Tinker Bell's Future Franchise- now this is really scary

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Tinker Bell's Future Franchise- now this is really scary

Post by toonaspie »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ST0080.DTL

To sum up this article: Disney is creating a fairy franchise (think bigger than Disney Princesses) starring Tinker Bell and some original fairy characters (could be a Winx Club copyoff)

But what's more shocking (aside from a possible TV series and movie series) are some changes being done to Tinkerbell herself. Talking? Well, if you like the idea then this is a dream come true for you.
Last edited by toonaspie on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

*groan*
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I have been saying for years, that the Disney fairies (i.e. Tink, the Blue Fairy, and the Fantasia fairies) would do well with a bit more promotion, but this is not right. I protest. Tinker Bell ... Talk? Why? What? Where? When? LAME! I'm angry.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

That's putrid. Tink being a pure pantamime character is what gives her most of her charm. Big thumbs down to Disney. :down:

I predict this "Disney Faries" line won't be nearly as sucessful as the Princess one.
Last edited by Jack on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Who would be the voice? Julia Roberts? Hilary Duff? Lohan? Would Dee-na approve???

:P
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

What's so bad about the Blue Fairy and the Fairy Godmother? They'd go nice together with Tinkerbell. Well, maybe...

:roll:
StevEnrique
Limited Issue

Post by StevEnrique »

"Featuring Anna Nicole Smith as the voice of Tink!"
The Monkey's Uncle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Monkey's Uncle »

just when you thought it couldnt get any worse.....
JaneMccoy
Gold Classic Collection
Location: the original jersey trilogy that resides in the land of philadelphia immigrants

Post by JaneMccoy »

Nooo!!!!!

What are they thinking??

How are they going to explain her sudden ability to speak?
Were Captain Hook and Ursula in cahoots and Ursula keep her voice trapped in a shell and Captain Hook was supposed to take Ariel to Neverland's Mermaid Lagoon, but accidentally took a look-alike? I guess we'll never know until we hear the story from Tinkerbelle herself.

I hope the "makeover" doesn't mean a "Bratz" type makeover, like what Mattel did with their Barbie dolls. If that does happen...oh the horror.
MagiChar

Post by MagiChar »

Why don't they just make new characters instead of changing old ones?
"Moumantai."
Marielle
Limited Issue

Post by Marielle »

Oh wow, that's just too much. Tinkerbelle talking? What in the heck is that?
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

:o :o :o :jawdrop: :shock: !!! Oh, no, no, no, no, no...not my baby!!! :cry: Oh no! TELL ME THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! SOMEBODY GIVE ME A TISSUE! I'M...ABOUT... TO... BURST!!!! SMACK ME IN THE FACE! WAKE ME UP!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

If Tinkerbell can talk, then she was a real b**** in Peter Pan.

:roll:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
herman_the_german
Gold Classic Collection

This merits a name change,

Post by herman_the_german »

if she starts talking and stops tinkling then she should be rechristened Talkiebelle.
...two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong...

My DVD Toon Collection
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I wonder what the Great Ormand Street Hospital thinks about this, and I also wonder what will happen if GOSH does win the current legal action regarding Peter Pan if Disney go ahead before the decision.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

There is nothing wrong with this. What's the problem. Really guys, Disney us up to make money and entertain. There is no dogma or religion involved here. Movies + Characters + New Plots = Money. Thats the way it is.
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Gee, and reyquila's all for it. What a surprise. :roll:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

I'm new here and chose to write my first reply here because Tink is someone close to my heart! :) Sure, it'll bring in money, but the fun of Tinkerbell is imagining the kind of character she is 1. because she can't talk, it makes it fun to create an idea of who the sassy fairy is. she's a Disney classic and if they make a Tink movie and show it'll be like when disney made the sequels to Cinderella and the little mermaid, it leaves you without the magic of imagination.
Phoebe: Oh my God! Something just brushed up against my right leg! Oh, it's okay! It was just my left leg!

"Welcome to the Caribbean luv"

"Why is the rum gone?"

"Life's a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!"
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Paka wrote:Gee, and reyquila's all for it. What a surprise. :roll:
Of course !! Your suggestion of sacrilege is laughable. There is no Holy Grail here. As with any company, Disney is going to exploit any possible source of money. If you dont want it, dont buy it.
Last edited by reyquila on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

But still, the integrity of a character is being changed here. Tinkerbelle has always been known as the pixie who:

1. Speaks through chime-like noise withouth moving her mouth
2. The fairy in the opening for Wonderful World of Disney (all its incarnations)
3. The pixie who flies over Disneyland/WDW's Magic Kingdom at the end of the day
4. Commonly misconceived as having Marilyn Monroe be the inspiration for how she looks

And now, to suddenly have her start TALKING? God, it was bad enough they did it to Tom and Jerry in Tom and Jerry: The Movie. What's next? Will they really make a Bambi sequel (not the midquel in the works now) where Bambi's mom had a flesh wound and was taken away to some petting zoo for 20 odd years? Will Cinderella 3 involve the redemption of Drizella a la C2's redemption of Anastasia? Will they decide to completely tear down the medium-sized castle at Disneyland and build something taller and grander? Will they decide "Hey, since the Classics are proven hits, and CGI is the new thing, let's remake all our classics in CGI, starting with Snow White!"? NO. There are things that just don't need change, and voiceless Tinkerbelle is one of them.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?