo Game Cube, XBox or Playstation 2.
My siblings and I never really got into the gaming consoles like xbox, nintendo and such. My family is a family of nerds. We all love to read and watch disney movies.... :roll: :D

That being said, my young sister still doesn't play the games on the DVDs.
Inigo: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Westley: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Inigo: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

My younger siblings love the games. Whenever I get a new Disney DVD they ask me if it has any games on it. It's almost like they like the games more than the actual movies. :(
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

I have a brother who is 8 years old and he usually enjoys the games on the DVDs... so do my two cousins (girls, one is 8 and the other one is 10).
But don't let Disney know about it. :)
wizzer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wizzer »

my daughter is 5 and she loves the set top games and the read-a-long stories. she doesn't care so much for the sing-a-longs. she has a t.v., dvd player, and a sega dreamcast in her room and i make her dvd+r's of all the movies she want's so she doesn't have to handle mine, and when i do that, i usualy don't include the extra features so she is always bugging me to use the originals because she wants to play the games. i haven't gone through the new alice in wonderland set but apperently the second disc is void of fun games. some of her favorite set top games are: the make an alien one on lilo and stitch, the ride around in the jeep w/ timon and pumba one, the coloring one on sleeping beauty and there may be a couple others that i can't think of right now. i think a little 'choose your own adventure' type read along story with multiple possible endings would be a good idea.