Thinking About Joining DMC - Is It Worth It?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Thinking About Joining DMC - Is It Worth It?

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I got another DMC offer in the mail about getting 4 Disney DVDs for 1.99. I am aware that you also have to order 4 more dvds at regular price over a certain course of time. I am just wondering if it is worth signing up.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I think it really depends on how many Disney DVDs you buy. If you don't have a ton or are into catalog titles and exclusive titles, you can get a great value out of it. And once you fulfill your membership agreement, you become a VIP member and they routinely have big sales. Currently, if you buy 1 DVD at regular price, you get any others you order for 50% off. And about twice a year, they do a promotion with free shipping. I've built up my Disney movie collection for a really good value through them.

Also, if you are into Blu-Ray, you can now join the club with Blu-Ray as your preferred format and you get 3 Blu-Rays instead of DVDs.
junco76
Limited Issue

Post by junco76 »

I just joined the other day. My deal was 5 movies for $1, plus #6 for $11.95 and #7 for $8.95, free shipping on all. Supposedly #6 counts toward the 4 I have to buy in 2 years. Seemed like a good deal to me. Anyone know if #7 counts toward the 4 I have to buy also? Agreement didn't really say, and I notice that #6 hasn't been applied to the completed mouse icons yet. We have a 3 year old that loves Disney stuff.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

junco76 wrote:I just joined the other day. My deal was 5 movies for $1, plus #6 for $11.95 and #7 for $8.95, free shipping on all. Supposedly #6 counts toward the 4 I have to buy in 2 years. Seemed like a good deal to me. Anyone know if #7 counts toward the 4 I have to buy also? Agreement didn't really say, and I notice that #6 hasn't been applied to the completed mouse icons yet. We have a 3 year old that loves Disney stuff.
I'm not sure if the 7th title will count, but I seem to remember back in 2004 that it always took about a month for the account to recognize that I had made a purchase that counted towards my commitment. It also took them a month to recognize me as a VIP after I completed my commitment. But this should be a great way for you to build a collection of movies that your 3 year old will love.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I decided to join after all. The free movies I chose were

Alantis: The Lost Empire
Brother Bear
The Muppet Movie
The Wild

I also chose Tarzan as a bonus.
junco76
Limited Issue

Post by junco76 »

Thanks for the input, goofystitch. I'll wait and see what counts toward my commitment before calling DMC.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

I joined 2 years ago and it didn't take me long to get my fulfillment. I believe you have 2 years but it took me less than a year. Once you fulfilled, you don't have to buy as much.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
junco76
Limited Issue

Post by junco76 »

DMC shipped my 7 movies on Tuesday, and one mouse has been filled in. So I have to buy 3 movies to fulfill my commitment. Not a bad deal.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Mine either shipped on Monday night or some time Tuesday.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Where can I find DVDs that will go toward the commitment? All I can find so far are box sets like Ducktales and TaleSpin.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Where can I find DVDs that will go toward the commitment? All I can find so far are box sets like Ducktales and TaleSpin.
When you browse the store, they show the sale price if you use a promotion, but to even get that price you have to pay full price for your most expensive item. Your contract says something like "all DVDs priced $21.95 or higher count towards your commitment." So find anything with a price that will count towards your membership, put it in your shopping cart, and it will charge your full price and will count towards your commitment.
junco76
Limited Issue

Post by junco76 »

Anyone know if gift sets count toward your commitment? I ordered Winnie the Pooh Seasons of Giving with free Christmas stocking, and it shipped recently, but the blue mouse hasn't been filled in.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

junco76 wrote:Anyone know if gift sets count toward your commitment? I ordered Winnie the Pooh Seasons of Giving with free Christmas stocking, and it shipped recently, but the blue mouse hasn't been filled in.
As long as you paid full price, it should count. When I was still fulfilling my membership agreement, I bought a box set and that counted as 2 blue Mickeys. It can take a few days for that to be updated.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

The BEST way to join is if you get a order form in the mail wanting/asking you to join. Pay with a money order(who cares if you have to pay a dollar more because you're not using a credit card?). That is what I did. I paid with a money order, that way when the feature title comes around I do not get charged for it or anything else in the future. I just fill up my agreement before the agreement date is up.
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

Is the blu-ray side of it worth it?
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Given the recent lack of exclusives...I would say it is absolutely not worth it and don't waste a cent of your money on the Disney Movie Club.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

They've lowered the price. Now you can get 4 DVD's for $1, though a 99 cent difference isn't much. I got this offer in an e-mail from DMR, so dunno if it's for everybody (pretty sure it is).
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

gagajcksn6 wrote:New release dvds
I smell a spammer :headshake:

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Any new Walt library exclusives coming for 2011?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

No.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images