Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

Hi, Melly, and welcome to the UltimateDisney forums.

You are quite correct as far as the Australian Treasures releases.

The only sets released to date here are MM in LC Volume 1, Silly Symphonies, MM in LC Volume 2 and The Chronological Donald. :donald:

The other Treasures sets have not been released here yet, but it's now increasingly likely that the other cartoon volumes may probably be released sonetime next year.

I doubt whether the Tomorrowland or the Behind the Scenes sets will make it here though :(
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Thanks blaing, I was afraid that they wouldn't release the Studios and Tomorrowland ones here :( I'll keep hoping and wishing though! :)
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Melly - my better half has come to realise that there is no curing my Disney fixation, and it is better to go along with it than question it. I'm sure your spouse-to-be will understand that life with you will be unbearable without the addition of Lilo and Mary into your life :P

I tend to agree with blaing in doubting that the other Treasures will come here. Not only have the UK and Europe not seen the non-animated Treasures, I doubt there is a market here for things like Davy Crockett boxsets (although they have released the movies separately), or the behind the scenes stuff. It is a shame for the local market, as these are two of my favourite Treasures sets.

While I'm here, I should mention that I've updated the main list at the very start of this thread. BVHE have just added a number of double features to the November line-up, most of which are Touchstone/Hollywood films, but the Disney ones include:

- George of the Jungle 1 & 2 Double Pack
- Princess Diaries / Parent Trap Double Pack

The Lion King Trilogy will now be out November 10, instead of the previously announced October 27 date.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Oh, and Return to Oz cover art:

Different to the US release, and it has more of a nostlagic feel to it.

Sorry about the size.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Why couldn't they release the double-pack earlier? It would have been the perfect gift for my nieces! Only problem is that now one has Princess Diaries and one has Parent Trap :lol: Oh well, there are plenty of other Disney DVDs I can buy them to make sure they are on the road to Disney-obsessiveness :lol:

Loomis, my fiance has agreed that it's necessary for my sanity to get the SE of Mary and Stitch. Methinks the Stitch is more for him though, he's a BIG fan of the little blue guy and we can't get the sound to work properly on our system :?
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

Loomis wrote::)

THe OFLC have just passed On Holiday with Timon & Pumbaa.

This comes days after EzyDVD offered buyers of the Aladdin: Special Edition (2 Disc) a free Around the World with Timon and Pumbaa DVD, if you are one of the first 500 orders.

So it looks like we are finally getting all the volumes from overseas.

I suspect these may be Target exclusives. Although Ezy are giving away these, so I could be wrong...
Not exactly. ;)

Around The World with Timon and Pumbaa is available everywhere while stocks last.

I got my copies of Aladdin and ATWWT&P on Monday at Big W.
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

While I'm at it, the Mary Poppins 40th Anniversary Collectors Edition has been moved to the 24th November
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

Taking over (temporarily from Loomis), here's whats coming out from Buena Vista Australia in the coming months. (DVD releases only)

January 12, 2005

Hidalgo
The Human Stain
The Ladykillers
My Baby's Daddy
My Bosses Daughter
Paid In Full
The Station Agent
The Third Wheel
The Village

January 19th

Donald's Laugh Factory
Mickey's Laugh Factory
Home On The Range

February 16, 2005 (On my birthday, yet!) :)

Aladdin and the King Of Thieves
Dining Out With Timon & Pumbaa
Alice In Wonderland Special Edition
I'm Not Scared
Magical World of Winnie The Pooh - Growing Up With Pooh
Magical World of Winnie The Pooh - Little Things Mean A Lot
Magical World of Winnie The Pooh - Share Your World
The Return of Jafar
Only The Strong Survive
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

blaing wrote:Taking over (temporarily from Loomis), here's whats coming out from Buena Vista Australia in the coming months. (DVD releases only)
Thanks blaing, I'll take it from here...

Made the appropriate changes in the first thread of the forum.

Also, the following have been delayed from November 10 to this new date:

November 24
- Mulan: Special Edition (2 Disc)
- Mulan 2
- Mary Poppins: Special Edition (2 Disc)
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

omg LOOMIS!!!!!!!!! yous is back!!!!!!! ::HUG:: me missed ya! How come everyone get Mulan II first?
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Welcome back Loomis !....

