Rank the Princesses Films Soundtracks

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Flit

Re: Rank the Princesses Films Soundtracks

Post by Flit »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:40 am Also welcome to the world of DVDizzy, Flit! :wave: interesting ranking!
Thank you! Happy to be here. :)
"Very stubborn." -Pocahontas
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I decided to make a subjective list since I've only ever ranked this trying to be "objective." I admit I'm more of a songs person, so great songs/poor score trump meh songs/great score for me.

1. The Little Mermaid ~ Carroll, Benson, and Wright are all so phenomenal, Benson's voice is just gorgeous and one-of-a-kind. POYW and PUS are just straight up masterpieces; for me, those three are better than anything in B&TB, although I can sort of concede that looking at all the songs combined, B&TB is more even across the board.
2. Beauty and the Beast ~ Not a weak song in this. The only one that comes to giving me as much personal attachment as POYW and PUS though is Lansbury's B&tB.
3. Frozen ~ I remember going into this film expecting to at least like the soundtrack because of Menzel. Menzel was great, but I was shocked how much I loved Bell's voice, too, the combination of them on FtFTiF is my favorite part of the film, although LIG is incredible, too. Fontana's voice is great also, and Groff/Gad are both solid.
4. Mulan ~ I always had a strong attachment to this film's soundtrack even if it feels fairly short (almost like there should've been one more song near the end or something?). "Honor to Us All" and "Reflection" are two of the best Disney songs, imo, and "Mulan's Decision" is the highlight of the film.
5. Pocahontas ~ Kuhn's voice is incredible much like Menzel's, both strong belters. "Just Around the Riverbend" is my favorite song, most of the other songs with Kuhn are eargasms as well, mixed bag of songs. I personally always liked Ratcliffe's songs even if I find Ratcliffe unsatisfying as a villain. Or, rather, the actor does a great job as a villain, just maybe should've been in a less serious film than this one was.
6. Frozen II
7. Aladdin ~ Love Kane's voice as much as Benson's. I wonder what those two would've sounded like on a duet.
8. Encanto
9. The Princess and the Frog
10. Cinderella
11. Enchanted
12. Wish
13. Tangled
14. Raya and the Last Dragon ~ The score at the very end got me and I do like the End Credits song even if it's imperfect.
15. Moana
16. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ~ I do like SW's songs, they are very hummable. "I'm Wishing/One Song" is the only song from this film that I love though.
17. Disenchanted
18. Sleeping Beauty ~ The score is incredible, but I never really liked any of the songs, unfortunately.
19. Ralph Breaks the Internet

Thinking about it now as I'm looking at my list, I'm not really surprised with the ones at the bottom since Moana, SW, Aurora, and Vanellope are the characters whose voices I liked the least of the princesses (Rapunzel being another one, although Moore impressed me in the TV series, so my opinion has turned around a little bit on her), so, being a more songs-focused person like I am, it's probably not really a surprise I listen to their films' soundtracks less than the others. I do like some songs from those films though. SB is harder--the songs I enjoy with that property are actually from the Legacy Collection release (the deleted song, "Riddle, Diddle," and the "Love Theme"). The choral songs at the opening are fairly nice, too. I wasn't crazy about Mirabel's singing voice either; I guess that explains why most of my favorites from the film don't feature her much.

@Duster: So you've played Hogwarts Legacy, neat! :) I hope you got some fun out of it. I thought it was surprisingly good, but I like collecting-type games (the same reason I enjoy making lists, I guess! :lol: ).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disneynerd, oh, you know, yes, you are right about "Be Our Guest" turning Bell around! I do not really hear the melody being like "Belle" in Derek's song, myself, though.

Flit, so nice to hear Cinderella's soundtrack get such love! It is actually not as good to me as other princess ones, but it is charming to me.

Divinity, I like the game a lot, but actually I wish I was doing more story stuff than collecting, haha! So we just feel different on the way we like games, even though maybe you also like story aspects, which is the aspect I like most.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Whoops, I forgot to say Disneynerd, you are right about "Gaston", too. It does lead to how the villagers all follow him in the climax.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:13 am Whoops, I forgot to say Disneynerd, you are right about "Gaston", too. It does lead to how the villagers all follow him in the climax.
Thanks Duster! :) and yeah I gotta admit i sneaked in "12 dancing princesses"
because I love it too much :P
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You're welcome, and interesting you love that movie so much! I don't know if I will ever see the movie, but the dancing in the scene you linked is nice.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:37 pm You're welcome, and interesting you love that movie so much! I don't know if I will ever see the movie, but the dancing in the scene you linked is nice.
Thank you Duster! :D And yeah I love every Barbie movie from 2001's "Nutcracker" to 2009's "3 Musketeers" (except the Fairytopia movies). (After 2011 the Barbie movies start to lose their charm) :oops:
12 dancing princesses is really good! Clearly not as groundbreaking and character driven as the Disney Renaissance, but those Barbie movies are still great classics. I would compare the storybeats and character similarities with their grace to the WDAS 50s movies. Also 12 dancing princesses is a really faithful adaptation of the grim fairytale and the music (Especially the opening song) is great and iconic! And the villain is threatening too. :thumb: Maybe childhood nostalgia plays a big role here. But I think you might really like this one, Duster! :thumb:
The whole movie is on Youtube in case you want to check it out: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUO ... vp2OF_9ATi
And here is the full original grimm tale: https://fairytalez.com/the-shoes-that-w ... to-pieces/
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I read the tale, and boy are those Grimms grim! Beheading the princes just because they couldn't figure out what was going on with the princesses! And I didn't get the ending. The handsome princes that danced with them, were cursed to live a day each night they had spent with one of the 12 princesses? How is living longer a curse, if you are healthy?

