We Must Save The Star Wars Box Set

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

We Must Save The Star Wars Box Set

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

This topic is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very important topic. It's about saving the Star Wars 30th Anniversary DVD Box Set and why we need it for this year. Once you have finished reading this you have to spread the word to everybody you have ever known, start petitions and protests, anything! This is the following:

When word got out on thedigitalbits.com that the boxset MIGHT be cancelled on Febuary 23rd, 2007, it worried and broken the hearts of soooooo many Star Wars fans and we prayed to God that these rumours were false. Then with an interview iF Magazine on April 9th, 2007, Steve Sansweet confirmed that there would be no Star Wars box set release for Star Wars' 30th Anniversary of 2007. If we, the fans, don't do something about this, the Star Wars' 30th Anniversary, the once in a lifetime event, the greatest anniversary of all time, will be lost and there will be nothing spectacular about it. Why do we need the boxset? Because it's the big enchilada of the Star Wars' 30th Anniversary. Without it, what the point of going to Celebration IV and becoming a Star Wars fan? NOTHING! Fans, it's up to you. You can make a difference. You are smart,. You are victorious. You can save the anniversary. Start petitions, protests, riots, anything! As long as you can think of something, we may have a chance. Don't let us down. I thank you all for reading this fans of the franchise. Now go out there and find a way to get that box set release. TOGETHER WE CAN!!!!!!!! Oh! And one more thing: May the force be with you!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Given the fact that fans have already been burned three times on DVD, I doubt many would want to clamor together and push for a fourth that could just as easily be screwed up too.

2004: Brand Spankin' New Enhancements plus disc full of extras.
2005: Brand Spankin' New Enhancements without the extras.
2006: Brand Spankin' New Enhancements with laserdisc-mastered non-anamorphic original versions.

I know many people chose to skip out on all three and wait for the big bloomin' 2007 boxset, so in addition to screwing over fans who bought all those versions in all 3 years, it looks like Lucas screwed over the ones waiting for an actual quality* release as well. Nice.

Besides, the 30th anniversary is like...two and a half weeks away. Doubt any amount of protests and petitions would get something done that quickly (aside from stores probably bundling the six films together in shrinkwrap and calling that a "30th Anniversary Megaset")

Escapay

*Not saying that the 2004 extras aren't "quality", just that I personally would have wanted each movie to have their own movie-specific extras disc instead of having them all in one disc. And where's my deleted scenes and vintage documentaries, dammit?!?
Last edited by Escapay on Mon May 07, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Re: We Must Save The Star Wars Box Set

Post by Prudence »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:This topic is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very important topic.
Except to those who really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don't care.
That's hot.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Did you try writing to the big fan sites like theforce.net? Don't know if it would do any good at this point tho. I'd love to have the fabled mega set with all of the extras and finally the deleted scenes. Heck man, maybe they should just do an extras boxset? They could have all of the original tv documentaries, deleted scenes, all sorts of stuff!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Maerj wrote:Did you try writing to the big fan sites like theforce.net? Don't know if it would do any good at this point tho. I'd love to have the fabled mega set with all of the extras and finally the deleted scenes. Heck man, maybe they should just do an extras boxset? They could have all of the original tv documentaries, deleted scenes, all sorts of stuff!
It worked for the Halloween Franchise with Halloween: 25 Years of Terror! (Which reminds me, I still have to pick up that two-dvd set...)

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

Man, I have never spent so much on a series of movies!
I am not at all interested in another one.. being in my early thirties.. I also wasted money on all the VHS BS releases that came out!.. :oops:
I really only think I can rewatch III currently... I probably wont watch any of the other ones for a while
Jules: You know the shows on TV?
Vincent: I don't watch TV.
Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

If there is a boxset, I just hope that we finally get anamorphic releases of the Original Trilogy.

I have the release(s) from last year, and its nice to finally have them on DVD, but I would love for them to actually get the respect they deserve.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Escapay wrote:It worked for the Halloween Franchise with Halloween: 25 Years of Terror! (Which reminds me, I still have to pick up that two-dvd set...)

Escapay
Yes, you must. It's a great set. I really enjoyed it, and am glad I picked it up.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Prudence wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:This topic is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very important topic.
Except to those who really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don't care.
:lol: rotfl
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

sotiris2006 wrote:
Prudence wrote: Except to those who really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don't care.
:lol: rotfl
Yes! I succeeded in making someone laugh!
That's hot.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I still have my Laserdisc sets, so it sounds like I haven't really missed much...

Yes, if the 30th Anniversary set comes out, with good extras, anamorphic remastered versions of the originals without the changes and maybe the special edition versions as well (although I could just buy the current box set if I wanted those,) I would buy it.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Damn that's bad news, I've held off on buying them because of this, wonder if HMV still has them on 3 for £20
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:If we, the fans, don't do something about this, the Star Wars' 30th Anniversary, the once in a lifetime event, the greatest anniversary of all time, will be lost and there will be nothing spectacular about it.
The day is going to come and go anyway. And exactly how is it "the greatest anniversary of all time"? Anniversaries for all sorts of things happen all the time. Star Wars has had 15th, 20th, and 25th Anniversaries, and it will have 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th, 75th, and 100th Anniversaries (and more) in the years ahead. Why is the 30th better than all the rest? Because you're conscious of it?
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Why do we need the boxset? Because it's the big enchilada of the Star Wars' 30th Anniversary.
Actually it's the big chimichanga, with some mole sauce and shredded cheese. You were misinformed.
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Without it, what the point of going to Celebration IV and becoming a Star Wars fan? NOTHING!
Now that's a load of crap and you know it. Nobody became a Star Wars fan or went to a Celebration convention just because a DVD boxset was released.

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Fans, it's up to you. You can make a difference. You are smart,. You are victorious. You can save the anniversary. Start petitions, protests, riots, anything! As long as you can think of something, we may have a chance. Don't let us down. I thank you all for reading this fans of the franchise. Now go out there and find a way to get that box set release. TOGETHER WE CAN!!!!!!!!
You honestly think all that can force Lucas' hand and get a DVD boxset developed, manufactured, distributed and released in a scant two weeks' time? If so, then I need to recommend that you contact the Betty Ford Center ASAP.
All have fallen short.
Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it the most.
- Bono
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I don't need any special help. Maybe I have been unclear. I meant was that the box set dosen't have to be released this month. I might have meant that the box set has to be released this year (November possibly). As long if the box set dosen't get released this year, then whyat's the reason to celebrate? I'm sorry to all who misunderstanded. Just someone ask Lucas at Celebration IV is the box set getting released this year. Thanks.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Dude - I think you have the cartoon geek messageboard confused with the sci-fi geek messageboard.

But then again we could send Teede - I am sure she could get to Lucas in one of her disguises.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I don't need any special help.
Now now, Betty Ford Center has helped many people worse off than you.
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Maybe I have been unclear.
I would hope so. Opacity is underrated as a quality.
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I meant was that the box set dosen't have to be released this month. I might have meant that the box set has to be released this year (November possibly).
Well, let us know once you decide what you meant.
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:As long if the box set dosen't get released this year, then whyat's the reason to celebrate?
There isn't any. Go back to sleep.
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I'm sorry to all who misunderstanded.
Uhh....
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Just someone ask Lucas at Celebration IV is the box set getting released this year. Thanks.
Yeah, we'll do that. Want us to call you when we get ahold of him there?
All have fallen short.
Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it the most.
- Bono
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

All right. I have been unclear. I did meant that the box set has to be released this year. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, if anyone is attending Celebration IV, someone please ask (possibly during the Q and A) is the Star Wars Box Set getting released this year. Thank you. :)
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Mickeyfan - thats a good idea. No one would think to announce such a thing if it werent asked in the Q&A. I will do it, I will be the one dressed as the klingon.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:It could be a sign :D
Or the general Amazon notice that they use for any unreleased titles. Type in Song of the South and get the same availability notice:
Amazon wrote:Availability: We will e-mail you when this title becomes available.
Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61: