Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

this is something i did out of boredom..i call it 'disney's forest princesses' picnic' if someone could give a dialogue caption for each princess i'd appreciate it :D

do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It's beautiful.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

that's a pretty picutre :D (altought i think that you should put Belle insted of Eilonwey).
I feel bad for the film becouse a few monthes ago we wanted to know new things about Enchanted and now it's... old :( and we don't hear more news about it i start feeling like it's something old like The Little Mermaid and it's not even on DVD yet! but as long i love i shouldn't think about it this way,right?.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

I DIDNT WANNA PUT BELLE BECAUSE

A)SHE DIDNT PRACTICALLY LIVE IN A FOREST..WELL SHE WAS IN A CASTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST..BUT THATS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MATTER

B)SHE'S MY LEAST FAV PRINCESS :p
gumby17
Gold Classic Collection

Post by gumby17 »

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

The cover looks a little bit better when it's larger but still, Ya Blu-ray! I only hope there are art galleries on the Disc. For some reason that's the kind of bonus feature I want most.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Yeah, I agree. The cover looks better closer-up. I guess we won't be getting a 2-disc, though. Oh well.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

So not only Amy Adams did NOT win her Golden Globe, the song "That's How You Know" lost as well! lame!
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Yeah, that sucks. I was mad Hairspray didn't win anything either.

They interviewed her on NBC tonight as well.... Oh well, there's still the Oscars!
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

:( it saddes me the song didnt win. i can understand the best actress is a tough call... and johnny shouldnt have won either...i think we've had tad too much johnny nowadays...it might end up like jude law.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

It's sad that Amy Adams didn't win, but not winning the song globe is bordering on the ridiculous.

There might be a lot of Johnny Depp nowadays, but he is always only nominated, he never wins, so it's nice seeing him win.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Bah,still bad (i just can't stand seeing Giselle in those some old posses,it's not even a pretty clipart).
Someday...
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Someday... »

I made a video with Cinderella to So Close (if anyone is interested)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1N4bL303kc
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

DVDTimes has slightly more detailed specs for ths release:

* Pip’s Predicament: A Pop-up Adventure
Giselle’s chipmunk friend Pip stars in this new short—magical pop-up, storybook style. While Giselle gets used to life in New York, Pip embarks on a daring mission to rescue Prince Edward.

* Fantasy Comes To Life
Discover the cinematic wizardry that went into the making of Enchanted in three behind-the-scenes featurettes: “Happy Working Song,” “That’s How You Know,” “A Blast at the Ball”

* Deleted Scenes
Including exclusive intros by director Kevin Lima

* Bloopers

Color me disappointed that a film that's grossing about $125 million domestically alone is given such an anemic platter. A commentary track and gallery would help add substance to the disc.

I'm a little worried about the deleted scenes. There's no mention of the song written for Edward and Nancy that the film was supposed to close with. Now, there's still a pretty good chance it'll be on the DVD (especially since Menken and Schwartz said so). What I find odd is that Disney usually promotes the heck out of deleted songs on their DVDs, and yet there's nary a mention here. I'll be very ticked if it's been left off.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Disneykid wrote:* Fantasy Comes To Life
Discover the cinematic wizardry that went into the making of Enchanted in three behind-the-scenes featurettes: “Happy Working Song,” “That’s How You Know,” “A Blast at the Ball”
I am praying that each of these featurettes aren't just culled from promotional EPK fluffumentaries. And given the fact that they seem to only cover three aspects of the film, it's doubtful these are 15-20 minute featurettes. Would it kill Disney to make a longform making-of-the-movie documentary once again? And it seems odd that there's no featurette regarding the 2D animation, which is a major point in both the narrative and in the film promotion.

Hopefully Disney will release a two-disc special edition shortly before Christmas 2008. It'd be a double-dip I'd welcome with open arms.
Disneykid wrote:A commentary track and gallery would help add substance to the disc.
Ditto. It would have been great to have a yak-trak with Kevin Lima and screenwriter Bill Kelly (whose original draft was a far cry from what was actually shot). Also, a cast commentary would have been excellent too.

*imagines Adams, Dempsey, and Marsden laughing and giggling through "That's How You Know"*

I'd complain about the lack of a trailer, but it's on The Jungle Book: Platinum Edition. Not exactly the most convenient way to access it, but it's better than youtube and it's already on hand.

Here's hoping for a store-exclusive bonus disc with additional featurettes (and maybe some trailers and tv spots...please?). As much as I loathe the idea of store-exclusives, it's sometimes the best/only way to get truly good bonus features on DVDs. The BestBuy POTC3 disc and the Target Ratatouille disc are great examples.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

I couldn't really think of another place I could complain about the DVD/BluRay cover, so I decided to come here.

I'm not sure if the one that's been posted is official, but personally, I think the cover is terrible. It's practically the same thing as the movie poster. Couldn't they change the layout a little? Use different pictures? I know they have other pictures of Amy at least, I've seen them on birthday party napkins! and plates! and cups! Geeze louise. :(

I'm really hoping they add some more features. The ones they have now... they just really don't impress me too much. :( I'm really counting on these special features, especially if they don't include that deleted song. :x
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

My friend heard That's How You Know the other day, so she decided to bug her boyfriend and phoned him and started asking why he doesn't send her yellow flowers, or leave notes saying she's on his mind etc. :lol:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Vermin Friends wrote:I'm not sure if the one that's been posted is official, but personally, I think the cover is terrible. It's practically the same thing as the movie poster. Couldn't they change the layout a little? Use different pictures? I know they have other pictures of Amy at least, I've seen them on birthday party napkins! and plates! and cups! Geeze louise. :(
Agreed,i just hate seeing Giselle in this clipart all the time,it's not even her best clipart,i whould like to see also Giselle in a pink dress and the birthday had much better live action Giselle cliparts.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

How many discs does the DVD (the US edition) have? over here we'll have a one disc edition.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Ariel'sprince wrote:How many discs does the DVD (the US edition) have? over here we'll have a one disc edition.
Just one.... boooo!

I also hate that the widescreen and full screen versions are on seperate DVDs.... :roll: