Captain EO

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
streetsofgold

Captain EO

Post by streetsofgold »

Remember this? Luckily I got it on DVD (saw it at disneyland paris many years ago). Awesome little film. I wish it was a whole movie, or infact, maybe not. It seems prefect as it is.

I love all the then flashy special effects. Looks tons better graphically then "moonwalker".

The making of is good too. Though a little short.

What u make of it? I love it. And the main song "we are here to change the world" is cool too.

Such a weird film. Iam so glad Michael has something as cool as this in his CV.
"if u do just as ur told, these are streets of gold"

Better recognise sucker
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Didn't think much of this when I saw it at Disneyland, and will probably pass on it. Besides Michael's love of little boys doesn't do much for me either.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I saw this show but I don't remember it since I was like 4 years old when I saw it. But from what I hear it's a bit outdated(mainly because of Micheal Jackson! :P ). It might be fun to see it released on DVD and see if it's good but I don't think it should come back to Disneyland or Disney World!
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

I remember it being horrible and being tremendously pleased with how much better Honey I shrunk the Audience was
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Did Captain EO play at Disneyland Paris too? I remember watching this at Epcot when I was four years old. I only recall the creepy alien tin-man villain and Michael Jackson dancing with a bunch of people. I don't remember much of the actual movie. I was too fascinated with the 3D glasses I was given and how the movie was blurry w/o them and then clear and 3D when you put them on.

The same goes with that 3D movie Magic Journeys where Philharmagic is now in the Magic Kingdom. I remember watching 3D falling children. I forget whether or not that was scary. In a home movie of that trip in which we are discussing our favorites of the Magic Kingdom, my dad says, "I like that Magic Journey," and we (Jane Mccoy, Escapay, me) all shout "NO!"
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Tom in North Carolina
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:I saw this show but I don't remember it since I was like 4 years old when I saw it.
Good thing you weren't sitting next to Michael when you saw it back then.

Tom
danamichelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by danamichelle »

I feel like Captain EO was one of Disney's weakest 3-D movies (it was o.k. for the time, but not for now). It in no way compares to Mickey's Philharmagic and It's Tough to be a Bug. However, the Honey I Strunk the Audience movie at Epcot is not that great. Captain EO was fun for me when I was younger but I am so glad Disney has come so far with there new 3-D movies.

The Muppets at MGM is also a really good 3-D movie.
<a href=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... ichelle>My DVD List at DVD Aficionado</a>
<a href=http://www.myspace.com/57703794>MySpace</a>

Lilo: I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!
Stitch: AARG! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

I liked it when I was younger, but they were right to take it out of Disneyland. It was kind of outdated to be in Tomorrowland. I still wish America Sings was back in the Innoventions building, though. Outdated or not, that was good stuff.

Captain EO's all right. I just watched it yesterday, in fact. The ending's a little rushed. I'm not even sure what the point of it is. "We came to sing and dance for you and turn your little metal dungeon into Rome. Now that we've done that - so long!" A strange plot, but the dancing's cool. The whole show was better in 3D than it was on my TV.
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

captain eo

Post by JEANYLASER »

8) captain eo was in epcot and i love the songs and dancing but i want this movie in dvd when will the day of this movie.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

stlewis75 wrote:I liked it when I was younger, but they were right to take it out of Disneyland. It was kind of outdated to be in Tomorrowland. I still wish America Sings was back in the Innoventions building, though. Outdated or not, that was good stuff.

Captain EO's all right. I just watched it yesterday, in fact. The ending's a little rushed. I'm not even sure what the point of it is. "We came to sing and dance for you and turn your little metal dungeon into Rome. Now that we've done that - so long!" A strange plot, but the dancing's cool. The whole show was better in 3D than it was on my TV.
1. I agree that Disney did the right thing to take that show out of Disneyland, but know they have that ancient HISTA which is a good show, but gets pointless after multiple viewings.

