Annie Leibovitz photographs celebs in Disney fashion

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

monica bellucci is a natural beauty but she's a big too big for poca..biel is perfect...bellucci has too much volume. :)
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Why not just get Jodi Benson to do Ariel :P

Personally I'd like to see Zhang Ziyi and Jet Li as Mulan and Shang or perhaps Michelle Yeoh instead.....

I love the pictures that have been done so far even if I don't care for Marc......or don't really know a couple others that have been used, they still look really really good :)
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote: Personally I'd like to see Zhang Ziyi as Mulan
Perfect choice !
She should make an Ad for Hong Kong Disneyland.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

recreated original poster....

biel biel biel!

i want halle barrey as kida and eva longoria as esmeralda
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

While I think the first set was the strongest (the one with Cinderella, Alice, and Phillip), I like this third set better than the second (the one with Snow White, Arthur, and Fairies).

I wish the two Aladdin ones were combined and am going to try to do this myself via Photoshop. Like others have said, it'd be nice if their costumes reflected the actual film's more, but it still looks great. Whoopi's expression is great. The Peter Pan one is my favorite of this set; I love the sort of whimsy this one has, It actually reminds me more of the 2003 live-action Peter Pan than the Disney one, though the Darlin nursery may be the most accurate set we've seen thus far for this series.

The Pocahontas one is disappointing to me and might just be my least favorite of the series. I think Jessica Biel's actually a decent choice, but the layout of the pic itself is rather bland. I think a sunrise/sunset sky would've been more reminiscent of the film. I also think a shot of her standing on the cliff by the waterfall would've been more visually interesting.

I have a feeling this is the end of this series, but if it isn't, I really hope Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Pinocchio are next. If Annie tackles those next, she'll have done all of the most popular Disney fiilms (with a human cast).
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I'd like to see Anne tackle The Lion King. A real life Lion .......
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

How about the dogs from"Lady and the Tramp"?
jwa1107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jwa1107 »

BelleGirl wrote:How about the dogs from"Lady and the Tramp"?
only if she can get two celebrities to eat/slurp spaghetti behind Tony's...
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

jwa1107 wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:How about the dogs from"Lady and the Tramp"?
only if she can get two celebrities to eat/slurp spaghetti behind Tony's...
How about Britney Spears as Lady and Kevin Federline as Tramp ! :D
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

this is so cool, Annie Leibovitz is quite the creative mind, can't wait for the next set,

my wish:

Real animals portraying Baloo, Shere Khan with a live action Mowgli

7 old guys portraying the dwarfs (tall)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Annie Leibovitz' Disney Photos

Post by Disney Duster »

You know Mason, those are very good ideas. Especially because your idea for the Jungle Book makes it able for them to do an "animal movie" because they have Mowgli. Maybe they can even do his village girlfriend. It would be very cool to see animals posed in characteristic poses.

Did you make your signature by the way? I just noticed it's clever and very well done, and looks good.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

I don't watch the Office, but I saw her picture in this week's People Magazine, page 129 and I thought she would do an amazing Ariel. Her name is Jenna Fischer, you can see some of the pictures I saw in the magazine here. If she were cast as Ariel, I would be so happy.
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Post by jeremy88 »

Everyones probably going to "Nay" the heck out of me.

but I would love Angelina Jolie as Ariel and Brad Pitt as Eric....maybe like a Part of Your World reprise scene or something...besides its not like the celebrity has to look exactly like the character anways. :D:D:D:D
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

I can't think of anyone else to be Aurora other than Keira, I could easily imagine her sleeping with her pouty lips waiting for her prince !
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Jack Skellington, I really want her cast as Aurora, I can see it too! :D

jeremy88, umm... I don't think so. It just doesn't match, IMO. :( Sorry.

I just had a terrible nightmare the other day. What if Miley Cyrus was cast as Ariel, and Billy Ray were cast as Triton?! She does sing, they do have some issues on the show, and if I remember correctly, she did do a version of Part of Your World on a DisneyMania CD... Please, Annie! Don't do it! :(
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Post by jeremy88 »

I actually wouldn't mind Miley Cyrus as Ariel...she kinda looks like her....but NO to Billy Ray as Triton...

Selena Gomez looks a lot like Melody...dun dun dun.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I can't believe I missed these! I saw the original three last year and only found out about the rest yesterday!

I love the Cinderella picture, so iconic and the perfect pose for the character.

Prince Phillip is great. I never would have pictured David Beckham as a Prince but it really works, he looks the part.

Alice is probably my least favorite of the first three as she looks the least like the character (and that actually goes for all three not just Beyonce).

Snow White is fantastic, very iconic and well posed (like Cinderella, those are probably my favorite two out of the whole set)

King Arthur I like the image but disagree with the actor choice. I thought the whole point was that Arthur was this scrawny boy who could claim the sword when the big powerful knights could not, I think the point is to show the King the boy would become, but I would have prefered a boy pulling the sword and the man stood behind with the sword raised showing the King he would become.

I really like the fairy image, Julie Andrews looks fantastic. I would have prefered them to keep the pictures to one film, but the image is beautiful anyway.

Aladdin and Jasmine I'll be honest and say that at first I really didn't like it. I'm a huge Aladdin fan and I just felt they were too old and they should have used people in their late teens/early twenties. However, looking at them as an older Aladdin and Jasmine I think the image really works and I've grown to like it.

I really like the Genie image. I wish I could see what it looks like combined with the Aladdin and Jasmine picture.

Pocahontas is a very nice image, but the pose looks too static for running. The actress looks good in the role, but as others have said the classic image of her standing on the cliff would have worked better, or at least some motion blurring to make it look like she was really running.

Peter Pan I'm sorry but I just don't like it. I get the whole "young at heart" message, but it just looks wrong. If they had used children the image would probably have been as classic and iconic as Cinderella and Snow White, but it just looks wrong to me.

I'm hoping we get a few more sets of these - Ariel (would love them to use Sierra Boggess but that probably won't happen), Beauty and the Beast, etc. If the Year of a Million Dreams lasts long enough I'd love a villains set for Halloween!
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New Photo, I don't know if it's been officially released or not, but I came across it during my daily blog surfing

It stars Julianne Moore as Ariel and Michael Phelps as the main Merman.

It's not my favorite of the photos, but it's better than all of the previous wave.

Can't wait till this batch is officially released. I'm looking forward to seeing what other films she took on this time.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I'm iffy. I hope a bigger version comes out soon. Also, they did the Atlantican palace right, so that's good.

I'm hoping more pictures will accompany this one.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I think it's stunning and certainly better than some of the previous ones (such as Pocahontas and Sword in the Stone). I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in high-resolution and what two other films she's attaching to this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Beauty and the Beast and Pinocchio (even if she already kinda-sorta tackled it with the Fairies one).