List of abandoned projects

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Hand-Drawn Animation Dead at Disney

Post by Farerb »

The World According to Winnie the Pooh
Cartoon Saloon's rejected pilot from 2014

https://youtu.be/rcSoUMNiNrU
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: List of abandoned projects

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Idk how I feel about the voices but otherwise it was super cute!
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Found this about Steven Hahn:
2003 thru 2004, developed First Pets, a theatrical CGI animation project with Roy Disney of Walt Disney Studios as Disney acquisition project for the world-wide release.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150420014 ... m/Hahn.htm

I'm not sure what "acquisition project" mean in this context. That Disney should just distribute the movie and Hahn-production make it, or that Disney should produce the movie themselves and Hahn direct or produce. Only if it was a Disney production can it be called an abandoned project.
blackcauldron85

I obviously don't know, but I read it as Disney would acquire Hahn Productions' project? A Google search is bringing me no info, though.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Yes, it is impossible to find much information about it. The only way would be to find a way to ask Steven Hahn or Jeffrey Scott about it. But since they worked with Roy Disney on it, and he Hahn felt confident enough to mention it on his page, they must have written an outline and maybe also made some concept art.
One reason why nothing happened could be because Disney bought Pixar in 2006, it made Lasseter and Catmull the new bosses. There were some projects that were dropped, like Chris Sander's original idea for American Dog, or Clements and Musker's Fraidy Cat.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

For anyone interested, someone made a Video of the "Lost and found" arrbook where they showed some Info and Concept Art for movies like Mickeys Nightingale, Wild Life and My peoples. I know the book doesnt really show any New artwork or Info but its still nice. Always wanted to get the book but it sells for about 80$+ so im like "no thanks๐Ÿ˜‡". Anyways you can check it out here: https://youtu.be/bnumBvytiVA?si=8Aa-j_rmi1GYRR75
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
blackcauldron85

I own that book, so if anyone wants any particular info or pictures from it, I'd be happy to help.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

This seems like a wonderful project/resource:
Have you ever seen incredible development artwork for an animated project that you couldnโ€™t wait to see come to fruition, only to discover that it never got made? Or have you ever fallen in love with an animated film that nobody else seems to remember existed? Or maybe you saw a teaser that was so bad it was good and you donโ€™t know how the project got that far?

If so, thereโ€™s a good chance that some incredible images, videos and the behind-the-scenes story of the filmโ€™s downfall are included, or one day will be included, in Drawing for Nothing, a new, free ebook that compiles artwork and anecdotes from the development and production of canceled and troubled animated films.
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/books/drawi ... 38845.html