Treasure Planet Appreciation Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DestiVu

Re: Treasure Planet Appreciation Thread

Post by DestiVu »

So great to see an appreciation thread for Treasure Planet available. I love quite a lot of Disney films like The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, and plenty of others. But ultimately my most favorite of all Disney films would have to be Treasure Planet, hands down. My thoughts mirror a lot of others in this thread about the great aspects of the film, like the story and the animation. Like many others I think the film didn't quite get the recognition it deserved.

On that topic in particular though, I remember there being an interview with Ron Clements and John Musker a couple years ago where they spoke about the film's reception back then. I specifically remember the mentioning how the film got a much better reception in France. Does anyone have any ideas about why this would've been the case? I just find that concept very interesting considering the lackluster response in the US.

Side note: On the topic of Jim's Theme in other languages, I think my favorite would be the Swedish version :)
"They weren't exactly singing my praises when I left home. But I'm gonna change all that." - Jim Hawkins Treasure Planet