Wish

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Wish

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, as for my opinion, I`m Star is cute enough. It`s not particularly outstanding, but it`s still better than both This is The Thanks I Get?! and Welcome to Rosas. But just as the former, it sounds like something that`s coming from High School Musical :P As for the animation of that scene, there are parts of it that looks stunningly flat. As for the new banner, I like it.
D82 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:38 am Disney China has announced Liu Yifei, who played Mulan in the live-action remake, will voice Asha in the Chinese dub and has released a new clip from the movie in Chinese.
What a synergy, huh? :)
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

An exclusive clip of Magnifco and Asha https://www.tiktok.com/@imdb/video/7299137029038837038
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The clip in normal aspect ratio:
https://youtu.be/eXWbvFHNXOk?si=7thOfu9Ztvt4qukm
Almofadinhas

Post by Almofadinhas »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:56 am The clip in normal aspect ratio:
https://youtu.be/eXWbvFHNXOk?si=7thOfu9Ztvt4qukm
I'm guessing Disney released this clip specifically as a response to people online saying Magnifico is right for how he handles the wishes but looking at the youtube comments it doesn't seem like it worked completely. I think the scene really establishes well the conflict of ideals between our protagonist and villain.

I really like all the songs we heard so far, with "This is The Thanks I Get" still being my favorite. But the one I'm really curious about and looking forward to is the duet between Asha and Magnifico.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

As it was stated before that most of the scenes of the movie are nods to other disney movie scenes, I cant help but to think that this new scene you guys uploaded now STRONGLY resembles the scene where Rapunzel has this discussion with Gothel and Gothel goes "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS TOWER" from the way the dialogue for both movies are build and the character movements etc are similar
Almofadinhas wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm I'm guessing Disney released this clip specifically as a response to people online saying Magnifico is right for how he handles the wishes but looking at the youtube comments it doesn't seem like it worked completely.
i think it didnt work because technically Magnifico isnt selfish by granting a small amount of Wishes and making people forget theirs. Personally I am unbiased with the idea of forgetting your wish. I think for one thing that Wishes are EXTREMELY Important and make hold on in life and fight for them blah blah but if its a wish that seems too far away or too impossible but if it is still something I really want to come true, with knowing it probably will never come true, then I would prefer to rather forget it Completely instead. Ive been working on my Big dream for half a year lately and its huge and could really change my life and im soooo close but there is always coming something in my way and to think how much time I wasted for it lately makes me angry and sometimes makes me wish i would forget it completely to just move on and wouldnt waste more time.

With this being said, I dont see Magnifico as the BIG BAD how Disney tries to make him to look :shrug: all the other disney villains were PERSONAL threats to our heroes while Magnifico just tries to not drag his kingdom into Chaos...
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

More footage from "I'm a Star" in this video and some more TV spots and promos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrZc4bvNdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajD5VokYbVo
https://twitter.com/DisneyWishMovie/sta ... 7843695857
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GrFwc99eXN8
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RNmtduYGt6s

I don't know if it was meant to be a joke or not, but I found it comical that in the first one they say "100 years of magic has led us here" and then they show the hens dancing. Something more epic would've made more sense, in my opinion, if it wasn't meant to be funny.
DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am Well, as for my opinion, I`m Star is cute enough. It`s not particularly outstanding, but it`s still better than both This is The Thanks I Get?! and Welcome to Rosas. But just as the former, it sounds like something that`s coming from High School Musical :P
That was my first thought as well, that it sounded like something out of High School Musical. I'm personally not a fan of that kind of music, so you can imagine how I feel about the song. I was quite disappointed by it. "I'm a Star" was the song I was most excited to hear. Based on the reactions from the journalists who had seen it, I thought it might be this film's "You're Welcome" or "We Don't Talk About Bruno," but it's actually more like a "Fixer Upper" or a "Shiny" to me. I remember Prince Kido wasn't impressed by it, though. I replied to him that maybe I would like it more, since I tend to like this type of musical numbers, but he was totally right. Both "This Is the Thanks I Get?!" and "Welcome to Rosas" grew on me after listening to them several times, but the same hasn't happened to me with "I'm a Star." In fact, I'd say it's not only my least favorite song from Wish so far, but probably one of my least favorite Disney songs overall. I hope the two songs we haven't heard yet (Asha and Magnifico's duet and the end credit song) are better. "Knowing What We Know Now" sounds nice from the snippets we've heard, but not outstanding.

DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am What a synergy, huh? :)
Yes. I think she's quite famous in China. I guess Disney hopes her casting will help the film at the box office there.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Since the actor strike is over, how long will it take for the cast to start promoting the movie?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

reee9948 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:39 pm Since the actor strike is over, how long will it take for the cast to start promoting the movie?
Maybe they start next week, even though the world premiere was tonight, because this week is all about The Marvels. So, let's hope Disney rushes Ariana DeBose and Chris Pine onto Jimmy Kimmel Live, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers, Live with Kelly and Mark, The View, The Kelly Clarkson Show, The Drew Barrymore Show, The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, and more to talk Wish before its too late starting next week.
megustajake
Gold Classic Collection

Post by megustajake »

Early reactions to tonightโ€™s premiere: https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/news/d ... reactions/
ElMaximo13
Limited Issue

Post by ElMaximo13 »

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:55 pm And I'm not sure if Phil Collins was doing his own thing and isn't interested in working with Disney right now.
Actually, Phil Collins retired due to spinal deterioration, nerve damage and (I think) diabetes.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

DisneyJedi wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:20 am
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:55 pm And I'm not sure if Phil Collins was doing his own thing and isn't interested in working with Disney right now.
Actually, Phil Collins retired due to spinal deterioration, nerve damage and (I think) diabetes.
Oh ok.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Reading the early reactions, it's good to see the vibes seem to be positive so far, though I also can't help but remember that "Haunted Mansion" was touted as being touching and insightful, so the jury's still out.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:43 am Reading the early reactions, it's good to see the vibes seem to be positive so far, though I also can't help but remember that "Haunted Mansion" was touted as being touching and insightful, so the jury's still out.
The Marvels also got positive early reactions. They're useless at this point.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:47 am
PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:43 am Reading the early reactions, it's good to see the vibes seem to be positive so far, though I also can't help but remember that "Haunted Mansion" was touted as being touching and insightful, so the jury's still out.
The Marvels also got positive early reactions. They're useless at this point.
Mmm, I disagree on The Marvels since there are critics like Drew Taylor who didn't like The Marvels but liked Wish.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

A new promo shows little Asha and her father now in finished animation form:

And here's the "I'm a Star" poster:

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyWishMovie/sta ... 7703480724
megustajake
Gold Classic Collection

Post by megustajake »

I wonder if the review embargo will lift before the early screening on the 18th.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

megustajake wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:32 pm I wonder if the review embargo will lift before the early screening on the 18th.
It's most likely going to be lifted between the 15th and 21st.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Magnifco's family potrait. This is shown during the song This is the thanks I get?
Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 10.54.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 10.54.00 PM.png (72.05 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
According to the novelziation, Maginfico's family were killed by Spanish conquistador or something similar to them. I'm not sure I haven't read the novelization, only spoke to someone on twitter who read it and they said this. It's basically similar to how Abuela's husband was killed in Encanto. Then he decided to learn magic to he can never be hurt again.
Last edited by reee9948 on Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Ariana Debose has already started promoting the movie in the Wish panel. https://www.instagram.com/stories/fawnv ... /?next=%2F

I really hope Chris Pine would appear soon, I'm a big fan of him.