2. I don't want AS to come back to Tomorrowland because of one little fact, "WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES SINGING ANIMALS HAVE TO DO WITH TOMORROW?" IF it was going to come back at all I suggest replacing the Winnie the Pooh ride(aka Country Bears) at Critter Country.

3. How did you watch Captain EO?
Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:I saw this show but I don't remember it since I was like 4 years old when I saw it.
Good thing you weren't sitting next to Michael when you saw it back then.
:?
stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

I have a video that I digitized - it's on my computer. I think I put it on a DVD too, but I haven't seen that disc for a couple of years.

I agree that America Sings was in a strange land, but I loved it. At least I still get to see the characters Marc Davis designed for the show... though the line to see them in Critter Country is much longer than it ever was when they lived in Tomorrowland.
creamdog

EO on DVD?

Post by creamdog »

You mean you have an actuall DVD release of this? After reading all these negative comments I am a bit ashames to say I loved this! And still do actually. I have a crappy mpeg on my HD, wich I watch occasionaly but, man do I wish to have an official DVD. If you ever want to sell... you know where to find me. :wink:
Visit my DogHouse:
www.creamdog.net
cobra

Post by cobra »

michael jackson is making a childrens movie so he can play with the little boys who watch it
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Well if Disney would to sell this DVD along with 3-D glasses I would buy it because it was a great movie. I still remember watching it at age 7 so it's a lost memory to me. No I'm not supporting Micheal Jackson. :roll:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
DisneyNewbie

Post by DisneyNewbie »

Dang you'd think Disney fans would be more understanding towards michael jackson and not make fun of a person like michael jackson. Becuase I feel if you like disney movies then you have a lil of MJ's personality in you. And all those MJ jokes are more outdated than the movie.

I agree with the story not making too much sense.
DisneyNewbie

Post by DisneyNewbie »

Also I have a VHS of captain eo in pretty good quality from my cousin, I think he copied it from tv because its not camera or bootleg. Must be from disney channel or somthing. Can make VHS or (S) VCD copies if yall want it for maybe a trade or sale.
streetsofgold

Re: EO on DVD?

Post by streetsofgold »

creamdog wrote:You mean you have an actuall DVD release of this? After reading all these negative comments I am a bit ashames to say I loved this! And still do actually. I have a crappy mpeg on my HD, wich I watch occasionaly but, man do I wish to have an official DVD. If you ever want to sell... you know where to find me. :wink:
Its a bootleg.

U get

widescreen version (which cuts out the end credits?)
fullscreen (all there, looks great)
making of
another part of me mjusic video.

If u look on ebay, most of the copies will be the exact same as mine. The source is very good.

Its sad that disney took the captain eo rides down. They did it because of jacko's 1993 child abuse allegations. Yet infact, the rides were more popular then ever (funny what bad publicity can do), so disney were silly to pull it.

Its very much out of this world literally. Its crazy. It really brings out the kid in me. Even if u didn't see it as a small kid at a disneyland, it should still put a smile on ur face.

Its like a dream u have as a kid. U have a short space battle. Then save a world by dancing with star wars return of the jedi reject muppits as ur band/crew members.

Its very odd. Mike looks great too.
"if u do just as ur told, these are streets of gold"

Better recognise sucker
Tolhurst
Limited Issue

Post by Tolhurst »

I remember a long time ago (at least 10-14 years) MTV showed Captain EO as part of some Michael Jackson tribute day. As far as I know, that is the only time they have ever shown Captain EO outside the theme parks.
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

A flash of Captain EO is actually my very first memory. I saw it at EPCOT when I was either two or I had just turned three and I remember being scared to death. I don't remember seeing it in it's "full glory".

Of course I was scared of everything back then... including Peter Pan's Flight in the Magic Kingdom :lol:
feedmelinguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by feedmelinguini »

I'm still of the opinion that a future Treasure wave should include the 3D films (and be packed with a couple pairs of 3D glasses). They could include all the ones from the parks, as well as Melody and that Donald short.

-Lon