DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:42 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Mark Henn's is even more vague.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Q: There’s a new “Tiana” show, are you coming back?

Mark Henn: We’ll see. I can’t say anything on that.
Source: https://www.thewrap.com/disney-sketchbo ... ull-house/

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:15 pm 
Diamond Edition

What were they thinking? This new sketchbook series would require for all of them to do press. Did they think nobody was going to ask about Tiana?

They’re really messy.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:43 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney was really vague about "the return of Hand Drawn animation" and they haven't even officially announced it or anything, but if they had been really serious about it, they wouldn't have had a problem announcing it for this show. The fact that they haven't should be a red flag.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:49 am 
Diamond Edition

Location: Malta, Europe (duh) Da Brain: sane (methinks ...) Nose: wonderfully fragrant Willy: Wonka!
Farerb (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Disney was really vague about "the return of Hand Drawn animation" and they haven't even officially announced it or anything, but if they had been really serious about it, they wouldn't have had a problem announcing it for this show. The fact that they haven't should be a red flag.

But there's no way this can be hand-drawn. It's too soon, and there's no manpower for it. A hand-drawn feature film would be easier to do than a hand-drawn series, due to latter's length.

Let's not forget that a hand-drawn animated series from WDAS would be expected to have animation quality that is either at the feature level, or at most, a notch below - but certainly not TV quality.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am 
Platinum Edition

This is going to be 6 episodes when each is 15-20 minutes long, so approximately 2 hours for the whole series, it's not that longer than a feature length movie.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 am 
Diamond Edition

Location: Malta, Europe (duh) Da Brain: sane (methinks ...) Nose: wonderfully fragrant Willy: Wonka!
Farerb (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is going to be 6 episodes when each is 15-20 minutes long, so approximately 2 hours for the whole series, it's not that longer than a feature length movie.

Oh!

I thought they were aiming longer and bigger, like those seemingly neverending Netflix Original Series.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:04 am 

So about the animation, were people saying they think it'll look sort of like the "hand-drawn" characters in the Rescue Rangers movie? If it's that, well... I don't like it, but I still prefer that over 3D, jmo. Even if this thing was hideous, I'd still watch it, I admit.

Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, & Diane Keaton ~ "You Don't Own Me"
Harry Styles ~ "Sign of the Times"

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:58 am 
Platinum Edition

If they want to fake hand drawn they would be better off doing it like the lion guard. That looks more faithful than the chip and dale method which I don't care for much. I'm not sure which studio was responsible for that but even paperman looked better than what they are doing there.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:05 am 
Diamond Edition

Kyle (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
If they want to fake hand drawn they would be better off doing it like the lion guard. That looks more faithful than the chip and dale method which I don't care for much. I'm not sure which studio was responsible for that but even paperman looked better than what they are doing there.

I think The Lion Guard was by Mercury Filmworks.

And alas, the Paperman technique must be very elaborate and not an efficient means with which to churn out a series. Guess that's why it looks so pretty!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:25 pm 

Kyle (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I wouldn't say "even Paperman"--to me, Paperman was high quality. I don't think Disney is willing to shell out the $$$ to make something beautiful like that otherwise they would've done it years ago. So that's not even an option.

Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, & Diane Keaton ~ "You Don't Own Me"
Harry Styles ~ "Sign of the Times"