DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 pm 

If we do have a Wave 9, then I do feel we need an animation dvd in it just like all the other waves have had in past years

It can be called Disney Rarities Volume 2: 1950's-Present

Here's how I think it should look:

1951: Chicken in the Rough

1952: Two Chips and a Miss

Susie the Little Blue Coupe

1954: The Lone Chipmunks

Casey Bats Again

1965: Freewayphobia No. 1
Goofy's Freeway Trouble

1967: Scrooge McDuck and Money

1969: It's Tough to be a Bird!

1978: The Small One

1980: Mickey Mouse Disco

1982: Vincent

1986: Oilspot and Lipstick

1987: Sport Goofy in Soccermania

1992: Petal to the Metal

1995: Stand by Me

2000: John Henry

2004: Lorenzo

One by One

2006: The Little Match Girl

2007: How to Hook up your Home Theater

And any other theatrical cartoon that comes out between now and next november

Also it should include some from either the Alice, Oswald, or Laugh o' Gram shorts

What d you guys think? What would you add to it?

Last edited by DL-Craze on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 pm 
Banned

You forgot to add the I'm No Fool series feat. Jimminy Cricket, unless they'll have an education set in the treasures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Hm, some of those are definitely pieces I've been wanting to see! Lorenzo and Destino especially.

Don't forget, though, One by One is on the TLKII SE DVD and Little Matchgirl is on the TLM PE DVD. John Henry is on the American Legends DVD, albeit not in its wide screen presentation. But yes, this would be nice! There was a volume one? I've never heard of it. What did it include?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm 
Platinum Edition

DL-Craze wrote:
If we do have a Wave 9, then I do feel we need an animation dvd in it just like all the other waves have had in past years

Casey Bats Again

One by One

Also it should include some from either the Alice, Oswald, or Laugh o' Gram shorts

Honestly....I wish that this proposed set was now instead of Annette :P (with Annette getting released in wave 9 )

I second that that get made...my 2 favorites being

2007: How to Hook up your Home Theater (because they mention HDDVD instead of Blu Ray or perhaps they mention both...But I found it funny because Disney didn't want anything to do with HDDVD and was in front of Blu Ray...)

1967: Scrooge McDuck and Money (I honestly have never seen this ever and being the big Scrooge McDuck Fan I am...I would love to have this in my collection...

Quote:
You forgot to add the I'm No Fool series feat. Jimminy Cricket, unless they'll have an education set in the treasures.

I would have seen there being an Education set of future treasures but since Donald in Mathmagic Land is on the Donald Duck volume 4 I am not sure there could be an education set...I think Jimminy Cricket series could be in Disney Rarities volume 2. should there be one come next year.

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 am 
Gold Collection

I wish they would release a Raritites Vol 2! I would hope they would include anything not already released in the treasures, educational shorts, Jiminy of course, And I really want to see a release of Wonderful World of Disney (or whatever) with "Ranger of Brownstone", "Kids is Kids", "Ducking Disaster with Donald and Friends", and Ludwig Von Drake stuff. Oh yeah...Fluppy Dogs too!! None of what I wish will ever happen, but at least I can dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:35 am 
Collector's Edition

I would definitely be interested in a Rarities 2.

My one disapointment about the first volume was that it strangely omited "Susie, the Little Blue Coupe", even though it was from the same era as the rest of the "special" shorts included and would have made a perfect companion piece to "The Little House" - both adorable shorts with plenty of heart that bring inanimate objects to life and make you care about them. They were even released in the same year (1952), just two months apart, and would have been back to back chronologically on the set!

Last edited by David S. on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:38 am 

Actually, I think they could fit an entire 2 discs set with the remaining modern cartoons :

1 - Chicken In The Rough 1951
2 - Susie the Little Blue Coupe 1952
3 - Two Chips And A Miss 1952
4 - The Lone Chipmunks 1954
5 - Casey Bats Again 1954
6 - Freewayphobia No. 1 1965
7 - Goofy's Freeway Trouble 1965
8 - Scrooge McDuck And Money 1967
9 - It's Tough To Be A Bird 1969
10 - Dad, Can I Borrow the Car 1970
11 - Man, Monsters and Mysteries 1973
12 - The Small One 1978
13 - Mickey Mouse Disco
14 - Once Upon a Mouse
15 - Fun with Mr. Future
16 - Sport Goofy In Soccermania 1987
17 - Oilspot and Lipstick 1987
18 - Petal to the Metal 1992
19 - Off His Rockers 1992
20 - Timon & Pumbaa in Stand by Me 1995
21 - Redux Riding Hood 1997
22 - Three Little Pigs 1997
23 - Goofy’s Extreme Sports: Skating the HalfPipe 1998
24 - Goofy’s Extreme Sports: Paracycling 1998
25 - Pluto Gets the Paper: Spaceship 1999
26 - Donald’s Dynamite Opera Box 1999
27 - John Henry 2000
28 - Lorenzo 2004
29 - One by One 2004
30 - The Little Matchgirl 2006
31 - How To Hook Up Your Home Theater 2007
32 - Glago's Guest 2008

On the contray, I m' pretty sure than we never had on this treasure, if one day it arrives, Vincent (because it is on The Nightmare before Chrismas edition) and Destino (because they want to have a single edition for this title).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:22 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

DL Craze wrote:

*cough* You might just get your wish *hint* *cough* *not divulging any information that's been shared with me* *cough*

You're all missing a ton of stuff btw, I'd type a list up but looks like someone else is on the ball:
http://thedisneydigest.blogspot.com/200 ... ssing.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think in a ninth wave Disney could really wrap the collection up. A Disney rarities volume 2 could give us all the stuff that's now missing.

the low production count of wave 8 is discouraging though. Has anyone tried emailing Leonard Maltin? He's usually quick to respond and very honest and up to date on developments rearding the Treasures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

PatrickvD wrote:
Has anyone tried emailing Leonard Maltin? He's usually quick to respond and very honest and up to date on developments rearding the Treasures.

