DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:14 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:02 pm
Posts: 377
Location: Indiana
Disneykid wrote:
I think your images are swapped. The top one is the newer one while the bottom one is the older one. I agree that the new cover is blagh. I never liked how Disney covers a third of their covers with a pointless silver border. I'm really curious about buying this DVD, but I'll wait until someone else does and reviews it.

No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.

_________________
Visit the home of my Disney Japanese laserdiscs
http://www.geocities.com/disney_laserdiscs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:39 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:10 am
Posts: 4816
Location: Wonderland
mvealf wrote:
No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.


That's strange because you included the new pic in your post when you first saw the Blu-Ray cover a month ago...

mvealf wrote:
Actually, the above artwork is for the regular DVD. The Blu-Ray looks like this:
<p><a href="http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/product/data.jsp?cid=761#bluray">
<img border="0" src="http://bvhe-navi.jp/image/products/picture/20070000076102_s.jpg" width="85" height="113" alt="The Art of Disney"></a></p>

_________________
Kelvin
Image
My Blu-ray Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:57 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:02 pm
Posts: 377
Location: Indiana
Disneykid wrote:
mvealf wrote:
No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.


That's strange because you included the new pic in your post when you first saw the Blu-Ray cover a month ago...

mvealf wrote:
Actually, the above artwork is for the regular DVD. The Blu-Ray looks like this:
<p><a href="http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/product/data.jsp?cid=761#bluray">
<img border="0" src="http://bvhe-navi.jp/image/products/picture/20070000076102_s.jpg" width="85" height="113" alt="The Art of Disney"></a></p>

That's because my picture is just a link to the Japanese site. Disney changed the picture on their site, so anything that was linked to it would also change. When I originally posted that link, the picture was different.

_________________
Visit the home of my Disney Japanese laserdiscs
http://www.geocities.com/disney_laserdiscs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:35 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:23 am
Posts: 39
Location: Durham, UK
Is this available for order yet anywhere?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:02 am 
Offline
Ultraviolet Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:12 am
Posts: 1391
Location: Alea jacta est
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11924
As pretty as the picture on the cover is, I kind of think that a collage of different Disney pictures should have been used- the whole DVD isn't about "Sleeping Beauty"- it could be misleading.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:59 am 
Offline
Ultraviolet Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:12 am
Posts: 1391
Location: Alea jacta est
Well it seems that the link I linked above kind of keeps switching too so here are the two variations. I assume the one on the link above would be the official one..

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 50
Do you know this edition coming 25/04?
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004654586/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:40 am 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:19 pm
Posts: 53
Location: Mystic Manor
Thanks we did know about that.

We've got a forum to chat about it in
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=18483

it sounds cool but i don't have a Blu-Ray player :(

But theres a normal DVD one so thats cool!

_________________
" And All The Powers Of Hell! "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:40 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 50
GeorgeCauldron wrote:
Thanks we did know about that.

We've got a forum to chat about it in
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=18483

it sounds cool but i don't have a Blu-Ray player :(

But theres a normal DVD one so thats cool!

Sorry! :oops:
I searched it but I couldn't find it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:49 am 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 50
I've just received the DVD from HMV.CO.JP in 3 days via EMS.
This is a beautiful digipack, cover same as shown at the first page (white one). The slipcover reminds the little mermaid one.
A great DVD to have for every fan with japanese and english soundtrack and subtitles.
I'm a french fan and the commentary is well done because he speaks in a very good and enough slow english to let the people understand. And you can follow the DVD with the subtitles. Brilliant! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:37 am 
Offline
Super Genius

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 7:21 am
Posts: 524
So, what exactly does the DVD contain?
I'm still seriously considering buying it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:21 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:04 pm
Posts: 19
bump.

can anyone provide more details about what's on the dvd or blu-ray?

thanks

_________________
Greg
www.pixartalk.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:03 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
depooter wrote:
bump.

can anyone provide more details about what's on the dvd or blu-ray?

thanks


Stills or slides with Disney animation art and backgrounds!!!! It is beautiful!!!! I have it!!!

_________________
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 32
anyone have a review of this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
winniedu77 wrote:
I've just received the DVD from HMV.CO.JP in 3 days via EMS.
This is a beautiful digipack, cover same as shown at the first page (white one). The slipcover reminds the little mermaid one.
A great DVD to have for every fan with japanese and english soundtrack and subtitles.
I'm a french fan and the commentary is well done because he speaks in a very good and enough slow english to let the people understand. And you can follow the DVD with the subtitles. Brilliant! :D


What does this Blu-ray/DVD contain? Sleeping Beauty-related stuff? Or something from other movies as well? I am planning to buy the Blu-ray anyway as long as it can play on my European PlayStation 3...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9085
Location: America
It features art from lots of other films as well, but Sleeping Beauty is considered Disney's most detailed, artistic, beautiful films. Also, this is a Japanese DVD, and apparently a lot of Sleeping Beauty artwork was found in a Japanese university. Walt Disney hand-picked the artwork in 1960, and sent them to Japan as part of a touring exhibition to promote the Nipponese (Japanese) release of Sleeping Beauty. Who knows why the kept it for so long, but now they're returning it to Disney.

There's a trailer for the DVD:
http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/produc ... sp?cid=761

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:34 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm
Posts: 635
Location: The West Wing, UK
I really must own this! It looks fab!! I wonder if it covers any of the later movies like the Little mermaid or BATB.

_________________
<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n71/fandy27390/thevoicebanner-1.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Don't Call It a Comeback, I've Been Here For Years...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 801
Location: Miami, FL
Image

I just got this today and its awesome.

_________________
Image

MY DVDs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group