Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disenchanted

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't get it. Why aren't they shooting in Ireland again? How can the movie work with them in two different locations with different set decorations?
D82 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:He's got a dwarf/wizard nose!
It's true! I thought he might be playing a beggar, but a dwarf or a wizard is more likely.
I didn't think of a beggar, but yes, I think he may play a dwarf or wizard!
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Not to bodyshame…but Amy looks bit more full…is she pregnant again, just been pregnant?
Regarding the leaked images, looks like theyre reshooting significant parts of the movie…also looks like giselle will still be like a ‘princess in normal world’ considering her poses. I would have guessed by now, she would be less hysterical and more grounded :p
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I was wondering that myself. At first I thought it was an ill fitting costume, but I'm seeing her in other stuff on the last page and...yeah she does look different from the first movie.Dempsy as well, although with him its mostly his hair going grey. We always knew age would start to be a factor in waiting this long to make this movie. I wonder if they'll use CG at all to remedy some of this. I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on Disney's CG demonstration channel where they showcase their latest proprietary technologies, they could make her look as she did in the original with ease some of the stuff I've seen. I doubt they will though for some reason. probably just going to run with the idea that real people age in the real world, so we gotta embrace it.

Me, I would prefer more continuity with the first one, as much as tech will allow.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Didn't part of Giselle's arc in the first film involve becoming more human and less stereotypical animated princess? I imagine her aging in the real world would be part of that and she would also embrace it, like she did when she discovered the ability to get angry. Part of what made Amy Adams's performance so good in "Enchanted" were the subtle changes she makes to the character as she spends more time in New York and with Robert.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

D82 wrote:
unprincess wrote:Why is Morgan a baby though? she's Robert's daughter from the first film right?
The baby is not her. She can be spotted in the third image I posted (at least I believe it's her, I'm not 100% sure since we can't see her face well). Sorry, I said she appeared in the photos, but didn't specify where. Yes, she's Robert's daughter from the first film, though she's now played by another actress. The sequel takes place 15 years after the original, so Morgan is around 20 now. The baby must be Morgan's little brother or sister (most likely sister judging by the color of the baby carriage) Giselle and Robert have probably had together since the first film.

oh thanks! I wonder what the test audiences didn't like? I didn't read the spoilers above but I wonder if Robert and Giselle break up at the end and audiences didn't like that?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Estefan hit the nail on the head. These characters are supposed to age and that includes Giselle who wanted to become a real person. She now has a realistic body type for a woman her age.
unprincess wrote:oh thanks! I wonder what the test audiences didn't like? I didn't read the spoilers above but I wonder if Robert and Giselle break up at the end and audiences didn't like that?
What you wrote was what people were saying was in the cut of the film that got mixed reactions. I doubt it's truly what happened but whatever.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I dont know... if the split is done amicably...that could be a good message about not feeling you have to be forced to endure a relationship(its not healthy for anyone in the family.) After all its supposed to be the real world as opposed to happily married ever after like in Giselle's fairy tale world. But there's certain families that wouldn't want their children to see that message(mostly b/c it makes them feel awkward around their kids) or think its too complex for them to understand... so who knows.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I agree with estefan and Duster. I was sort of confused why it mattered, since we know it's been 15 years-ish since the first film. Is the film supposed to be set directly following the first one in-story? I just assumed it was supposed to be set 10-15 years after the first one just like it's been in real life since then.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, it's set enough years after the first one for Morgan to be a teenager.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I agree with estefan and Duster. I was sort of confused why it mattered, since we know it's been 15 years-ish since the first film. Is the film supposed to be set directly following the first one in-story? I just assumed it was supposed to be set 10-15 years after the first one just like it's been in real life since then.
I suppose it doesn't story wise, it was just me wanting them to look closer to how I remembered them. Plus, part of the appeal in these movies is how they blend the animated world with live action, if there's no tangible connection to how they would be in the animated world, its not going to have that familiar vibe.

I imagine they will visit the animated world and maybe that's where they will more heavily introduce those elements, but I guess we'll see. I just want a trailer finally. Been waiting forever.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

First official look:

The movie will be released on Thanksgiving.
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/statu ... 8587127808
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yikes! The costumes! Who did them?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Farerb wrote:The movie will be released on Thanksgiving.
Source: https://twitter.com/Disney/status/15266 ... OZ8Fw&s=19
I'm glad it hasn't been delayed!
Disney Duster wrote:Yikes! The costumes! Who did them?
Joan Bergin is the costume designer. According to IMDb, she's known for the film The Prestige (2006) and the TV series The Tudors (2007) and Vikings (2013) among other things. Amy looks better than Maya Rudolph in that still, in my opinion, but I'm looking forward to seeing Maya in the role. I think she could be a great comical villain.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I actually think the costumes look great. Maya looks terrific.

Still highly anticipating this!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I like Adams' costume--and it's interesting with her wearing what looks more queen-like (the peacock feathers made me think of the Evil Queen) rather than princess-y. I almost think that's a conscious choice to sort of break the expectation of Queens being "evil." Maya's, well... I'll wait to see it in full view first.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

They're both gorgeous. I can't wait to see the movie.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you, D82. I liked the costumes in The Tudors, so I don't know what happened here. I do kinda like Amy's costume, but Maya's not so.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Amy's costume is too dark and matronly. It doesn't feel like something Giselle would wear. Maya's dress is all over the place and her hair looks fake. Not impressed by this first still. Hopefully, they will look better in motion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I don't have a problem with Maya's dress, but I agree that her hair looks fake. There must be a reason why Giselle is dressed so fancy.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

These outfits dont look as nice as the ones from the earlier pics. Maya's bodice pattern reminds me of scales, I wonder if she can dragon shapeshift too.

I really want to see a pic of James & Idina in costume...