Star Wars: The Clone Wars

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Can someone clue me in on the upcoming Clone Wars story arcs that was mentioned? I mean, we now know the show is done (from what I remebered the show was intended to have 5 seasons and more that 100 episodes), but the upcoming CW arcs and that clip; is that to be for something direct-to-DVD wise or what? Can someone help?
I think that this may have been double-speak for "Clone Wars is cancelled on Cartoon Network... but is coming to Disney XD!"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Maerj wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Can someone clue me in on the upcoming Clone Wars story arcs that was mentioned? I mean, we now know the show is done (from what I remebered the show was intended to have 5 seasons and more that 100 episodes), but the upcoming CW arcs and that clip; is that to be for something direct-to-DVD wise or what? Can someone help?
I think that this may have been double-speak for "Clone Wars is cancelled on Cartoon Network... but is coming to Disney XD!"
Yeah that is a good theory. Perhaps now the re-runs will air on Disney XD. Although I'm still upset they canceled Tron Uprising
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Maerj wrote: I think that this may have been double-speak for "Clone Wars is cancelled on Cartoon Network... but is coming to Disney XD!"
Yeah that is a good theory. Perhaps now the re-runs will air on Disney XD. Although I'm still upset they canceled Tron Uprising
I agree! Clone Wars and Tron Uprising were two of the most visually amazing animated shows on television.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I can't believe that there are some people who haven't watched Clone Wars on Cartoon Network from the very beginning. I find the edits CW makes very disturbing. The shows are 27 minutes long and if you watch the ones on CW they have lopped off about 2 and 1/2 minutes of each one.

With the cliffhanger they left us with on this season, I hope they at least bring it back for a closing season to tie up all the loose ends. Stripping Asulka of her Jedi powers and banishing her was epic, but that's how they left it, and I hope they can at least bring back 13 episodes to close the story correctly. She had been framed for a murder that she didn't commit and Annakin was trying to get the council to see the error of their ways.

Maybe they have canceled the show after this next season.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:I can't believe that there are some people who haven't watched Clone Wars on Cartoon Network from the very beginning. I find the edits CW makes very disturbing. The shows are 27 minutes long and if you watch the ones on CW they have lopped off about 2 and 1/2 minutes of each one.

With the cliffhanger they left us with on this season, I hope they at least bring it back for a closing season to tie up all the loose ends. Stripping Asulka of her Jedi powers and banishing her was epic, but that's how they left it, and I hope they can at least bring back 13 episodes to close the story correctly. She had been framed for a murder that she didn't commit and Annakin was trying to get the council to see the error of their ways.

Maybe they have canceled the show after this next season.
This show is surprisingly entertaining. When I first watched it, I wasn't expecting the show to be this darn good and enjoyable. My favorite episodes have to be the inclusion of Darth Maul. He was one of the only things that made The Phantom Menace tolerable and enjoying, until his "death". I'm thinking and hoping they will tie up some lose ends and not end the entire show on a cliffhanger. One of my pet peeves is when a show is ended on a Cliffhanger and it ends up being canceled. That really infuriates me. Such as how Tron Uprising ended.

I'm interested in how the next Star Wars Animated Series will turn out. I'm going to miss Clone Wars though. This one is superior to the anime version in every way possible

Yeah the way it e

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Lucasfilm Cancels The Clone Wars

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Does anyone know if we'll be seeing Season 5 on DVD?

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Probably by October through Warner Bros.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Final Episodes To Be Released In 2014
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/12/st ... d-in-2014/
While everyone is expecting big news out of the Star Wars: Rebels panel at 2013 New York Comic Con today and rumors are flying that Disney will soon release some actual Star Wars Episode VII news, this morning brought some other unexpected Star Wars news.

One of the few downsides of the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm was the cancellation of the animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series, which had been airing on the Cartoon Network. At the time of the cancellation announcement, it was revealed that the remaining produced episodes would be released as bonus episodes, but no further details were provided. Now, thanks to Star Wars: The Clone Wars director Dave Filoni, we finally know when we can expect those final episodes.

On his Facebook page earlier today, Filoni wrote, “Star Wars fans – I have some exciting news! We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it’s good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda’s most challenging missions. So, get ready. We’ve got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends.”

HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Oh man sounds awesome to get the final season
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS Finale Releasing - in Comics!
http://www.newsarama.com/19979-star-war ... omics.html

It does gives some sneaks of what this comic will have in it, but I'm not sure if I would consider it a spoiler exactly but rather some juicy details to wet your appetite for the comic. However If you don't want to know anything about the plot, don't read it. The Article doesn't state a release date, however I'll be keeping an eye for it to pop up on Amazon for a Pre-Order

Thoix

Post by Thoix »

Boo. Why not just let the team finish a series finale season for TCW? They could have wrapped everything up and perhaps tie in some stuff to Rebels. Disney has certainly not handled Star Wars very well up to this point.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Thoix wrote:Boo. Why not just let the team finish a series finale season for TCW? They could have wrapped everything up and perhaps tie in some stuff to Rebels. Disney has certainly not handled Star Wars very well up to this point.
You want to see the conclusion to the Clone Wars? Just watch the beginning of Episode III! :wink:
Thoix

Post by Thoix »

Barbossa wrote:
Thoix wrote:Boo. Why not just let the team finish a series finale season for TCW? They could have wrapped everything up and perhaps tie in some stuff to Rebels. Disney has certainly not handled Star Wars very well up to this point.
You want to see the conclusion to the Clone Wars? Just watch the beginning of Episode III! :wink:
No, I want to watch the conclusion of all the story arcs left open be finished in TCW or at least have some sort of closure to them.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Barbossa wrote: You want to see the conclusion to the Clone Wars? Just watch the beginning of Episode III! :wink:
Actually, see chapters 22-25 of the original micro series THEN Episode III. ;)
Thoix

Post by Thoix »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
Barbossa wrote: You want to see the conclusion to the Clone Wars? Just watch the beginning of Episode III! :wink:
Actually, see chapters 22-25 of the original micro series THEN Episode III. ;)
This is...acceptable, for now.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well, at least the story is concluding somehow, but this severely limits the audience and frankly, I was hoping they'd air something on CN for it, if not a direct to DVD release.

I guess since the show was cancelled over 9 months ago(animation production time), they may never have started on the final stories.
Thoix

Post by Thoix »

ajmrowland wrote:Well, at least the story is concluding somehow, but this severely limits the audience and frankly, I was hoping they'd air something on CN for it, if not a direct to DVD release.

I guess since the show was cancelled over 9 months ago(animation production time), they may never have started on the final stories.
Ueah, I waa hoping for at leasr a special on television or a direct to DVD movie so to speak, but the comic thingnis still throwing me off. At least they are working on a new series with the same team. I hope to see some Clone Wars characters transfer to that or show up every once in awhile.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

So does this mean that the final episodes of The Clone Wars aren't airing?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Final Season, "The Lost Missions," to Hit Netflix on March 7
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-the- ... rch-7.html

Also the ENTIRE Star Wars Clone Wars series as well as the Pilot Movie will be available to watch on Netflix as well

Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I am predicting that Disney will buy Netflix. With Comcast buying Time Warner, I think that Disney will be looking to aquire some sort of video distribution service.