Trying to Compile a List of International Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Carlo
Limited Issue

Post by Carlo »

Luke, thanks for the information. :)
Carlo
Limited Issue

Post by Carlo »

Flight Of The Navigator is going to be released in R2/UK sometime in September:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 35-9487608

http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp? ... tle=122992
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Carlo wrote:Flight Of The Navigator is going to be released in R2/UK sometime in September:
Ooh! Cool...
I'll wait until I see the specs before I order though.
Another one of the 'loved it as a kid' films.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Winnie The Pooh:Seasons Of Giving has popped up on some pre-order lists:
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=661237

But wasn't Seasons of Giving in Very Merry Pooh Year? This is already available in the UK
see http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=656682

Am I getting confused?

Ps.

Winter Wonderland has also popped up with no information... but I suspect this may be a disney disc too
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=661240
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

I like the conept to "Countdown To Christmas". They should release a region 1 disc with similair themed shorts, even though I own most through other dvds...

Also, any ideas if North America will be getting a similair collection of Winnie The Pooh series sets?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

STASHONE wrote:Also, any ideas if North America will be getting a similair collection of Winnie The Pooh series sets?
I dunno Stashone, but Europe and Australia seem to be getting piles of pooh. Watch where you tread if you ever come over to visit :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

2099net wrote:But wasn't Seasons of Giving in Very Merry Pooh Year? This is already available in the UK
see http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=656682

Am I getting confused?
I don't think Seasons of Giving was in Very Merry Pooh Year, at least not in its entirety, since both features run about the same time, around 70 minutes or so I think.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

2099net wrote:
STASHONE wrote:Also, any ideas if North America will be getting a similair collection of Winnie The Pooh series sets?
I dunno Stashone, but Europe and Australia seem to be getting piles of pooh. Watch where you tread if you ever come over to visit :D
hahaha I will...

:D
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

The Barcode on Winter Wonderland (reported here) does lead to be suspect it will be a Disney animated shorts compilation (the opening numbers - 5 017188 88 - are the Beuna Vista Company Id)

What can I say? I was bored. Perhaps it's time to make a new avatar? :lol:
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Winter Wonderland

Post by Anders M Olsson »

Here's a tentative list of the contents of Winter Wonderland. It might not be 100% accurate, since the information is based on a Swedish web-merchant's site, and I've tried to interpret it to the best of my ability. Corrections would be appreciated.

- As Long as there's Christmas (from Beauty and the Beast - The Enchanted Christmas)
- Christmas Medley (????)
- Once Upon a Wintertime (from Melody Time)
- Bambi on ice (from Bambi)
- Wart pulls the sword from the stone (from The Sword in the Stone)
- The Cold Blooded Penguin (from The Three Caballeros)

Extras:
- The Grasshopper and the Ants (1934, a Silly Symphony)
- Lend a Paw (1941, Pluto)
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Here's two to add to your fullscreen/widescreen list Luke, The Journey of Natty Gann has just been passed by the BBFC in widescreen, as has Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. Expect the UK releases in the next 2-4 months.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

2099net wrote:Here's two to add to your fullscreen/widescreen list Luke, The Journey of Natty Gann has just been passed by the BBFC in widescreen, as has Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. Expect the UK releases in the next 2-4 months.
Sweet! Journey in 2.35:1 widescreen! Sure it'll look worlds better than the US disc. And it gives me hope for a 16x9 Cheetah DVD.

Thanks for the awesome news!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

WRT Homeward Bound, it's a re-release? Because it's already on DVD in the UK and Australia in P & S.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Must be then. Perhaps it will have some supplements this time.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

I was just checking out the Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification site (<a href="http://www.oflc.gov.au">OFLC</a>), and I noticed that SIX VOLUMES of Fables had been certified by the 4th August. None of these have been released here, nor do they have release dates yet (although I assume they will come out soon!), but <a href="http://www.oflc.gov.au/content.html?n=4 ... ord=187982"> Fables Volume 5 </a> and <a href="http://www.oflc.gov.au/content.html?n=4 ... 83">Fables Volume 6</a> seemed to be most interesting (as they have not come out anywhere else yet).

The first 4 volumes are identical to other regions, but Volume 5 is to contain:
- Ferdinand the Bull
- Lambert the Sheepish Lion
- Three Little Pigs
- Three Blind Mousketeers
- Funny Little Bunnies
Rated G, 39 minutes

Volume 6:
- The Reluctant Dragon
- Mickey and the Beanstalk
Rated G, Runtime: 48 minutes

So it seems that Australia is unlikely to get the Treasures (as the Everybody Loves stuff is approved too). Very poor substitute, with no release dates as yet.

It should be pointed out soe of these shorts are on other DVDs here and the US/UK:
Three Blind Mousketeers is on our Rescuers DVD; and I think Beanstalk is too (it is on the Sword and the Stone in the US too I think). Reluctant Dragon is obviously on the US Treasures....

On a related note, Melody Time and Saludos Amigos have been given approval, so if the UK is a guide, they might be unedited here too.
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anders M Olsson »

Loomis wrote: On a related note, Melody Time and Saludos Amigos have been given approval, so if the UK is a guide, they might be unedited here too.
Unfortunately, Saludos Amigos is not unedited in the UK. The Goofy smoke scene has been edited and the cigarette painted out, just as in the US version.
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Anders M Olsson wrote:
Loomis wrote: On a related note, Melody Time and Saludos Amigos have been given approval, so if the UK is a guide, they might be unedited here too.
Unfortunately, Saludos Amigos is not unedited in the UK. The Goofy smoke scene has been edited and the cigarette painted out, just as in the US version.
Oh yeah, but the recent Melody Time was unedited. Given that our copy has been approved only recently - and if I'm correct the UK copy was released August last year - I'm hoping against hope this will be unedited.
At the very least, I'll be able to buy it cheaper...
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Yet another Pooh-related disc has been approved by the OFLC, this time it is:

THE MAGICAL WORLD OF WINNIE THE POOH: VOLUME 5 - FRIENDS FOREVER - GOOD-BYE MR. POOH/ WHERE, OH WHERE HAS MY PIGLET GONE?/ FISH OUT OF WATER/ POOH SKIES/ DISNEY'S SONGBOOK - HEFFALUMPS AND WOOZLES

At this point the OFLC just says VHS, but I suspect this will be announced on DVD next Monday or within the next month or so.

It would make sense, given that we are getting Volumes 3 & 4 (but not 2!) in September, and the Halloween special in October.
Kayleigh02

Post by Kayleigh02 »

Luke -
Just an FYI - the link associated with the Peter Pan French edition on the international page goes to a non working Amazon.uk page. This link should work: http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... tguidet-21

And by the way - you guys are killing me! I never really thought about getting the different versions of the same DVD until recently, and now these international DVDs with different artwork and French subtitles - Aye Carumba! And, also much to my dismay, I discovered the other night while buying a Mulan Limited Issue on Ebay, that most of the old titles are out on Laserdisc. Now I just need a Laserdics player & a region free DVD player...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks, Kayleigh. I fixed it. :)