Question about Disney Platinums...

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Question about Disney Platinums...

Post by Disney Duster »

It really is worth it. The new restoration looks like it is close to how it originally was, especially the 16mm. The new 4K from Disney Movie Club has a blu-ray and DVD with the new transfer on them, but August 1st we are getting a wide release of the 4K in a Best Buy steelbook and then October 17th a normal wide release of the blu-ray as well.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Sorry, I think I am speaking for DisneyDuster here: he means the COLORS are close to the 16mm print, not the overall quality!
And I agree with him that this release is ABSOLUTELY worth getting! Moreso than any other!

And Duster: thanks for the specific release dates!! I didn't know! Great!!!
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Thank you for letting me know it's only a DMC exclusive so far and when it's coming out... guess I'll really need to start getting Disney imports now :lol:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, yes, that's what I meant, Marce82!

I hope you can get it, rodrigo_ca!
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

ok threads like these are really interesting to me cuz I didnt realize half of the Disney DVDs i own apparently didnt have the right picture. That so many were messed up. They all looked fine to me but I guess I didnt know what I was looking for.

I used to proudly own all the Platinums (still do) and shelf them together cuz it felt they were a premium line of DVDs bette than all the other Disney discs