Vote for your least favorite princess RESULTS

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Re: Vote for your least favorite princess RESULTS

Post by bruno_wbt »

Congratulations Princess Jasmine!

One of my faves!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I'm glad Jasmine won. She's one of my favorite princesses. Could this mean that Jasmine is more popular than people think? Jay, could you tell us how many people participated in the poll in total and have many votes each character got?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

There were usually between 40 to 60 people who voted. I posted on here as well as the Disney Princess subreddit. The first like 6/7 rounds I posted on a few other Disney related subreddits, Disney+ and a few Disney park ones. But ended up getting blocked off of them haha.

I don't have the total for all the characters but I did notice that Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Tiana and Rapunzel were the characters who went the longest without getting any votes. Mulan, Tiana and Rapunzel didn't start getting votes until around the top 15/14. While Cindy, Ariel, Belle and Jasmine didn't start getting votes until around the top 10.

Which made Ariel's elimination the most shocking to me. She went from getting no votes, to like 3 to 16 and she was out haha. All happened very fast. I initially thought the top 5 would be Ariel, Elsa, Belle, Rapunzel and Cinderella. With Jasmine and Mulan being alternates. I was surprised Mulan didn't at least crack the top 10. And I was pretty surprised by Moana going so early. I thought she was decently popular and would at least make the top 11/12.

Snow White and Aurora had very interesting trajectories. The first 5 or 6 rounds they were both in the bottom 4 for most votes. Then after that they weren't getting as many. Then by top 8 they were in the bottom 3 with the princess who was eliminated. I was surprised to see them both make top 5. Especially since they are pretty much always ranked as the bottom 2 when you see rankings of the princesses online.

I definitely think Jasmine is more popular than people think. She was really the only princess of color to get any recognition until Tiana came along. Pocahontas and Mulan were "official princesses" but never really got any attention until they started added all the newer characters. Plus after the success of the Broadway show and the live action film, it has shown Aladdin is still one of Disney's most beloved and popular films.