*cough*The information i mentioned that wasn't divulged to me, most certainly wasn't divulged to me by Leonard Maltin *wink**nod**nudge**cough*He aslo never mentioned anything whatsoever to do with a Zorro Treasure in wave IX either*cough**wink**nod*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 pm 
Special Edition

ichabod wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
Has anyone tried emailing Leonard Maltin? He's usually quick to respond and very honest and up to date on developments rearding the Treasures.

*cough*The information i mentioned that wasn't divulged to me, most certainly wasn't divulged to me by Leonard Maltin *wink**nod**nudge**cough*He aslo never mentioned anything whatsoever to do with a Zorro Treasure in wave IX either*cough**wink**nod*

Don't hold out on us broham, give us an animated hint...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:00 pm 
Special Edition

Another rarites set is needed but stuff that is Oswald, Alice comedy and Laug-O-grams are more in the dust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:08 pm 
Special Edition

Since we are at it I'll just add that I wrote to the very approachable
Mr. Maltin some time ago to know if Working for Peanuts was going to be released in 3D on this treasures.

This is what he had to said:
Hi... Actually, the very first Treasure I wanted to do was a complete 3-D collection, including Working for Peanuts and the Mouseketeers Jamboree, which was shown at Disneyland in 3-D during the park's first year or two... but the folks at Walt Disney Home Video don't feel the current technology for 3-D viewing at home is good enough to warrant that kind of release. I hope we'll be able to catch up some time down the road.

Makes you wonder why Disney HE think the way they do.... :roll:

BTW I asked him permission to include this info and he kindly approved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

ichabod wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:

**cough**wink**nudge--thanks**cough**vomit**wink-wink**nudge-nudge.

lol, sorry it's really hard to read and/or type with winks, coughs and nudges, but yeah. so.....right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:42 pm 
Special Edition

Mr. Maltin had this to say when I wrote him yesterday with suggestions of Moochie, Chip and Dale, Zorro, and Texas John Slaughter.

Hi... I appreciate your continued support of the series, of course. And I'm still hoping to get to some of those other ideas you named. Zorro is looking pretty good, and we're definitely trying to find a way to gather up the Chip n Dales and other miscellaneous cartoons we haven't used so far, so keep your fingers crossed. all the best, Leonard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:59 pm 
Special Edition

Heil Donald Duck wrote:
Another rarites set is needed but stuff that is Oswald, Alice comedy and Laug-O-grams are more in the dust.

So I would favour theaterical stuff that is left from post 1929. (Leaving out Commericals, educationals, and War shorts that doesn't feture the gangs or any known caracter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm 
Special Edition

skippy wrote:
Mr. Maltin had this to say when I wrote him yesterday with suggestions of Moochie, Chip and Dale, Zorro, and Texas John Slaughter.

Hi... I appreciate your continued support of the series, of course. And I'm still hoping to get to some of those other ideas you named. Zorro is looking pretty good, and we're definitely trying to find a way to gather up the Chip n Dales and other miscellaneous cartoons we haven't used so far, so keep your fingers crossed. all the best, Leonard

This is extremely welcome news!!

I would say that there is probably enough material out there for at least 2 more animated treasures: an Education Set, and the very desirable Rarities volume 2. Perhaps a certain unreleased feature could also be considered a rarity!!!!! However, I really like the list at the top of this thread.

There are numerous Live Action sets available, besides Zorro (which already has me drooling): People and Places, more "Mickey Mouse Club": the 2nd week of shows, or Hardy Boys vol. 2, or Further Adventures of Spin & Marty; More of Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca; Texas John Slaughter; Corky & the White Shadow; a compilation of animal-related stories from Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents/Wonderful World of Color ...

If Disney sees fits, I think we've got at least 2 more good waves worth out there for the having.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:20 am 
Special Edition

With the kinda-sorta-hopeful news from some posters on here about rumblings about the next wave, I think that Disney should finish off the collection at a nice round number, let's say wave 10. I think w/that as an end game it would finish out some of the releases that have been started yet not finished as of yet. Maybe bring it out to 4 sets per wave to make sure stuff gets finished out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:21 pm 
Gold Collection

ohmahaaha wrote:
There are numerous Live Action sets available, besides Zorro (which already has me drooling): People and Places, more "Mickey Mouse Club": the 2nd week of shows, or Hardy Boys vol. 2, or Further Adventures of Spin & Marty; More of Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca; Texas John Slaughter; Corky & the White Shadow; a compilation of animal-related stories from Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents/Wonderful World of Color ...

If Disney sees fits, I think we've got at least 2 more good waves worth out there for the having.

Gallegher! Gallegher! Gallegher! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 pm 
Special Edition

DL-Craze wrote:

Casey Bats Again

Goofy's Freeway Trouble

One by One

You are probably missing two-three later educational shorts with Donald