MMBoy's Captures from 3 Musketeers, Aladdin and Lion King II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

MMBoy's Captures from 3 Musketeers, Aladdin and Lion King II

Post by Luke »

goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Wow! "Three Musketeers" looks good. I can't wait to see this preview.
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

The Three Musketters does indeed look good, its a shame Disney doesn't just release it to cinema's (that would make a round 45 classic's then).

It looks like we're certianly going to have something added to Aladdin (the special edition banner hints at this), things will never change.
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Matty-Mouse wrote:The Three Musketters does indeed look good, its a shame Disney doesn't just release it to cinema's (that would make a round 45 classic's then).
Actulally, as good as it looks, it IS a DisneyToon Studios production with no WDFA input, so it wouldn't be an animated classic even if it was released to theaters (in the same vein as Return to Never Land and Teacher's Pet.) But, yeah, I do think that either Three Musketeers or Lion King 1 1/2 should have headed to theaters instead of Teacher's Pet. They both look great and would definately have racked up more money for Disney than Teacher's Pet did.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

I hope they put in the new Jasmine song "To Be Free" that they wrote for the musical at California Adventure.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Why aren't they calling Aladdin a Platinum Edition?

-Aaron
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

awallaceunc wrote:Why aren't they calling Aladdin a Platinum Edition?

-Aaron
They haven't really advertised a DVD as "Platinum Edition" since Snow White. It's an issue of semantics, but I'm sure the cover will say both "Platinum Edition" and "Special Edition." We collectors obviously care about the "Platinum" line name a lot more than Disney does.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

THANK YOU SO MUCH - I cannot wait for Aladdin :D :o :lol: And even if it has a new song, I'll just ignore it... :wink:
JBoogie

Post by JBoogie »

Thanks for the pics! I can't wait for Aladdin! It is my favorite! I have been waiting forever for this disc. I also can't wait for The Three Musketeers, it looks really awesome too. :o
"Don't let's be silly!"
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

Great pictures! Thanks a lot! I'm really looking forward to all these releases. But didn't you forget Mulan 2? Prince Philip said that it had some footage of the new one in it.
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Jens wrote:But didn't you forget Mulan 2? Prince Philip said that it had some footage of the new one in it.
Um, the first pic of the menu shows Mulan II as being listed, but that preview also showed up on Alice in Wonderland Masterpiece and is probably the exact same one. Thus, nothing new to show off that we can't already see.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

The more I see of the Three Musketeers the more I want it! Yeah Baby! I hope they don't add anything to Aladdin, they altered Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, hopefully we get one of the modern day classics without any tinkering.
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

Jake Lipson wrote:
Jens wrote:But didn't you forget Mulan 2? Prince Philip said that it had some footage of the new one in it.
Um, the first pic of the menu shows Mulan II as being listed, but that preview also showed up on Alice in Wonderland Masterpiece and is probably the exact same one. Thus, nothing new to show off that we can't already see.
Well, I don't have the Alice in Wonderland Masterpiece Editon, so I didn't see that footage ;) Maybe there are preview images of the commercial on the net? If there are, do you have a link to them?
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Maerj wrote:The more I see of the Three Musketeers the more I want it! Yeah Baby! I hope they don't add anything to Aladdin, they altered Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, hopefully we get one of the modern day classics without any tinkering.
Aladdin is definately the one, I'm looking forward to most, out of all this year's releases (excluding treasures)...

I do not understand people's continued resentment of the added songs though...

I personally would love to see a song added to Aladdin, and think there is potential for a great new number.

I suppose a lot of people were not happy with "Mourning Report", but Mourning Report was never meant to be in the movie, and was probably added, just because Disney knew they would be adding songs to BATB and Aladdin, and maybe Mermaid, and did not want to excluded TLK. Personally, I think Mourning Report is a quick cute number, that little kids, if not their parents, can enjoy. (Keep in mind, that Alan Menken, the guy who brought us all the great music from BATB, Aladdin, and TLM, as well as many others, had no part in Mourning Report, but did over see "Human Again", which I happened to think, was a welcomed addition to the film.) I trust Alan Menken to do a great job to what ever song(s) are added to Aladdin (and maybe Mermaid)...

Beisdes, regardless if we see the new song or not, the alterations for the I-Max release have already been done, and we will see them anyway. So I say, why not just accompany it with a new song, and there is just endless potential with Aladdin. It really could be the Ultimate Platinum Edition, lets just hope Disney utilizes all it's potential...

Well I will get off my soap box now....

(read the sig, for some more of my thoughts on Aladdin)
Defy Gravity
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

Jake Lipson wrote:
Matty-Mouse wrote:The Three Musketters does indeed look good, its a shame Disney doesn't just release it to cinema's (that would make a round 45 classic's then).
Actulally, as good as it looks, it IS a DisneyToon Studios production with no WDFA input, so it wouldn't be an animated classic even if it was released to theaters (in the same vein as Return to Never Land and Teacher's Pet.) But, yeah, I do think that either Three Musketeers or Lion King 1 1/2 should have headed to theaters instead of Teacher's Pet. They both look great and would definately have racked up more money for Disney than Teacher's Pet did.
I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. I really just want to see the fab 3 on the big screen again. Donalds segment in "Fantasia 2000" was easily the best bit.
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Athena

re: songs in Aladdin

Post by Athena »

There are in fact a fair number of unreleased songs from Aladdin... I'm just ripping this off the Aladdin page on my site:
Aladdin was actually set to be released much earlier than it was but the project was shelved because of the Gulf War. Executives felt that it would definately be a bad idea to an Arab-based movie while there was a major conflict going on between the US and an Arab nation. If the war hadn't broken out, Aladdin might have been a very different film. Before the project was shelved, Aladdin had three close friends (Babkak, Omar and Kassim) with whom he ran around Agrabah with. The story focused more around Aladdin's relationship with them and with his mother than the relationship with Jasmine--who was a very spoiled little princess in this version.
At any rate, because of the above, Alan Menken and Howard Ashman composed five alternate songs for that edition of the movie... years ago someone gave me a four set of CDs with the soundtracks of Little Mermaid, Beauty and Beast, Aladdin and this "Unreleased Aladdin" sountrack which includes the demo versions of all the alternate-Aladdin songs as sung by Menken and Ashman... they're really, really good--being Menken/Ashman originals and all.

It will be interesting to see if the Aladdin Platinum Edition explores this history because then you might get to hear some of these alternate songs that are fantastic even if they have no place in the current version of the Aladdin film.
Keyframe - the Animation Resource ... www.keyframeonline.com
rodneyf
Limited Issue

Post by rodneyf »

All of this actually looks great! I also can't wait for The Three Musketeers. These are Disney's original musketeers, so it's only fitting. I don't mind the fact that it's not coming to theatres, but I do think it would've done well. I don't think Disney respects their original characters that much. It looks like a charming movie, so here's hoping.
Chernobog
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Chernobog »

Thanks a lot MMBoy!!!!

Could anyone make two or three Mulan II trailer screencaps??
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Prince Phillip wrote:
I do not understand people's continued resentment of the added songs though...

I personally would love to see a song added to Aladdin
Me too! :)

oh and thanks MMB and Luke for these GREAT pics!
Image Image
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

wish that Aladdin trailer had been longer. i want more screen shots! preferably ones showing the new song sequence!

:twisted: