Finding Nemo 3?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Finding Nemo 3?

Post by Sotiris »

Andrew Stanton on the possibility of another installment.
“I really do feel like this was the missing piece, emotionally, for the first movie,” Stanton tells EW of Finding Nemo 3 possibilities. “Now, I’ve stopped saying never for anything because there are a lot of new characters that get introduced and we’ve broadened the universe for this movie. And again, I’m very used to seeing that world continue to open up from the Toy Story movies… so I’ve learned to just say, to my knowledge, I think everything that was born of the first movie is wrapped up. But we’ll see.”
Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20/fi ... emo-sequel
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Re: Finding Dory

Post by PatrickvD »

As we learned from Toy Story 3 and Frozen; if it makes a billion, there will be another.

And Finding Dory will make a billion.

I let you all do the math.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Finding Nemo 3?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Does anyone else love Finding Dory? I don’t know why I like this film so much. I was never much of a fan of Finding Nemo even. But for some reason whenever FD is airing on TV, I stop and watch. I have a similar thing with Beauty Shop. :lol: I think it’s because of the Hank character. I think he was a great addition and I loved his interactions with Dory. Child Dory is adorable. The sea lions are hilarious, but even then nothing beats Marlin flying—one of the funniest things ever. Dory was the only real draw of the original film for me, in comparison.

Anyway, lately I’ve been developing this strange eagerness for the next sequel in this franchise. It’s so unlike me to want a PIXAR sequel of all things, I don’t know what’s happening. :lol: Of course, I keep thinking that even when the sequel happens, Hank will probably have a minimal role in it and all the focus will be on Nemo and the tank fish from the first movie. All I really want from another sequel is to see more interaction between Hank and Dory really.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

If they make another sequel, they should call it "Finding Marlin" and it should be about Marlin feeling lonely and maybe Dory and Nemo trying to find him a new romantic partner. I think it would be interesting to explore moving on after the loss of a spouse, the mixed feelings of trying to find love again, and the internal struggle of honoring the memories and life you had together while building a future with someone new.
Disney's Divinity

"Finding Marlin" is the only title that I could think of that would make sense, too. I'd like if Nemo, Dory, and Hank--possibly a couple of others--search for him for some reason or other. I like the idea of him getting a love interest. :up:
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I love FD! It's my 2nd favorite Pixar film. I would be fine with a sequel, but I don't know if I'd like it as much. I love FD because of the theme of belonging. But i know a sequel would be heartfelt like the other two...
Disney's Divinity

^ I thought the ending with Marlin following Dory because he was afraid she'd get lost, Dory knowing he would do that because of his anxiety issues, and them sitting at the edge of the reef staring out into the ocean, followed by "Unforgettable" over the credits, was the sweetest ending imaginable. <3 It hit all the right notes.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The whole movie is pretty perfect. I think that Dory and Marlin compliment each other so well.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Right when I got out of the movie theater after watching ‘Finding Dory’ back in June 2016, I thought that ‘Finding Hank’ was the most logical thing to happen next with this franchise (or at least that was what the Pixar artists seemed to intent) mostly because of this character’s backstory who was intentionally left in the shadow and without revealing any specific details when we are introduced to him except that it’s probably unhappy to say the least.
Disney's Divinity

I hope you're right, Clindor. I think they can really explore Hank's character more than they could Marlin, personally.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

No doubt in my mind that the next one will be called Finding Destiny and close out the trilogy
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Skyler Shuler wrote:I have heard multiple times that the studio is considering Incredibles 3 as well as a third Finding Nemo film (a title I heard at one time was Finding Marlin). While I can not confirm the latter two movies will happen, what is certain is that Pixar is finding ways to become one of the top studios in Hollywood once again.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2023/12/07/wh ... n-studios/
Q: Since WDAS and Pixar are back doing sequels, does this mean they’re not doing originals anymore?

Skyler Shuler: No, the plan is too do a mixbag of sequels and originals. You’ll get Elio and Toy Story 5 and then Ducks then likely Incredibles/Finding Nemo 3, etc. Same on Disney Animations side.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2024/05/08/th ... isneyland/
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Tragic that their game plan to become "one of the top studios in Hollywood" might just entail more run-of-the-mill sequels, but I guess that's what you get when all of film intelligencia can't make up their mind about what they actually want :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Sotiris wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:26 am
Skyler Shuler wrote:I have heard multiple times that the studio is considering Incredibles 3 as well as a third Finding Nemo film (a title I heard at one time was Finding Marlin). While I can not confirm the latter two movies will happen, what is certain is that Pixar is finding ways to become one of the top studios in Hollywood once again.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2023/12/07/wh ... n-studios/
I hope this is real. I've always wanted a Finding Nemo 3 and Finding Marlin sounds perfect. Please keep fingers crossed everyone. :up:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Not for me. Never got into the Finding Nemo movies. I find them rather boring.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Jules wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:09 pm Not for me. Never got into the Finding Nemo movies. I find them rather boring.
what age group were you in when it came out? it may have not appealed to you if you weren't a child
Disney's Divinity

Jules wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:09 pm Not for me. Never got into the Finding Nemo movies. I find them rather boring.
I didn't like the first either (and I was a child back when it came out, for the record). I actually liked the sequel more, just because Ellen was the only good thing about the first for me and the sequel puts all the spotlight on her. That and I liked the new character, Hank, better than the old characters.