Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 am 
Suspended

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:
In fact, I think you made some good points and agree with some. I just don't like my threads get turned into heated arguements.

Fair enough. I also don't think anyone here has a problem with overweight people, I just want everyone to know that society is unforgiving enough of them as a sort of tangible, unseen force without supporting it by jumping to all sorts of absurd conclusions just because people on the whole are still not eating healthier. It's a lot of damn hard work, it's unpleasent, and no one wants to be doing it. And thin people are still far lazier than fat people, especially when they pick on fat people not knowing that they only get away with it because they're found more attractive in public. I still count my blessings everyday that I grew out of my fat and everytime I find I've gained a few pounds more than I'd like, I bust my ass to lose them because I don't ever want to go back to the way I was treated in 5th and 6th grade! People can be real bastards, so it's never a bad thing to be more thoughtful - which I'm sure most people here realize. It's just I was shocked to see it was like no one here knew any overweight people...

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:10 pm 
Special Edition

The article has been posted that Disney is ending its relationship with McDonald's, however Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean will still have toys in Happy Meals this summer. Here is the schedule.:

From HappyMeal.com

<b>Schedule for Disney Happy Meal Toys:</b>

Quote:
<b>Cars June 9, 2006 - July 6, 2006</b>
McDonald’s Happy Meals and Mighty Kids Meals are revving-up their engines and racing toward the checkered flag with Cars, the highly anticipated animated adventure from Disney and Pixar, in theatres June 9. This high-speed Happy Meal collection features new design technology with eight highly detailed cars that capture the personality of the film’s colorful characters.

<b>Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean (Theme Park): July 7, 2006 - August 3, 2006</b>
Shiver me timbers! McDonald’s is sailing the seven seas with a Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean attraction themed Happy Meal event that’s sure to be ‘treasured.’ From telescopes to treasure chests, this adventurous collection features eight action-filled toys for perfect pirate make-believe – and no need to walk the plank. To celebrate this adventurous Happy Meal event, McDonald's is launching its Search for the Golden Treasure Happy Meal Game, offering 25 lucky mates the chance to win a trip for four to experience new pirates and more adventure on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida or Disneyland® Resort in California. Complete details and official contest rules are available inside participating McDonald’s restaurants.

Last edited by DisneyPrincess on Sun May 28, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyPrincess wrote:
I didn't see it posted anywhere and I searched!

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... =mcdonalds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:08 pm 
Platinum Edition

Subway is not going to be happy about this.

Disney toys return to McDonald's Happy Meals
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mcdo ... SKCN1GB32V

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

McDonald’s food is still complete garbage. Disney needs to be shamed into exiting this deal.

Here in the Netherlands there are new laws that prohibit companies of fast food to market to children. I hope this applies to McDonald’s as well. And considering how the obesity epidemic in the US rages on they’d be wise to implement similar laws.

I’m genuinely disturbed. This is so regressive!! Wake up Disney!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Subway is not going to be happy about this.

Disney toys return to McDonald's Happy Meals
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mcdo ... SKCN1GB32V

Screw them! :P

Pardon my juvenile comment, I couldn't resist. But of course I mean it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

According to the press release, the deal is non-exclusive which means Subway may keep their Disney-branded tote bags after all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I loved the McDonalds toys Disney used to make. I'm glad they're back even if I have little interest in most of Disney's new movies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I loved the McDonalds toys Disney used to make. I'm glad they're back.

Me too. It's mostly due to my childhood nostalgia towards them, but the McDonalds campaign was almost something that was synonymous with Disney and therefore has been missing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

PatrickvD wrote:
McDonald’s food is still complete garbage. Disney needs to be shamed into exiting this deal.

Here in the Netherlands there are new laws that prohibit companies of fast food to market to children. I hope this applies to McDonald’s as well. And considering how the obesity epidemic in the US rages on they’d be wise to implement similar laws.

I’m genuinely disturbed. This is so regressive!! Wake up Disney!

I really don't see the issue about marketing to kids. Ultimately its up to the parents to say no to their kids. Not to mention McDonalds has done a lot over the past decade or two to offer healthier options. I hear they are even getting rid of the cheese burger? (which sounds ridiculous to me)

I'm all for healthier options, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, its a fast food restaurant, the onus is not on them to keep America (or anywhere else) from being fat.

Not that I even have much stake in this, I can't remember the last time I've eaten at a McDonalds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I hope they don't focus too much on the new movies the way that Disney Infinity was only about the latest properties. What I liked about McDonalds' past deal with Disney was that they promoted the new films, but also regularly went back to the old ones as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm 
Platinum Edition

Coca-Cola, Disney Strike ‘Star Wars’ Partnership
https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/coca- ... 203188847/

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:16 pm 
Special Edition

I wonder if The Lion king and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil will have Mcdonalds Promotional tie ins.