Pinocchio (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:And live-action Hercules films have never been a big success and even with the Disney brand, I can't see it making anywhere near what the top Disney hits have made. Tarzan has been neglected by Disney for years now and the public has seen so many Tarzan adaptations that even the Disney adaptation probably won't be making gangbusters.
Hercules and Tarzan live-action films may not have been hits for other studios but it's different for Disney. A generation didn't grow up with those films like they did with Disney's versions. They have an emotional response to them. I think Hercules' recent success on stage is proof of that. I truly believe that both films would be hits if Disney retained the characters and the music people loved in the originals.
That's true about The Jungle Book but it's important to remember that it was The Lion King or Frozen of its time and is still the highest grossing film ever in some European countries like Germany (and at least one other country I can't remember). Not to mention, a huge portion of its box office came from India and I think the film was already announced to have a sequel before it even debuted in the US because of how well it did in India. I'm assuming Mulan will get a similar push from China.

Tarzan might still be on a level as The Jungle Book in terms of being an iconic Disney film with hit songs but I don't think Hercules is quite there.

Hercules has had a limited run on stage so I wouldn't really qualify it as a huge success until we see how it fares against Frozen, Aladdin, and The Lion King if it ever comes to Broadway for real. And while a generation grew up with Hercules and Tarzan, Disney has also ensured that every generation since then won't even be aware of them.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

An official statement earlier this year has now confirmed this project is dead att Disney.

It came from the cinematographer i seem to remmber.

So there are curtelly no plans for a live action Pinochio what so ever at TheWalt Disney Comapny !
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

DisneyFan97 wrote:An official statement earlier this year has now confirmed this project is dead att Disney.

It came from the cinematographer i seem to remmber.

So there are curtelly no plans for a live action Pinochio what so ever at TheWalt Disney Comapny !
We're already getting two other Pinocchio movies, anyway.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Probably better off. They would ruin the animated original. A part of me thinks they should go ahead and cancel Snow White as well although they'll never do so because it's their biggest property left after The Little Mermaid.
ImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyFan97 wrote:An official statement earlier this year has now confirmed this project is dead at Disney. It came from the cinematographer I seem to remember. So there are currently no plans for a live action Pinocchio whatsoever at The Walt Disney Company!
That's old news. The project has since been revived with Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Sotiris wrote:
DisneyFan97 wrote:An official statement earlier this year has now confirmed this project is dead at Disney. It came from the cinematographer I seem to remember. So there are currently no plans for a live action Pinocchio whatsoever at The Walt Disney Company!
That's old news. The project has since been revived with Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct.
Oh ! , Sorry i thought i was cancelled After Robert Zemeckis was in talks.

Also funny how Ron Howard is making Warners Brothers live Action Pinocchio and Robert Zemeckis might make Disney’s version.

Because for some reason i always get Howard and Zemeckis mixed up in my head accidentally

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Do you think the character of Pinocchio will be motion-captured or key-framed? I'm ruling out stop-motion or puppetry because these remakes don't have enough taste or sense to do that.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:Do you think the character of Pinocchio will be motion-captured or key-framed? I'm ruling out stop-motion or puppetry because these remakes don't have enough taste or sense to do that.
I wish they would go that route. Probably will end up being like the enchanted objects in the live-action BATB. All CGI although in this case, with motion-capture.
ImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I really looking forward too see who will play Honest John, Gibson The Blue Fairy and the coachman. I think geppetto could be Christopher Lloyd since this being made by Zemeckis. :)

Altough Loyd is far from my frist choice. :(

I want either Rober De niro or John Lithgow in the role modt !
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Is Tom Hanks still attached to play Geppetto? It's been a while since his participation was announced, but I can see Hanks sticking around seeing as how he and Zemeckis have worked together three times before.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

He dropped out a while ago. I was very interested in the Paul King film featuring Tom Hanks. This new version without either of them, less so.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I was still eagrky aawatning Robert Downy Jr's movie version of Pinnichio actually finally being made !! :roll: :roll: ! .It was written by my favorite screenwriter Jane Goldman :) rotfl altough since thsn a couple rewrittes has haappand sadly :( .

Do you rhink Dweny will ever really make it ?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyFan97 wrote:I was still eagrky aawatning Robert Downy Jr's movie version of Pinnichio actually finally being made !! :roll: :roll: ! .It was written by my favorite screenwriter Jane Goldman :) rotfl altough since thsn a couple rewrittes has haappand sadly :( .

Do you rhink Dweny will ever really make it ?
Maybe if Dolittle is a hit, Disney will consider making a children's film with him but I've heard the film is flopping hard and being compared to Cats.
ImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Will this movie actually happen :?

I really How so, seeing all These visuals and creatures in Live Action would be AMAZING :D :D :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tom Hanks is in talks again to play Geppetto in the remake. It looks like this time it will stick.
After earning an Oscar nomination for playing Mister Rogers in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Tom Hanks is zeroing in on another children’s favorite. We are hearing that he is in early negotiations to play Geppetto in Disney and Robert Zemeckis’ live-action retelling of Pinocchio. Although insiders say negotiations are very early, we hear that after reading the script, Hanks has reached out to Zemeckis to let him know he wants to do the film. Disney has always longed for Hanks to play the woodcarver, having approached him years ago when Paul King was attached to direct. That deal was never made, but given Hanks and Zemeckis’ long-standing relationship going back to when they both won Oscars for their work on Forrest Gump, this seems more likely to move forward. Zemeckis will direct the film with Andrew Miano and Chris Weitz producing through their company Depth of Field, with Weitz and Zemeckis penning the script.
Source: https://deadline.com/2020/08/tom-hanks- ... 202998669/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Perfect :up:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's very good news. He was always a perfect cast, imo. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, he actually chose to pursue the film after reading the script! This looks much more likely now!
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Sotiris wrote:Tom Hanks is in talks again to play Geppetto in the remake. It looks like this time it will stick.
After earning an Oscar nomination for playing Mister Rogers in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Tom Hanks is zeroing in on another children’s favorite. We are hearing that he is in early negotiations to play Geppetto in Disney and Robert Zemeckis’ live-action retelling of Pinocchio. Although insiders say negotiations are very early, we hear that after reading the script, Hanks has reached out to Zemeckis to let him know he wants to do the film. Disney has always longed for Hanks to play the woodcarver, having approached him years ago when Paul King was attached to direct. That deal was never made, but given Hanks and Zemeckis’ long-standing relationship going back to when they both won Oscars for their work on Forrest Gump, this seems more likely to move forward. Zemeckis will direct the film with Andrew Miano and Chris Weitz producing through their company Depth of Field, with Weitz and Zemeckis penning the script.
Source: https://deadline.com/2020/08/tom-hanks- ... 202998669/
I am so happy now !!

Makes up for him turning down that Dumbo role :D