Little Mermaid 2 Re-release in August?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Little Mermaid 2 Re-release in August?

Post by nomad2010 »

Just wondering if any news from disney about re-releasing the second little mermaid when the third is released. It's been how long since the second was released and taken away and the 1st has been out on platinum edition for a while now so why hasnt the second been re-released?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Well, the TLM trilogy will probably follow the same path as the "Cinderella" trilogy did. The Platinum was released, then a few years later the 3rd sequel was released, and then a few months later the 2nd sequel was re-released. So, most likely the TLM trilogy will be put back in the vault January 2009.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Jan<3
Limited Issue

Post by Jan<3 »

I was wondering the same thing, and came to realize "The Little Mermaid" is the only Platinum Edition that doesn't have it's second movie realised onto a Special Edition DVD. All the others have. I have a hunch it will follow the path of the "Cinderella" movies. Which means, "The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea - Special Edition" will probably be released December 2008, then all three movies be thrown into the Disney Vault at the beginning of January 2009. Atleast I hope so... I want this movie.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

if they do plan to re-release it do you think it will be announced before the third is released or do you think the announcement will be made in the form of commercial on the third when it's released?
Jan<3
Limited Issue

Post by Jan<3 »

I think the DVD of "Little Mermaid III" will have a preview for it.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Yeah,they will make re-release it in December.
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

I hope it's in December! I can't WAIT for this movie. I remember watching it at school and I have not seen it since then.

WOO HOO!

Sorry, it's just exciting to me. :P
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

jennydumas wrote:I hope it's in December! I can't WAIT for this movie. I remember watching it at school and I have not seen it since then.

WOO HOO!

Sorry, it's just exciting to me. :P
Settle down, it's not that good :lol:

No, you're right I like it too :D
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
The Little Mermaid

Post by The Little Mermaid »

I too hope that Disney released The Little Mermaid 2 in Dec. I've only seen this movie once on the disney channel. I hope to soon complete the trilogy for my dvd collection. I all 3 of the Cinderella films. I love collecting sequels. :)
Jan<3
Limited Issue

Post by Jan<3 »

What do you think the cover art would look like?
I think it would kinda look like the Platinum cover art. But instead of Ariel at the top on the rock it would be Melody and she would be sitting on the rock, and possibly Tip and Dash are beside her? That's all I came up with...
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

why do u want a re-release for? not like it will have anything special on it! :roll:
Jan<3
Limited Issue

Post by Jan<3 »

Well some people, such as myself, like to collect all the movies in a series. And this movie has been out of print for quite some time, so a re-release would be pleasing. Also, considering every other Platinum Edition movie's sequel got a Special Edition re-release, and this is the only one not too, I think it's high time for this to surface again.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Jan<3 wrote:Well some people, such as myself, like to collect all the movies in a series. And this movie has been out of print for quite some time, so a re-release would be pleasing. Also, considering every other Platinum Edition movie's sequel got a Special Edition re-release, and this is the only one not too, I think it's high time for this to surface again.
well thats true to collect them, but I already own the first one. So I see no point in double dipping for nothing. :)
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

Matt wrote:why do u want a re-release for? not like it will have anything special on it! :roll:
Not everyone got it when it last came out. We all have our reasons... 8)
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
ifoceanscollide

Post by ifoceanscollide »

Yea, I def need the re-release as well. I didn't get it the first time because...well, I was like 9 and had no money. lol.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I am a member of e-rewards.com and I just received a request to evaluate a promo for Little Mermaid III and they we asking about my opinion of a re-release of Little Mermaid II. So a release is being considered!!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

they have asked you to evaluate a promo of TLMIII ?!!??! what does that mean ?!

I dont know about a special edition of the movie being confirmed yet, but the UK are getting a triple movie boxset of The Little Mermaid / Return To The Sea / Ariel's Beginning.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I"m sure that it will be like the old DVD with a new game or something (Like November's and December's Cinderella II and Return To Neverland DVDs).
Well,I won't buy it because it's defintly the worse sequel ever.
I think the cover will have mermaid Ariel and mermaid Melody underwater with Flounder and Sebastian (Like the Cinderella II DVD cover with Ariel and Melody above the logo like Cinderella).
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

reyquila wrote:I am a member of e-rewards.com and I just received a request to evaluate a promo for Little Mermaid III
You saw it?
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Old Fish Tale wrote:
reyquila wrote:I am a member of e-rewards.com and I just received a request to evaluate a promo for Little Mermaid III
You saw it?
The promo? Yeah!!! A short video announcing the release date with references to the movie!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view