Turning Red

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Turning Red

Post by Farerb »

What odds does it need to overcome? It's a Pixar movie, it has the best chances of winning.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 pm What odds does it need to overcome? It's a Pixar movie, it has the best chances of winning.
Pinocchio from GDT and Puss in Boots 2, even though I feel Pinocchio won't get it due to the Oscars' anti-Netflix mentality.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 pm What odds does it need to overcome? It's a Pixar movie, it has the best chances of winning.
Pinocchio from GDT and Puss in Boots 2, even though I feel Pinocchio won't get it due to the Oscars' anti-Netflix mentality.
Also Marcel the Snail with Shoes On.

Although I don't know if the Academy's bias towards Netflix will affect this category, since the award usually goes to whatever movie is most popular with voter's kids, and more people have Netflix than Disney+. Still, Pinocchio isn't exactly a children's feature either...
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disneyland Resort Casting 4*TOWN and Other โ€˜Turning Redโ€™ Character Look-Alikes
https://wdwnt.com/2023/09/disneyland-re ... ok-alikes/
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Don't care much for the boy band but GIVE ME THE PANDA!
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I just stumbled across the fact that this movie's re-release is coming up this weekend. Didn't learn this from any of the advertising. Was looking up possible showtimes for something else entirely and saw that Turning Red was technically on the menu, even though Pixar has done NOTHING to promote this.

:smack: :smack: :smack:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Iโ€™m hoping it BOMBS ๐Ÿ’ฃ like Soul did last month.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pm Iโ€™m hoping it BOMBS ๐Ÿ’ฃ like Soul did last month.
Jeez, Why would you actually want that? Do you hate the movie that much? Whatโ€™s your problem?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pmIโ€™m hoping it BOMBS ๐Ÿ’ฃ like Soul did last month.
Grow up and move forward, Bowler Hat Guy.
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove personal attack.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I read about these film re-releases and thought about going to see this one and Luca. But I probably won't, theaters are just too far. :lol: I already bought the Blu-ray, which is rare for a PIXAR film.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Another flop!

From the Pirates and Princesses fan blog site...

Turning Red is likely to make less than $550k for the 3 day weekend.
Thatโ€™s less than Soul made last month. Soul was rereleased over a 4 day weekend but Red is in more theaters this weekend.

I wonder if Luca will bomb next month to complete this trifecta of Pixar rerelease disasters. Things are looking as dismal as Joe Bidenโ€™s and Kamala Harrisโ€™ approval numbers! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

I saw it yesterday. Had the whole theater to myself ๐Ÿ˜† Saw Soul last month and I think there were a few people there, but not many. Iโ€™ll see Luca next month and my daughters want to go (they liked that one but not Soul and Turning Red).

I get that the value proposition for these re-releases isnโ€™t higher when folks can just watch these on D+. But personally, the completist in me is glad for the opportunity to catch these in the theater since they werenโ€™t released in theaters when they first came out.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 am Another flop!

From the Pirates and Princesses fan blog site...

Turning Red is likely to make less than $550k for the 3 day weekend.
Thatโ€™s less than Soul made last month. Soul was rereleased over a 4 day weekend but Red is in more theaters this weekend.

I wonder if Luca will bomb next month to complete this trifecta of Pixar rerelease disasters. Things are looking as dismal as Joe Bidenโ€™s and Kamala Harrisโ€™ approval numbers! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
reddit box office is saying Turning Red is doing slightly better than soul but not by much :o

I thought both were awful so would not watch. Inside Out 2 will save Pixar's bad rep but nothing will save Disney

:lol: your posts are funny and very accurate. only bob iger is more unpopular then joe biden and kamala harris. I do not support frauds like them and the rest of blueMAGA who are ruining the world
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

twihard wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:55 pm only bob iger is more unpopular then joe biden and kamala harris. I do not support frauds like them and the rest of blueMAGA who are ruining the world.
Discussion of politics is not permitted in this subforum unless it's relevant to Disney. If you wish to talk politics in general you can do so in the Off-Topic section.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:38 am
twihard wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:55 pm only bob iger is more unpopular then joe biden and kamala harris. I do not support frauds like them and the rest of blueMAGA who are ruining the world.
Discussion of politics is not permitted in this subforum unless it's relevant to Disney. If you wish to talk politics in general you can do so in the Off-Topic section.
so sorry. I was only responding to the original post :up:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Is this one doing better than Soul? Good for Shi, if so, but I know these re-releases are more symbolic than anything and that whichever makes the tiniest smidgen more than the other doesn't really matter. They can't really repair the damage the pandemic had on them; it's still nice for the people who worked on them, I imagine.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

:|
โ€˜Shrek 2โ€™ re-release earned more money on its opening weekend than โ€˜Turning Red,โ€™ โ€˜Lucaโ€™ and โ€˜Soulโ€™ made in their entire theatrical run.
Source: https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/sta ... 7051088995
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 pm :|
โ€˜Shrek 2โ€™ re-release earned more money on its opening weekend than โ€˜Turning Red,โ€™ โ€˜Lucaโ€™ and โ€˜Soulโ€™ made in their entire theatrical run.
Source: https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/sta ... 7051088995
Well, duh, Shrek 2 wasnโ€™t released on streaming and was celebrating a 20th Anniversary.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:49 pm Well, duh, Shrek 2 wasnโ€™t released on streaming and was celebrating a 20th Anniversary.
Its on Netflix. And it was obvious that it will be more successful, as the movie is so iconic and still beloved today :up: . Bingewatched the franshise last month and would have still totally loved to see it in theatres if it wasnt an just an US exclusive rerelease. :huh:
Also instead of doing a stupid cringe remake of Mean Girls, they should have just rereleased the original for its 20th anniversary too. The new one wasnt fetch at all! :roll:

But still weird they havent done something for the 20th anniversary of the first Shrek
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: