DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The BBFC have just passed a trailer for Dumbo 70th anniversary edition. No further details as yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm 
Collector's Edition

Please don't slap me, but what is BBFC?
EDIT: I just researched it and found out it's the British Board of Film Classification.

YAY! DUMBO is getting re-released! I pray it's a 2-discer and not a sham like the big top edition.

Alos, the 70th ann. shouldn't be until 2011.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:11 pm 
Limited Edition

Another Dumbo DVD?

Seriously?

Unless it's a 2-Discer jammed packed with bonus features (AND NOT JUST SOME LAME DIGITAL COPY!) I shall not be amused...

HUNCHBACK AND HERCULES DISNEY! NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, as it may be likely for this to come out on Blu-Ray as well (read: perhaps all-round beefier bonuses, good restoration), then good, but to be quite fair, it'd be even better if it came out in the actual year 2011. I know it's nothing really major to get in a flip about, but can Disney stop rounding up to the nearest 5 or 10? I don't mind so much if it's a few months difference here or there (like how the 50th anniversary Sleeping Beauty came out three months before its actual 50th anniversary, and thus in the year of its 49th anniversary), but seriously...do members of the general public really get excited over the anniversary of what is just a film, and (no offence), one generally conceived as a children's film at that? :roll:

Blog | Deviantart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Considering the Big Top Edition just came out about three years ago and was the second DVD release for Dumbo, I think it's safe to say that: a) this will be both a DVD and BD release, and b) it's going to be a substantial upgrade. I can't see Disney putting out the same product for a third time on DVD only with just new cover art. It makes sense for Dumbo to be the first non-Platinum catalogue animated classic (wow, that's a mouthfull) to be released on BD. It's always been an evergreen for the home video division and was one of the first titles released back when Disney was testing the waters with VHS. If it ends up being released this year, alongside Snow White again perhaps, I won't be surprised. Disney's math for anniversary editions is always off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:43 pm 
Gold Collection

Wow two articles about films i love, and I got invited to my class trip. This is really my day, but Ireally hope they all come out good, also, the lion king shoundn't be here till 2011. that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wow! I really would buy Dumbo on Blu-Ray...even if it was so soon since the last release. This makes me wonder if they will throw out the Disney Vault thing altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wasn't it said a while back that along with Beauty and the Beast that Dumbo was being mutated to 3D as well? It seems to me that next year could show a 3D release of Dumbo into theaters and a new edition released on DVD/Bluray. Afterall it was only a trailer that was passed. This could mean that the actual release wouldn't be until 2010 potentially closer to it's actual anniversary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Whatever happens, I'd like a Blu copy! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:58 pm 
Banned

I missed out on Dumbo's more respectful 60th aniv. edition so I'll defintly be grabbin a copy of his 70th aniv. dvd *prays to God*
please let it be a 2 disc special (without) the digital copy. I wouldn't mind seeing an 50 min Documentary of Dumbo's production, demo songs, a duet music vid of Baby Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:44 am 
Collector's Edition

as long as they don't ruin Baby Mine by having a DISNEY CHANNEL star sing it as a ROCK song instead of a SLOW BALLAD, I'd buy it.

And since a copy of Dumbo costs $14.99 on iTUnes, I'd take a "free" digital copy.......as long as its on the same disc as the special features and they don't saturate the disc with a bunch of GAMES.

Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 pm 
Banned

I agree bout a Ballad for Baby Mine or both Baby Mine (Ballad with Selena Gomez) and a pop rock verison of Pink Elephants or When I See An Elephant Fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

If Dumbo is getting a better release, I wanna see Robin Hood get a better release! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I agree, unless Dumbo is a tww disc, I don't care. Likewise I'd love to see Hercules get the two disc treatment as well, that would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:09 am 
Collector's Edition

I'll buy a new edition of Dumbo any day :D I got the big top edition last year and absolutely loved it. The only iffy thing about it was that it felt so dated. Restoration + possible HD transfer would just be amazing.

Although a making of would be nice, a restoration would be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:53 am 
Limited Edition

You guys do realize that the 'Big Top' edition was never released in the UK, and it could probably be the same release under a different banner? And I think it's still a bit premature to start talking about a Blu-Ray release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:03 am 
Platinum Edition

But we did get a re-release in 2007 with more content than the previous PAL release (in 2004? 2005?). It's odd, but if I remember correctly, our 2007 release had more content than the 2006 Big Top Edition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

2099net wrote:
But we did get a re-release in 2007 with more content than the previous PAL release (in 2004? 2005?). It's odd, but if I remember correctly, our 2007 release had more content than the 2006 Big Top Edition.

And knowing Disney, this edition will probably have even less content than the Big Top Edition. :( :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm 
Limited Edition

KubrickFan wrote:
You guys do realize that the 'Big Top' edition was never released in the UK, and it could probably be the same release under a different banner? And I think it's still a bit premature to start talking about a Blu-Ray release.

It is possible, but the Big Top edition is now OOP in North America and Dumbo is a title that Disney never keeps in the vault for long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Widdi wrote:
KubrickFan wrote:

It is possible, but the Big Top edition is now OOP in North America and Dumbo is a title that Disney never keeps in the vault for long.

I don't think Dumbo has ever really been in the Vault at all it's gotten so many releases in home video history in ever conceivable format, including Batmax (yes Scaps, Batamax :P ) I don't think the Vault really applies to this film. It's not like Cinderella or Bambi which have only had 3 home video releases ever (2 for Snow White prior to this year).

Dumbo will continued to be peddled out on home video like the circus freak he is as many times Disney sees fit.