Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Farerb »

Gal Gadot Shares Her Experience as The Evil Queen While Shooting ‘Snow White’
Gal Gadot wrote:"I love it (laughs)! It’s fun, I get to do something different. I get to sing and I get to dance and I get to play the villain, which is something that I’ve never done before – and it’s the first Disney villain ever. I really enjoy working with all people involved, with Marc Webb [directing] and Marc Platt producing and Disney, of course, [actress] Rachel Zegler. It’s just a great experience and I really, really enjoy it and The Evil Queen is very evil, so it’s going to be interesting.”
https://thedisinsider.com/2022/04/19/ga ... now-white/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

We have confirmation then that the Evil Queen will sing (and dance!). Also, despite what was mentioned in another interview about her not being an archetypal villain in this version, it seems she'll still be very evil.

Rachel Zegler also talks about the film in a new interview:
While Zegler became an overnight celebrity after landing the role of Maria, being cast in Snow White caused a more world-changing shift. “I felt more of my anonymity go out the window after Snow White was announced, because Disney has such a dedicated following,” she says. There was a dark note to the commentary, with an undercurrent of anger at the idea of a Latina woman playing the quintessential Disney princess. For the second time, Zegler was taking on a historic part loaded with cultural associations. “I had to step into these iconic shoes,” she says. “The first thing I thought personally was just how to block out the inevitable comparison that would come between myself and Natalie Wood, and myself and a literal two-dimensional cartoon that everyone and their mother seemed to care about the second they announced that I was in the movie. Snow White was this incredible piece of art, hailed as this triumph for animation, and put Disney on the map in such a huge way.”

The mild-mannered princess might seem at first glance to be an odd match for Zegler’s vibrant and outspoken persona, but the vision of director Marc Webb, whose earlier films include 500 Days of Summer and The Amazing Spider-Man, gave her confidence that the story would embrace a new take. When he initially approached her, the project was so shrouded in mystery that she was unaware what the film was even about. “We had a very straightforward conversation before I’d even realized that [the movie] was Snow White. When I started to put the pieces together and I knew it was a Disney princess thing, he was like, ‘Who’s the fairest of them all: What does fair mean? What does it have to mean? Does it mean skin tone? Does it mean beauty? Or does it mean whether or not you are just? The way you treat people? The way you approach others with kindness or lack thereof?’ ” she recalls. “It’s just been a really beautiful moment for my inner child, bringing her back. We were forced to grow up very fast with all of the life change that we went through in the last couple of years. [This is] just this very healing process for me.”
Source: https://www.elle.com/culture/celebritie ... -may-2022/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think it's less anger and more mockery that Disney can't even allow a character literally called Snow White to be White. It would be the same if a Latina actress was cast as Mulan or Tiana. They've since made themselves a complete laughingstock by eliminating the Dwarfs.

Also, her being the "fairest of them all" in-story and being White has nothing at all to do with one another. She isn't "fair" because she's White, what a moron. :roll:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It actually sounded like Marc Webb was the moron who said that her being fair had to do with her skin color.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm very excited to see Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. I can't imagine her singing though. The classic Princess movie villains are the only ones I can't picture singing at all, it would be so out of character for them.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm glad the Evil Queen is getting her own song. While Gadot is not the best singer, she can at least carry a tune. Hopefully, the end result will be decent enough. I'm concerned about her dancing though. I can't imagine the cold and stoic Evil Queen dancing. Something like that seems totally against her character.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I know, right? :lol: :lol: Next thing, they'll make a Black Cauldron remake, with the Horned King singing, dancing and maybe even crying. They did it with Maleficent :lol: :lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I don't think she'll sing and dance at the same time, though. Perhaps there's a ball or something at the beginning and that's where she dances.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That makes more sense. I hope it's just that. For some reason, I was imagining a choreographed musical number à la Enchanted. :lol: These remakes got me spooked! :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ :lol: That was my first thought too, but then I realized that both things don't necessarily need to happen at the same time. Though, you never know with these remakes, it's still possible it's what you described. Let's hope it's not, as you said.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Gal Gadot announced the other day she has wrapped filming her scenes:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/gal_gadot/

She also posted this recently:

Source: https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1516801891212144641
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, that's fast. And TLM hasn't even been released yet, they're getting clogged up with that one having been delayed.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

the fact that the team surrounding Gal wears shirts with the iconic cowl and crown look of the Evil Queen makes me feel hopeful that they'll stick somewhat close to the animated original regarding her look in the movie. Also the fact that Gal has her regular hair and not some elaborate wig or something while wearing the costume disguising cape makes me think she'll have all her hair tucked away under the cowl and crown!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It would make sense for them to keep Snow White's bob and the Queen's cowl to try to make up for the excision of the Prince, "Someday My Prince Will Come", the Dwarfs, and probably what we will discover, even the magical, life-saving kiss on the lips in the end. *sigh* I think it would be much better to keep what they have excised and change the looks of the characters a bit instead of the opposite.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

robster16 wrote:the fact that the team surrounding Gal wears shirts with the iconic cowl and crown look of the Evil Queen makes me feel hopeful that they'll stick somewhat close to the animated original regarding her look in the movie. Also the fact that Gal has her regular hair and not some elaborate wig or something while wearing the costume disguising cape makes me think she'll have all her hair tucked away under the cowl and crown!
Good observation. Like Snow White's look, the Queen's is also quite iconic, so I think you're right they'll stick close to it. Though, she'll probably have more than one costume in this version.
Disney Duster wrote:It would make sense for them to keep Snow White's bob and the Queen's cowl to try to make up for the excision of the Prince, "Someday My Prince Will Come", the Dwarfs, and probably what we will discover, even the magical, life-saving kiss on the lips in the end. *sigh* I think it would he much better to keep what they have excised and change the looks of the characters a bit instead of the opposite.
Yeah, this remake is going to be so weird. I haven't shared my thoughts on some of these changes because I wanted to explain my point of view well and I needed time for that, but I agree with everyone else that replacing the dwarfs in particular is ridiculous. How can you make Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs without the seven dwarfs? If they found the original so problematic, I think they should either have decided not to remake it at all or do a version only loosely inspired by the fairytale but with no connexion to the animated movie like the cancelled Rose Red project.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The thing is, we actually don't know if the Dwarfs have definitely been cut. After Dinklage's outrage, their was a lot of backlash against the idea of cutting or changing the Dwarfs. Disney may have changed their minds.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Who knows, but I don't think it's too likely.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

In this case, how will it be called? Just plain Snow White? Or Snow White and the Seven Magical Creatures? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Rachel Zegler on the set of Snow White:

https://twitter.com/batatinhageek/statu ... gd6hg&s=19
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I don't know why but I didn't expect we would get set photos of this film, maybe because of the secrecy that has surrounded certain aspects of this production like anything regarding the "seven creatures". I knew they would stick close to Snow White's original look, but this is closer to it than I imagined it would be. She doesn't look bad, though, in my opinion.