Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

Set leaks of Snow White, the Seven Dwarfs and the Robin Hood-esque male love interest courtesy of the Daily Mail.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Snow White's outfit still looks like a Halloween costume, Jonathan's outfit looks tacky, cheap and modern, and the dwarfs look all kinds of ridiculous (why is only one of them actually a dwarf? :scratch:). Not a promising first look. Snow White is currently trending #1 on Twitter because of everyone making fun of these photos. :|
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

This EASILY looks like the worst live action remake so far, the costumes look god awful, cheap, tacky, unimaginative. And all the adjustments they made make you think “why bother remaking this in the first place”, I’d rather stick to the original instead of what looks like it’s going to be a pile of garbage and a complete insult to the first ever animated feature film ever! Some people should seriously never work in cinema again based on this…
Josh123

Post by Josh123 »

What are you guys on? It is clearly not Rachel zegler on the shared pictures. Just zoom on her face and do a bit of research instead of believing every fake news you see. Thought you were all grown ups.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Josh123 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 am What are you guys on? It is clearly not Rachel zegler on the shared pictures. Just zoom on her face and do a bit of research instead of believing every fake news you see. Thought you were all grown ups.
Yeah and that’s not Andrew Burnap either like the article claims. Whatever this is, it’s not from Disney’s Snow White rotfl
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Those are stunt doubles obviously, but the photos are legitimate taken from the shoot.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

nomad2010 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:22 am
Josh123 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 am What are you guys on? It is clearly not Rachel zegler on the shared pictures. Just zoom on her face and do a bit of research instead of believing every fake news you see. Thought you were all grown ups.
Yeah and that’s not Andrew Burnap either like the article claims. Whatever this is, it’s not from Disney’s Snow White rotfl
Probably second unit, the pictures show a huge drown which you can hear in the accompanying video, so it’s probably wide shots being shot with body double but is most definitely part of the production of Disney’s live action remake! Just not with the main cast!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I usually like Sandy Powell's work, but if those are going to be the costumes...yikes. I am not a fan.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Which group of modern dwarfs do you prefer?

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

She wears the same dress that Rachel did in that leaked photo:

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well... At least there are dwarfs after all, in some form. :lol: The SW outfit mostly looks like SW. Those two things + Gal Gadot and the music might help this all do a little better than TLM. I don't expect it to go much higher than 600 million though. The Dwarfs' outfits look a little cringey to me, they look too modern?

I could tell that wasn't Zegler's face myself, I just assumed stunt doubles. Personally, I don't mind SW's outfit. It looks garish now, but hopefully it just needs to look more bright in real life to look right on film...hopefully. Still, the cloak makes her a bit Red Riding Hood-esque. Much like who they got for Eric in TLM and David in Lilo & Stitch, the prince isn't handsome like he's supposed to be, he's ordinary. Admittedly, Snow White's prince was not as attractive as those two characters, but all those Walt princess films played into the whole "prince charming" trope, which implies someone who's very handsome. Then again, I suppose that could be a stuntman filling in for the prince's real actor, too? I don't know his face like with Zegler to say right off.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Looks like another woke bad movie that will bomb at the box office....and they deserve it.

Disney might as well light a fire and burn $200 million.

That’s all I’ll say for now.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:00 amWhich group of modern dwarfs do you prefer?
It's like a reverse Sophie's Choice. :| I'd say the worse offender is the group from Wish because they're from a WDAS production and that once stood for quality and integrity and was above such cheap fanservice while the other group is from a remake and remakes were always seen as creatively-bankrupt cash grabs.
Disney's Divinity wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:06 pmThe Dwarfs' outfits look a little cringey to me, they look too modern?
They look like hipsters from Brooklyn. :lol:
Josh123 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:37 pmThe pictures are fake.
They are not. From the first link you posted:
the studio later said the photos were from the production but were not official photos.
I don't understand why Disney even bothered to send out such a pointless and silly statement. As if people can't tell the difference between officially-sanctioned publicity photos and paparazzi photos taken during production. The fact there are so many people online who insist that these images are "fake" is mind-boggling to me. I guess denial is not just a river in Egypt. :P
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Ugh... this looks even worse than I expected.

I don't like the costumes, and yet, I think they are the LEAST of the problems. I do agree that the red hooded cloak made me think of Red Riding Hood immediately. And why does the skirt look so baggy? In the literal sense... it looks like a huge plastic garbage bag where they cut the bottom open (I think it's the layered material mixed with the fact that it bends backwards at the very bottom... kinda giving it a balloon-like quality. Hard to explain).

But sheesh... let's leave skin color aside. SW is going to move in with men taller than her?? AND A WOMAN???

Part of what I think makes OG SW not feel cringey, is that she is moving in with men that are smaller than her (which means they are less physically imposing) and Disney had the great idea to make them extremely asexual. These men have no sexual desire for her (even if Bashful has a romantic crush on her). Looking at this leaked picture of the ridiculously diverse cast... ugh... cringe. Plus... this is getting way WAY too far away from the original source.

I think there are certain optics we all expect from each fairy tale: there should be a glass slipper fitting on a foot. There should be a finger touching a spinning wheel... THERE SHOULD BE A GIRL TALLER THAN THE 7 DWARVES.

I already knew I wouldn't watch this crap... now I am sure.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't think the 7 Dwarfs reference in Wish is any stranger than the other references in that film. And it's not really the first time they've ever done things like that in the main canon. Sebastian from TLM, for example, is a great deal like Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio? And I'm sure there are many others if I spent much time thinking on it.
Sotiris wrote:They look like hipsters from Brooklyn :lol:
They do. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I laughed when I read this comment:

The Seven Dwarfs are now one dwarf and six painfully diverse magical creatures dressed in garb cast off from the Greater Des Moines Renaissance Faire.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The whole thing does give off a Renaissance fair vibe.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

That... or a high school production of Godspell.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

This looks so bad, it's not even funny anymore.