MMBoy's Captures from 3 Musketeers, Aladdin and Lion King II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I agree, but I guess we'll have to wait a few months before we get longer previews. :roll:
Image Image
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

actually there's more screencaps! alot more! if you want to see more Send LUKE a PM or request to see more! :lol:
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

Prince Phillip wrote:Alan Menken, the guy who brought us all the great music from BATB, Aladdin, and TLM, as well as many others, had no part in Mourning Report, but did over see "Human Again"
Alan Menken had no part in the rest of The Lion King, either. Besides, it's "Morning Report". Even though, a "mourning" report might be fun to hear. ;)
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

I'm pretty much dead set on getting Three Musketeers - finally, an original DTV project, and a good-looking one at that. I really enjoyed Price and the Pauper, so I figure I'll like this one too.

Of course, I can't wait for Aladdin & Simba's Pride.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:actually there's more screencaps! alot more! if you want to see more Send LUKE a PM or request to see more! :lol:
I'd love to see more :)
Image Image
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Prince Phillip wrote:Keep in mind, that Alan Menken, the guy who brought us all the great music from BATB, Aladdin, and TLM, as well as many others, had no part in Mourning Report, but did over see "Human Again", which I happened to think, was a welcomed addition to the film.) I trust Alan Menken to do a great job to what ever song(s) are added to Aladdin (and maybe Mermaid).
Alan Menken had nothing to do with "The Lion King". The songs were composed by Elton John and Tim Rice!
Well, I'm against the "new song" thing because it is just a marketing tool... Come on, do you really think that the filmmakers wanted "The Morning Report" to be in the film?

Seeing that Disney didn't advertise any "new animation/song" kind of thing in the "Aladdin" trailer, I expect it to be the "original" version (with the IMAX tinkering). Of course Disney will advertise that the DVD brings never before heard songs, specially considering how many songs were cut from the film... But I think they will be included only as bonus features, like they are doing with "Brother Bear" and "Alice in Wonderland" (by the way, "I'm Odd" is quite fun :P )

Oh, and I would also like to see more screen caps! Thanks for posting them, MMB!
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

well, I'm still hoping for a new song, with new animation. :)

By the way, how are these screen caps made anyway?
People want Mulan 2 ones, I would make them if I knew how.

Actually, I probabaly couldn't, since I think it requires a digital
camera, and I don't have one yet. :roll:
Image Image
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Mermaid Kelly wrote:well, I'm still hoping for a new song, with new animation. :)

By the way, how are these screen caps made anyway?
People want Mulan 2 ones, I would make them if I knew how.

Actually, I probabaly couldn't, since I think it requires a digital
camera, and I don't have one yet. :roll:
Well, to make the screen caps, you gotta have a DVD-ROM in your computer... which I don't!

If you have not seen the "Mulan II" trailer, you aren't missing anything... It is SCARY!!! :o
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

it's up to Luke to post the other snaps, he has them :)
Calluna

Re: re: songs in Aladdin

Post by Calluna »

Athena wrote:Aladdin was actually set to be released much earlier than it was but the project was shelved because of the Gulf War. Executives felt that it would definately be a bad idea to an Arab-based movie while there was a major conflict going on between the US and an Arab nation. If the war hadn't broken out, Aladdin might have been a very different film. Before the project was shelved, Aladdin had three close friends (Babkak, Omar and Kassim) with whom he ran around Agrabah with. The story focused more around Aladdin's relationship with them and with his mother than the relationship with Jasmine--who was a very spoiled little princess in this version.
I think it was mostly the major story problems that got it delayed, not the war...
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:it's up to Luke to post the other snaps, he has them :)
Luke, don't be bad....P-p-p-p-please!! :D
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

I heard that the preview for Simba's Pride shows a clip of something called "One by One." The Rythm of the Pridelands and Lion King Musical soundtracks feature this song. I'd love to see some screencaps of the this clip.

Thanks for posting images of Aladdin too! I can't wait to get the DVD.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Starion wrote:I heard that the preview for Simba's Pride shows a clip of something called "One by One." The Rythm of the Pridelands and Lion King Musical soundtracks feature this song. I'd love to see some screencaps of the this clip.

Here it is: http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00000805.html

It seem this short was supposed to be part of Fantasia 2006! I can't beleive they are waisting it on "The Lion King 2" DVD!!! I wonder if Eisner cancelled the project!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Joe Carioca wrote:
Starion wrote:I heard that the preview for Simba's Pride shows a clip of something called "One by One." The Rythm of the Pridelands and Lion King Musical soundtracks feature this song. I'd love to see some screencaps of the this clip.

Here it is: http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00000805.html

It seem this short was supposed to be part of Fantasia 2006! I can't beleive they are waisting it on "The Lion King 2" DVD!!! I wonder if Eisner cancelled the project!
I wouldnt be suprised if Eisner asked for this short to be removed from Fantasia 2006...so that that film could become the first all CG direct-to-video musical continuation :lol:
spiritednala

Post by spiritednala »

Great Review MMB!!! So glad to hear it! Now I'm not dreading TLK 1.5 :)

Roars & Purrs,
Spirited Nala
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I can't wait to get Lion King 1 1/2 in one week.
Also look forwarding to get Brother Bear, Aladdin, Lion King 2: Simba's Pride and The Three Musketeers.

All are great films except for The Three Musketeers no one saw it but it looks good in the screenshots.

Hey Luke what about the other screenshots? :)
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
jambo*rafiki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jambo*rafiki »

Starion wrote:I heard that the preview for Simba's Pride shows a clip of something called "One by One."
As people have said before, this was supposed to be in Fantasia 2006 (or whatever they are/were going to call it). Does anyone know a. whether the screencaps on that site are from the Fantasia one or the TLK 2 one; b. if they are for TLK 2, why they are keeping the same premise (because it doesn't fit with the movie! I mean, humans? Come on . . . :( )? Just wondering! :?
"The names Cruuuuuuush. Emphasis on the U. But you can call me Crush."

"Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi apana!"

SAVE 2D!!!!!!!!
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Pics of Mulan 2 trailer have been posted here.

They may not look that horrible as still pictures, but just wait to see them in motion. I mean, not as crappy as "Hunchback II", but the characters look terrible.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

jambo*rafiki wrote:
Starion wrote:I heard that the preview for Simba's Pride shows a clip of something called "One by One."
As people have said before, this was supposed to be in Fantasia 2006 (or whatever they are/were going to call it). Does anyone know a. whether the screencaps on that site are from the Fantasia one or the TLK 2 one; b. if they are for TLK 2, why they are keeping the same premise (because it doesn't fit with the movie! I mean, humans? Come on . . . :( )? Just wondering! :?
It will be an extra! ;)
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Joe Carioca wrote:Pics of Mulan 2 trailer have been posted here.

They may not look that horrible as still pictures, but just wait to see them in motion. I mean, not as crappy as "Hunchback II", but the characters look terrible.
Thanks for the link! I'm glad to see that Mushu is in the film. The characters look ok. I like the bright colors. :up: