It's official! Get ready to BRAWL online! Super Smash Bros.!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

It's official! Get ready to BRAWL online! Super Smash Bros.!

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I am officially PUMPED! I have been following all of the updates on the official Super Smash Bros. Brawl site (Smash Bros. Dojo in Japan), and it was just announced that it will officially use the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection for online BRAWLS!

Hit the link for details!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode ... -fi01.html

Let me just say, this game is going to rock! If you don't own a Wii, get one now! This game, along with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Mario Galaxy, are the reasons to own one.

I can't wait to go up against all of you that have a Nintendo Wii and buy this game!

Let the online BRAWL begin!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I am so glad that this game will be online. I always knew somehow that it would be, but an offical annoucement is great news. I honestly wished Prime 3 had a online mode other than the Friend Voucher thing...

Anyway Melee was one of my favorite Gamecube games and its replay factor is excellent for Multiplayer matches. I'm sure Brawl will be even better since you can battle online. The screenshots for Brawl look amazing. Its a nice upgrade from the Gamecube graphics.

Now to figure out what controller I want to use for Brawl. I'm leaning toward using a Gamecube one, or MAYBE a Classic Controller... I'll have to wait and try the different configurations first. For some reason I just don't see myself using the Nunchuck and/or the Wiimote for this game at all. It might work great though so who knows. :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Oh man... I really cant wait for this game. I just wonder if Zelda will be able to turn into Shiek in this one. And I hear rumors about Link being able to turn into Wolf Link. Hmm.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Very excited by Super Smash Bros. for the Wii. While I'm yet to really use the online features of the Wii - beyond the odd dabble to download some VC games and systems upgrades - I think there is a world of potential there.

Lord knows when SSMB will be out in PAL Land though! Nintendo are a bit slack about releasing their games locally (it took 6 months for Super Paper Mario and 3 months for Metroid 3).
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Other than a Mii Parade, and some Friend Vouchers in Prime 3 I have yet to do anything else online with the Wii. The Everybody Votes Channel has become addicting to me lately though.

I just hope they continue to work on the online experience and keep releasing more games that will take advantage of the online capabilities of the system.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

My biggest joy for this game is Kid Icarus. The poor guy's series was never continued after NES, and now he has a spot on the playable character list. I can't wait.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Big ultimatedisney forum brawl? I would...when PAL land gets it in 2008
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

yamiiguy wrote:Big ultimatedisney forum brawl? I would...when PAL land gets it in 2008
I doubt they will let PAL players play against NTSC players. Just like some Xbox1 games don't let 50hz and 60hz play together online.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

2099net wrote:
yamiiguy wrote:Big ultimatedisney forum brawl? I would...when PAL land gets it in 2008
I doubt they will let PAL players play against NTSC players. Just like some Xbox1 games don't let 50hz and 60hz play together online.
They better....well they usually do anyway
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

YES!

Now I am DEFINITLY buying a Wii!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Count me in! :)
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

this is going to be one of the funnest games ever.....smash should be a fav of everyone for the char. and game play....i am so excited!!! the new char. are so awesome too!!!! go nintendo
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Oh man... I really cant wait for this game. I just wonder if Zelda will be able to turn into Shiek in this one. And I hear rumors about Link being able to turn into Wolf Link. Hmm.
Shiek is going be in it. It was confirm by Eiji Aonuma that he did design for Shiek and Ganondorf for Brawl.

Wolf Link won't happen.

Yeah I'm damn excited for this game. There will be so many levels and about total of 40 characters. It's going be a blast. I'm still hoping RAY MK III form latest DS game make it in.

oh and sonic in it in case you didn't realize.

this is a funny ass video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zOQq2N3xA
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

The update for today is freaking awesome! Stage Builder! Check it out at the official site:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Stage Builder, and Wi-Fi support for sending them to Nintendo, and getting a new selected stage from the submitted collection, EVERY DAY! AMAZING!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

MadonnasManOne wrote:The update for today is freaking awesome! Stage Builder! Check it out at the official site:

Stage Builder, and Wi-Fi support for sending them to Nintendo, and getting a new selected stage from the submitted collection, EVERY DAY! AMAZING!
Nice Update!

I've said it before, but this will be THE game for the Wii. I can't wait until its finally released.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

MadonnasManOne wrote:The update for today is freaking awesome! Stage Builder! Check it out at the official site:

Stage Builder is awesome. I doubt it but I'll probably like to recreated Hyrule Temple if they don't put that in Brawl(Brawl could put some older stages in like Melee did, and Temple is a very popular one)

This is also why the delay was a good thing. For more shit for Brawl.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Awesome news!

Random question,but...what are everyone's favorite stages from the Melee version?

I personally loved Hyrule Temple,The Final Battlestage one,and the one where you're on a flying airplane...I forget the name of that one. Like Corneria or something? :P :?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

PeterPanfan wrote:Awesome news!

Random question,but...what are everyone's favorite stages from the Melee version?

I personally loved Hyrule Temple,The Final Battlestage one,and the one where you're on a flying airplane...I forget the name of that one. Like Corneria or something? :P :?
Yea there's Corneria and Venom.

Hyrule Temple is number one for me and hopfully comes back in Brawl.

I also like Pkm stadium, Onett, and Kongo Jungle.

Music i like Green Greens, and Great Bay(has original Zelda music)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

New stage. Ice Climber Stage. This is a neat ass stage and an improvement stage over the Melee one. I really like it.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Super Aurora wrote:New stage. Ice Climber Stage. This is a neat ass stage and an improvement stage over the Melee one. I really like it.
Yes, it is a huge improvement over the Ice Climber stage in Melee. They have some great stages that they have already revealed. I just can't imagine what stages they've got that they haven't revealed!