UltimateDisney.com's Reviews - Feedback, 2/05 - 1/06

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Great Bambi II review, Luke! I still may rent this just to give it an entire playback judgement, but I heartily agree with your assessment that it's an extremely unnecessary "sequel" to the original - and that's putting it lightly. :roll: Still, as we've seen from the half-dozen or so threads on the forum, the die-hard Bambi nuts will not be swayed. :P

Btw... nice background color selection and Groundhog Day reference cap! :thumb:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

It seems as though Flower and Thumper have a new peverted obsession of sniffing the rear ends of deers.

Sorry, I couldn't help but typing that. I know, I have a creepy little mind. :twisted:

And thanks for the review, as well, Luke. :wink:
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Paka wrote: Still, as we've seen from the half-dozen or so threads on the forum, the die-hard Bambi nuts will not be swayed. :P
That's right... :twisted: ;)

And coming from the mouth of a die-hard Bambi fan... that review was awesome!!! You did a really good job Luke, like you always do. I liked the pics that you used and I found it to be most informative. Most informative indeed!!!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Funny observation, Joe. :lol:

Great Dark Water review, Aaron! As much as I love horror/suspence movies, I don't think I've seen more than two since 2000. The only ones I remember seeing recently are I Know What You Did Last Summer and The Grudge. So, having never seen The Ring, I could enjoy this without being blinded by the similarities. Suspense keeps me more entertained than actual fear, so that's another part of your review that makes me consider checking this DVD out. Giving the theatrical cut of the movie a fullscreen only release and the unrated version a widescreen release seems like a scary decision (scarier than the actual movie, from the sound of it.). I enjoyed the review and if I ever find myself at a store (which I highly doubt with the homework I'm getting nowadays), I might give this movie a try. :)

My hopes were so, so high, but I guess Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest (I refuse to call it Bambi II) isn't as good as I had predicted it would be. But after reading your review, Luke, I still want to give this movie a try. I guess I don't want to accept the fact that it's only so-so. If I can get to a DVD store within 70 days (if my homework allows it), I suppose I'll pick this up. I've built up so much curiosity for this midquel since the day I heard Andreas Deja would be working on it, and I'm not about to let all that curiosity go to waste by not watching it. The fact that it has a DTS track surprised me, as well as the fact that two of the original movie's songs are in it. Even if the movie itself is bad, you've got to give Disney some credit for dishing out some incredibly blind-buy-a-licious coverart for this baby. That completely beats the crap outta the Platinum Edition artwork. I don't judge a DVD by its cover, but c'mon, that thing deserves as much praise as it can get!

And a holographic slipcover?! Classy. Disney's really bustin' it all out for this DTV! :wink:

Great batch of reviews, guys! :thumb:
- John
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks much, Pasta! Sounds like Dark Water might be an even better-suited fit for you! And I think you've coined the term of the year with "blind-buy-a-licious."

Great Bambi II review, Luke. Sadly, it seems that this project is every bit as <i>2</i> as I feared. Glad to see that you looked for the things that any Disney fan is going to want to know about a sequel like this and came to some very reasonable conclusions. The 70 day deal tempts me, but I think I'll not give in, as I'm not sure I'll enjoy it or watch it more than once.

-Aaron
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Great Bambi 2 Review Luke!!!!
Great Dark Water Review Aaron!!!!

Hey Paka where's the Lost: Season One review? :P
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Great job on the new reviews, Aaron and Luke. :up: :)
- Jonathan
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Hey Paka where's the Lost: Season One review? :P
After delays due to college, work, psycho PUs, a demanding Massah, and 5000+ miles of travel for research purposes in exotical tropical islands, Lindsay finally (gasp!) has the <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/lost-season1.html">LOST: The Complete First Season</a> review up today!

*goes to read
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Great job on the review, Lindsay. :D
- Jonathan
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Great review indeed!

Hey Luke, didn't you get your copy of Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken yet? It must've gotten lost or something. :?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Lucylover1986 wrote:Hey Luke, didn't you get your copy of Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken yet? It must've gotten lost or something. :?
Nope. Disney's PR department hadn't gotten any in last I heard. I'll check again tomorrow.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

<i>Wild Hearts</i> is apparently finally on its way.

In the meantime, the latest reviews by Aaron and I have been uploaded sans the thread-bumping posts. Until now.

Dead Poets Society: Special Edition
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/deadpoetssociety.html

Goof Troop: Volume 1
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/gooftroop-volume1.html
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president