Bambi (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Bambi (Live-Action)

Post by carolinakid »

My favorite Bambi song is I Bring You A Song. I love the animation that accompanies it.

I was thinking.... do you think there’s anything in Bambi that’s needs “correcting” for modern sensibilities?
In other words, will this Bambi be free of “wokeness”?

I suppose either Flower or Thumper could now be female .... or even gay now.
Or Faline will probably save Bambi now from either Ronno, or the hunting dogs or the fire.
I’m NOT being totally fatuous , either. Nothing that Disney and their sensitivity committees decide now would actually surprise me...
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

carolinakid wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:11 amMy favorite Bambi song is I Bring You A Song. I love the animation that accompanies it.
That's my favorite too. Honestly, I don't believe they are keeping any of the songs from the original. The remake being billed as a Kacey Musgraves musical tells me they don't plan on including any of the pre-existing songs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Good Lord, who the hell would pay to see a "live action" Bambi??? Which I assume will be all CGI anyway.

And CarolinaKid.... um... a skunk named Flower, with long, curved eyelashes. Are we sure that wasn't a lesbian couple in the original??? HAHAHAHA.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I DO know more than one person who was surprised to learn Flower was actually male after he reached adulthood in the spring!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I know they'll fudge this up but I'll probably still want to see it because the original Disney Bambi is a favorite of mine. A lot because of the original songs, though. :(
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Bambi is one of my favorite Disney films and easily in my top 5 and my favorite of the big 5. I love everything about it, the animation, the art design, the music, the songs - it's like poetry (it's also Walt's favorite movie). I love it that much that I even refused to ever watch the cheap DTV and only read dreadful things about it (terrible pop songs and "A Young Prince does not say woo-hoo!" Seriously?!).

I have no doubt that this will be as dull and uninvolving as The Lion King where none of the characters show any emotion. Worse - it's going to be more modernized with awful modern humor to appeal to kids these days because let's face it they don't love to do this anymore:

Regarding Kacey Musgrave - the only thing I know about her is that she sang All is Found in Frozen II and she did it beautifully. I just don't see the point in making Bambi a "Broadway" musical. There aren't many songs in the original and their main purpose was to set a mood, none of the characters burst into songs and did showstopping musical numbers, so I don't really see the point. I'm pretty much certain this is going to be another abomination like Pinocchio so I probably won't bother with it to be honest.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So true, Farerb!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Let’s Sing A Gay Little Spring Song.
Is that anyone’s favorite?
I love it, especially when the birds start singing it again after Friend Owl 🦉 yells at them.
You can’t stop singing when you’re in love! 😍
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

"I Bring You a Song" is also my favorite song from Bambi.

You know, Farerb, Bambi II is actually pretty good. I don't feel like watching it much beyond the great visuals, but I think it's worth one watch for a Bambi fan.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

carolinakid wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:52 am Let’s Sing A Gay Little Spring Song.
That's also one that gets stuck in my head sometimes, but the whole soundtrack is great, including the score. That said, trying to look for a silver lining--potentially Kacey Musgraves could deliver something as gorgeous as Alison Krauss' "There Is Life" at least. I still would prefer the original songs were kept (or at least most of them) and I also feel it's dumb for them not to be in a remake of a popular film with KNOWN songs, but I won't deny I'd still enjoy the former for its own sake, too, separate from the fact that the remake is being unfaithful.

Sort of the same way I liked the mother's lullaby in Peter Pan & Wendy (but only when the mother's actress was singing it, not when Wendy herself was singing it later in the movie) even if that film is still stupid for not including "The Second Star to the Right," "Your Mother & Mine," and "You Can Fly!" All the other original songs were terrible.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

She said they're going to update it in a way todays kids can relate to it more and that the original had a "different tempo". Not exactly encouraging statements. Should we be expecting something like this? :P

Live-Action ‘Bambi’ Remake Screenwriter Explains Why This Version Will Be More Kid-Friendly
https://collider.com/bambi-live-action- ... -comments/
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

While I have no desire to see it, she does “seem” at least to have some respect for the original, unlike that Zegler creature and her contempt for Snow White.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Bambi is trending on Twitter because people are upset Disney is going to modernize the story and make it more kid-friendly.

VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

Hopefully, with these news about the live-action version of Bambi, it means that the animated movie will get a 4K release as well? :D
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

The point of Bambi is to get kids acquainted with the concept of death. Let’s not water the story down.

Would be funny if they make it faithful to the book and just make it about nazis. Imagine the fragile pearl clutching masses.

Will never happen though.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Let me guess, Bambi's mom doesn't die, they only get separated, and they'll reunite at the end of the movie?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This lady isn't even working on Bambi anymore; while I don't doubt that what she said is accurate, and I bet Disney doesn't have the guts to do something maybe more "intense" with handling Bambi's mom, the script could change...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

TheWrap has exclusively learned that Sarah Polley is no longer directing a new version of “Bambi.” It’s unclear if the project will move forward now that Bailey is gone.
Source: https://www.thewrap.com/sean-bailey-disney-legacy/