Does anyone like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
tomorrow land 341

Does anyone like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority?

Post by tomorrow land 341 »

i think it is really cool....grate view of tomorrowland, and i love the way it tells you about all the diffrent parts. if you like the TTA, i'd like to hear from you
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I enjoy the TTA- it's very relaxing. It's actually my husband's very favorite ride, though!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I am a big fan of the TTA. No trip to Tomorrowland is complete without an initial round on the TTA and the ride is even better at night, with Tomorrowland all aglow and the spectacular view of the lit-up castle.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

I love it. I wish the original People Mover was still there at Disneyland.
crunkcourt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by crunkcourt »

I love the TTA as well. As Aaron said it is a great way to start out in Tomorrowland. You get a great view of Tomorrowland and the castle; and it's nice to be able to board a ride quickly and get off your feet for a few minutes.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Absolutely loved it. Brought back found memories of the People Mover.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
EAWildman

Post by EAWildman »

I love the TTA. It's a very relaxing trip. What a great ride when it's raining. You can usually just stay on and ride a few times in a row too. That helps when you are waiting for a break in the rain. So, fun in the day or night. I love seeing the model of Walt's version of Epcot. And the nice view of Space Mountain too. The only time we didn't ride it was at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Too much to do!

Eric
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JEANYLASER »

I love TTA!
JEANY SANCHEZ
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

I like it a great deal. Once, I took my shoes (costume boots) off in it, and that was a welcome relief! I'm not sure that I was technically allowed to do that, but after walking throughout a theme park in pre-Victorian era heels all day, I say the rest was deserved.
That's hot.
MichaeLeah
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MichaeLeah »

TTA is one of my favorite rides in the park...I think it is probably my favorite in Tomorrowland. I think it is a brilliant invention. Did you know it is propelled by magnets? Walt had the technology developed because he intended to use it for people to commute with at Epcot.

While I love the ride, I think they failed to utilize its potential in the park. On the ride they pretend it is a mode of transportation about Tomorrowland. I think they should have really used it to transport you around the land. For example, they should have put a station at the Fantasyland end of the Tomorrowland Concourse (sp?). They should have also put stations by Space Mountain, at the entrance of Tomorrowland, and in the center of Tomorrland (under the Astro Orbiter as it is now). Wouldn't it have been cool if the ride really was a demonstration of what the technology was developed for?
My avatar is from Tony's Town Square Restaurant. What else would we do over a plate of spaghetti with meatballs?
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

TTA will always be people mover in my heart... :)
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

I enjoy the TTA. Almost no lines, very relaxing, a way to cool off, and a great way to see Tomorrowland.

Sometimes, I try to imitate the announcer... "Next stop: Space Mountain" :D
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Walter wrote:
Sometimes, I try to imitate the announcer... "Next stop: Space Mountain" :D
It's nice to know that we're not the only ones- my husband always says, "Next stop, Ameebamee!" (since that's one of my nicknames...)

:)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I like it. I like the relaxing stuff. One of the reasons I LOVE the Disney parks and don't care for other theme parks is that the Disney parks have so many rides that are just relaxing/entertaining without attempting to make you sick.
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I love the TTA as well. Whenever I visit the park, Tomorrowland is usually the last land I like to end at for the day, and I find it's just a nice relaxing way to end the day by seeing all the lights of that area of the park.
-Tim
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

PrincePhillipFan wrote:I love the TTA as well. Whenever I visit the park, Tomorrowland is usually the last land I like to end at for the day, and I find it's just a nice relaxing way to end the day by seeing all the lights of that area of the park.
We usually go clockwise too. :)
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I try to ride it twice. Once during the day when it's hot out to get off of our feet and once at night to see Tomorrowland all aglow. I like this ride much more than the rest of my family. Of course, I like Disney World more than my wife does.
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

I do, I do! It's a nice place to take a break.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I do!

When I went to WDW this past March, my parents and I went on TTA twice while we were waiting for Space Mountain. :)
skybluemilk
Limited Issue

Post by skybluemilk »

I love it too its very realixing and very good if u r here for the first time. They are recreating it I think that they will do a good job and it will probably attract younger veiwers too.