Where have you been ??

I was beginning to think that something terrible must have happend to you...
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anders M Olsson »

Loomis wrote:I'm not sure what Mickey's Laugh Factory or Donald's Laugh Factory are, but they have been delayed until January 15, 2005.
The detailed contents of those DVDs are now listed at the OFLC:

Mickey's Laugh Factory:
  • Hickory Dickory Mickey
  • Mickey Tries to Cook
  • Organ Donors
  • Mickey's Airplane Kit
  • Street Cleaners
  • Mickey's New Car
  • Bubble Gum
  • Mickey's Big Break
  • Mickey's Mixup
So, the Mickey volume contains only newer shorts from the Mickey Mouse Works series.

Donald's Laugh Factory:
  • No Sail
  • Tea for Two Hundred
  • Bee on Guard
  • Orphan's Benefit
  • Donald Duck & the Gorilla
  • Trick or Treat
  • Test Pilot Donald
  • Sleepy Time Donald
All classic favourites on the Donald volume. Some of them have not been released on DVD before.
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

The pocahontas 2disc gets release here in aust very soon but Im confused by the 'extras' mentioned in the specs because there doesnt seem to be a great difference between the extras that came out on the single disc over a year ago? (including deleted song) does anyone know if there is a more than before??
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Mr arrow wrote:The pocahontas 2disc gets release here in aust very soon but Im confused by the 'extras' mentioned in the specs because there doesnt seem to be a great difference between the extras that came out on the single disc over a year ago? (including deleted song) does anyone know if there is a more than before??
BVHE haven't changed the listing on their site, nor have they done so with Lilo & Stitch, so I would sweat it too much. Many of the old extras WILL be ported over, but there will be new ones as well.

I got confirmation on Monday that these had both shipped, so hopefully they will be at home tonight, or more likely tomorrow. I'll post some info when I get them, and will probably do a review of Lilo & Stitch for DVDBits.
marcosfts

Post by marcosfts »

Loomis wrote:BVHE haven't changed the listing on their site, nor have they done so with Lilo & Stitch, so I would sweat it too much. Many of the old extras WILL be ported over, but there will be new ones as well.

I got confirmation on Monday that these had both shipped, so hopefully they will be at home tonight, or more likely tomorrow. I'll post some info when I get them, and will probably do a review of Lilo & Stitch for DVDBits.
That's cool Loomis, when you get the 2-disc edition of "Pocahontas" please tell us how it is, if "If I Never Knew You" is really integreated into the movie, about the new extras and if the DVD cover is the same as shown in the BV site :)
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement has been added to the January line-up.

It will be out January 1.

I've updated the main list.
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Cool! Jan 1 isn't that far away. I think I just decided I need to get myself a New Year present :D

Picked up the Lilo and Stitch 2-disc the other day, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Thanks for the updated list Loomis, I really appreciate knowing how much money I have to budget for upcoming DVD releases :lol:
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Melly wrote:Cool! Jan 1 isn't that far away. I think I just decided I need to get myself a New Year present :D
Sorry to disappoint, Melly.. It looks like it has been pushed back until February 16 (so it can be a late Valentine's present).

Features have been listed as:

-The Making Of Princess Diaries 2
-The PD2 Makeover
-"Breakaway" Music Video By Kelly Clakson
-Deleted Scenes with Garry Marshall Intros
-Royal Bloopers
-A Julie and Garry Commentary
-Find Your Inner Princess Personality Quiz
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Oh. :( Thanks for the update anyway :)
StitchExp626
Limited Issue

Winnie the Pooh, Little things mean a lot

Post by StitchExp626 »

Hi Loomis, I am wondering whether this had previously been released on DVD. I checked Target and they have it on video but no DVD's. I purchased the current five Magical World of Winnie the Pooh at JB recently for $11.99 each, but they did not have the Little things mean a lot. Do you also know hopw many DVD's are in this series??

Thanks

Kevin from Melbourne!!!!