I watched the Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses...it was ok. Not awful, but not like a Disney classic, to me. However, the dancing and music were great! I never thought I'd get culture from a Barbie movie! I also liked Rowena's gown and Genevieve's wedding dress.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am I read the tale, and boy are those Grimms grim! Beheading the princes just because they couldn't figure out what was going on with the princesses! And I didn't get the ending. The handsome princes that danced with them, were cursed to live a day each night they had spent with one of the 12 princesses? How is living longer a curse, if you are healthy?
yeah Killing off previous 2 suitors for a failed quest until the humble 3rd one gets it right is a popular trope in countless grimm Tales, so im glad Barbie reduced it to one and had the love interest and the princess know each other for an amount of time, imo they made the tale work out way better with a proper villain with Motives and making her a real threat. yeah the original grimm ending feels weird, also the prince figure spends so much time with the youngest and ends up with the oldest...(yeah he states because he himself is too old, but then why hooking up with the youngest in the first place? :eyebrow: )
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am I watched the Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses...it was ok. Not awful, but not like a Disney classic, to me. However, the dancing and music were great! I never thought I'd get culture from a Barbie movie! I also liked Rowena's gown and Genevieve's wedding dress.
Glad you could kinda enjoy this one, Duster
Comparing it to the Walt movies was maybe a stretch from me, as the 2d animation (Especially Sleeping Beauty) still holds up today while Barbies CG aged, but i dont really mind. Regarding music and story, compared to the 2010s- now Barbie movies, those are masterpieces tho lol. :P

As you liked the music here, im sure you will like the music from "Princess and the Pauper" even more! It was the first Barbie Musical (the songs Sound extremely Broadwaylyyy) and its considered the Magnum Opus of all Barbie movies (its also my favourite). :wink:
And the opening song "Free" is great!! The lyrics are so clever and the song gives me goosebumps almost all the time.
"Free" song: https://youtu.be/qfJTxhlykvQ?feature=shared actually, all songs are BOPS: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibg ... qLJjqNMSaB
And the full movie: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibg ... N0eJm3Nr7q (i hope thats no problem as its on Youtube :oops: )
And the ending always makes me cry, mostly because of the song "written in your heart" and there are only like 9 movies that can make me cry all the time (ughh Thread idea)
(Sorry for spamming here with my Love for Barbie guys) but maybe its on topic because I love the Princess and Pauper Soundtrack which will belong to Disney when they buy Mattel in 20 years so then Barbie will become a disney princess! Lol :P

And thank you for taking the time to see the Barbie movie, i really appreciate it Dusterโœจ๏ธ! :)
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Okay, I could always give my thoughts :)

Sleeping Beauty (it`s from Tschaikowsky. Do I need to say more? :))
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pocahontas (regardless of the different opinions about Alan Menken`s best music, his soundtrack for Pocahontas is indeed his very best score. Because that score is so incredibly enchanting and mesmerizing).
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Brave
(sorry, but it still counts, despite how it`s a Pixar property).
Tangled
Wish
(yes, let`s count it as a Princess movie, shall we? Cause it follows the same mold)
The Princess and the Frog
Cinderella
Frozen
Moana
Frozen II
Mulan
Raya and the Last Dragon
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I would not say the soldier "hooked up" with the youngest, she just happened to notice him, because she was always the last one in line, and he had to be in the back of the line.

You're welcome for me watching the Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses. But I did not like the song, "Free" and will not be watching The Princese and the Pauper. I can't keep going down this Barbie road when there so many other films I am trying to watch! I am sorry.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hey, Disneynerd, guess what? I watched The Princess and the Pauper! Yup! And...it was good! I would not say great, but almost there! Pretty good! Really must have been the best Barbie movie! The songs actually were all about pretty good, like you said! That song sung to Wolfie is so sweet, about loving someone for who they are, even if they are weird! That's like an anthem for kids and people who are "different", like Disney and fairy tale-loving adults, haha! I was surprised to realize Martin Short was in it. I was like, "That guy has a good singing voice, and he sounds like Martin Short"...and it was him! Really the worst things about the movie was the bad CGI and the costumes! But, it really was the Magnum Opus of Barbie movies! You know, other than the live-action Barbie, haha!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Thats amazing, Duster! :D im really glad you enjoyed this one! :) i also liked Wolfies subplot with him being different!
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:48 pm I was surprised to realize Martin Short was in it. I was like, "That guy has a good singing voice, and he sounds like Martin Short"...and it was him!
Yes! I think imo his voice acting for Preminger was one of my favourites! I agree that tPatP was (wayyyy) better than the "Barbie" movie. The message or intention was good, but the plot concept wasnt really special, felt more like "Enchanted", only that the latter focused on Disney critizism and Barbie on critizism the doll gets
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:40 pm I would not say the soldier "hooked up" with the youngest, she just happened to notice him, because she was always the last one in line, and he had to be in the back of the line.
Yeah thats more like it :oops:
And regarding your previous comment, there was no need to apologize for not planning to watch, Duster! All good. :) I guess i came off as too extreme with my Barbie energy and Promotion here, so im gonna aplogize for that. But still really really happy you liked PatP! :D
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You do not have to apologize for sharing your Barbie fandom and telling us we might like to watch some!

Oh, I must clarify, Barbie's live-action film is the best Barbie movie I have seen. I actually think it is better than the CGI movies. I am sorry. :( But, but, The Princess and the Pauper was still good!