73%
Investing
27%

Total votes: 11

SleepingBeautyAurora
Gold Classic Collection

Personal Finance

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora »

Should young adults be focusing on building capital safely or investing funds aggressively ?
"From this slumber, You shall wake
When true love's kiss, the spell shall break."
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I've never dabbled in investing, but so far I'm doing pretty well by putting half or more (or less depending on the week >_>) of my paycheck in a savings account.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Hmm...a very forward and precise question, to say the least. How about they should do a bit of both to ensure that they have something to do whilst having a backup plan of sorts? :P
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Investing is something a person must constantly be on top of while saving is something you don't have to think about as much. I can't pick one or the other.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Such a excellent question!

Considering the current economy, I would suggest saving. And I suggest saving with credit union over a bank. Also shop around to find the best interest rate, get referrals from long time customers, etc. Credit unions tend to have less fees and BS, more customer service friendly.

I don't trust investing. If this was the 70s and 80s, I'd say invest, but right now, major powers and businesses are failing and going under. Its sad.

But its a cycle. We will get back up there, we just have to wait and the best way is by saving. When the economy is back to normal or even better, invest then.

But good luck no matter what you choose!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I would choose saving because investing could go very wrong very quickly if you are not careful.