Mufasa: The Lion King (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Mufasa: The Lion King (Live-Action)

Post by MoonMarc21 »

I mean, I can see it, but kitten's still a kitten. :P
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
2. Good Night Mare by LOZAREENA (Song)
3. Disventure Camp (Web Series)
4. SHEESH by BABYMONSTER (Song)
5. The Way of the Househusband (Anime)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Why does it look like they just copy pasted young Simba from the remake on a generic background?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Farerb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 am Why does it look like they just copy pasted young Simba from the remake on a generic background?
I don’t necessarily see it that way, cuz I can clearly see the difference between young Simba and young Mufasa, having seen the 2019 movie and this picture.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

I did not expect Lin-Manuel Miranda to be doing the songs for this movie.

Guess Barry Jenkins wasn’t lying when he said he didn’t want to reveal who was doing the songs for this movie yet because he was too special to reveal there at CinemaCon.

Guess we now know why he isn’t doing the songs for Moana 2.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It'll be ironic if Moana 2 wins Best Song at the Academy Awards. I doubt either will win though.

So do we expect Zazu to have a rap? Zazubutt? Timon and Pumbaa?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:53 am It'll be ironic if Moana 2 wins Best Song at the Academy Awards. I doubt either will win though.

So do we expect Zazu to have a rap? Zazubutt? Timon and Pumbaa?
Come on, dude. There won’t be any rap songs in this movie. There weren’t any in the original Moana, there wasn’t even one in Encanto. I doubt there will be one in this movie, too.

Also, that depends on if any song becomes a breakout hit from either movie.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

After having turned off The Lion King remake 10 minutes into viewing it and having never seen it in full or no desire to see it at any point in the future, this trailer leaves me... cold. The fact that the intensely overused Lin Manuel Miranda is doing the songs does not help... I seriously don't understand the need Disney has to expand on every single story they ever told JUST because it's a valuable IP, other than cashing in. The world does not need a Mufasa origin story...and lions in the snow... okay...
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

robster16 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 am After having turned off The Lion King remake 10 minutes into viewing it and having never seen it in full or no desire to see it at any point in the future, this trailer leaves me... cold. The fact that the intensely overused Lin Manuel Miranda is doing the songs does not help... I seriously don't understand the need Disney has to expand on every single story they ever told JUST because it's a valuable IP, other than cashing in. The world does not need a Mufasa origin story...and lions in the snow... okay...
Africa does have a snowy area, you know.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Sorry for the double post, but I found a new interview Barry Jenkins did with Empire Magazine, where he revealed some more new details about Mufasa: The Lion King: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/fea ... ongs-more/.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Great, another IP infected by LMM. Ruining The Little Mermaid wasn't enough for him, apparently. :roll: I had some interest in this, but after this boring trailer and the songwriter change, it's a hard pass for me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I would have much rather seen Lin do the music for Moana 2, but I generally like him, and I suppose this movie could use all the help it can get.

Some of the snapshots of the trailer were interesting, but this whole movie still feels like Disney is just doing someone a favor.

Anyways, Beyonce is in this movie too? Are we somehow going to get Nala in this film?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Huh why are they saying Mufasa wasn't born with noble blood? Didn't he say something about his father being a king too in the movie?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Lele wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm Huh why are they saying Mufasa wasn't born with noble blood? Didn't he say something about his father being a king too in the movie?
Maybe he was adopted into their ways.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I read a description that the framing device of the movie is Rafiki in the present relating the story of Mufasa’s youth to a young Kiara through flashbacks. So I am guessing that’s how Beyoncé and the rest of the cast from the first film will reappear here. And Blue Ivy I guess will play Kiara.

Re: Mufasa’s nobility… I also read he is an orphan, so it’s only a hop, skip, and a jump from there to assume he might be a long lost heir. Maybe not.

What can I say, I don’t have issues with this one. I would have loved for Elton John to return, but Lin Manuel Miranda is a great songwriter and I’m excited to hear what he brings to TLK. I’m excited to see a new story told here. The photo realistic animation is still an issue, but I don’t think there’s any fixing that.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 am
robster16 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 am After having turned off The Lion King remake 10 minutes into viewing it and having never seen it in full or no desire to see it at any point in the future, this trailer leaves me... cold. The fact that the intensely overused Lin Manuel Miranda is doing the songs does not help... I seriously don't understand the need Disney has to expand on every single story they ever told JUST because it's a valuable IP, other than cashing in. The world does not need a Mufasa origin story...and lions in the snow... okay...
Africa does have a snowy area, you know.
Indeed, they even featured it on the lion guard :-) speaking of which, I wonder if there will be any connections to that there; we did see a young version of Fuli’s Parents during I just can’t wait to be King in the first one, so…… :-)
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:37 pm I read a description that the framing device of the movie is Rafiki in the present relating the story of Mufasa’s youth to a young Kiara through flashbacks. So I am guessing that’s how Beyoncé and the rest of the cast from the first film will reappear here.
I guess that makes sense.

Can't decide whether them ratifying the canonization of Kiara is validating or pandering.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

PatchofBlue wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 am Can't decide whether them ratifying the canonization of Kiara is validating or pandering.
Personally, I think it’s pretty charming. They’re even using Scar’s name of “Taka” which goes back to a 1994 tie-in children’s book. It may not amount to anything, but I think it’s a good sign that the filmmakers have dug so deep into TLK fan canon.

Only just realized this film is structured like The Godfather: Part II Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again of the TLK franchise. I hope we get a Cher cameo.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 am
PatchofBlue wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 am Can't decide whether them ratifying the canonization of Kiara is validating or pandering.
Personally, I think it’s pretty charming. They’re even using Scar’s name of “Taka” which goes back to a 1994 tie-in children’s book. It may not amount to anything, but I think it’s a good sign that the filmmakers have dug so deep into TLK fan canon.

Only just realized this film is structured like The Godfather: Part II Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again of the TLK franchise. I hope we get a Cher cameo.
"Snnnnnnnnnaaap out of it Mufasa!" rotfl