The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Pasta67 »

Ignoring the film version of "Topsy Turvy" and the reprise of "Heaven's Light" for a second, the issue that concerns me most is the missing music. It's a little tricky, but after reading up on the problem elsewhere I think I finally understand what's going on.

1.) Two tracks are mislabeled: "Sanctuary!" is actually the score for a Court of Miracles scene, and "And He Shall Smite the Wicked" is actually the score for the "Sanctuary!" scene.
2.) "And He Shall Smite the Wicked" is missing roughly two minutes of music: the balcony climax and Frollo's death.

Do I have that correct? Is there any other music missing?

So... hypothetically, if I owned the original soundtrack CD from the 90s, I could just rip the "And He Shall Smite the Wicked" track from there, purchase the Legacy Collection, give everything their correct track titles, and have the complete score? (Albeit with a teensy bit of duplicate music?) I'm holding off on purchasing the album myself until we get final confirmation from early buyers once they receive their CDs. If things are fixed, then great! If not, I'll probably still pull the trigger and purchase but I'm not getting rid of my old soundtrack.
- John
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Yes, you're correct.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Thanks, Farerb!

Looking at the runtime for each disc, both appear to be at capacity already so I fear there's no way to fix the issue unless Disney alters the tracklist itself, but I'm staying optimistic. If only the two songs from the German show weren't included and we had more breathing room. I'd much rather get the *full* score and Menken's "As Long As There's A Moon" demo instead of a couple sample tracks from a completely different production.
- John
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Pasta67 wrote:I'd much rather get the *full* score and Menken's "As Long As There's A Moon" demo instead of a couple sample tracks from a completely different production.
Ditto.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I totally agree as well. I actually though "Sanctuary!" wasn't like I remembered it when I listened to the track in the new album, but I didn't think of checking if it was different in the original soundtrack. How could they make so many mistakes with this title?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

No idea. But these delays in its release make me think that maybe they will fix them for the physical disc.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, now it`s October 15th. And Disney hasn`t delayed it`s release once again. So it means that it`s now available.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The physical version's still not showing up on Amazon, DeepDiscount, etc.

Maybe I'm just on a sugar high with all the attention TSitS miraculously received from Funko, but I still wish TSitS could get a Legacy release. I don't think its soundtrack has ever been released outside of a vinyl record when the film came out, digitally, and random songs on compilation sets. Still, if they're worried about sales, they'll probably go with something like Aladdin if they make another addition to the collection. Naturally, I hope for all the Menken soundtracks at some point. Aside from those, Bedknobs & Broomsticks and TSitS are my biggest wants--the former because Angela Lansbury and the latter because it's one of my top 3 Disney films. Back when it first began, I though the line would be a good excuse to finally get CD sets for a lot of the old Walt films that I don't have copies for, like Snow White, for example. :(

I wonder if it's possible that the line may get a little more attention over the next year or so since Lorelay Bove was involved in the making of Encanto?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ooh Divinity I love that "backs of villains" avvy and siggy set! Never noticed how moody that Lady Tremaine scene is.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Did they ship anyone's order? The status on mine still says "In Progress".
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote:Ooh Divinity I love that "backs of villains" avvy and siggy set! Never noticed how moody that Lady Tremaine scene is.
Thanks, and, yeah, it was a really beautiful shot. I think Tremaine sort of gets overlooked compared to the other villainesses, but she's my favorite after Ursula.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I agree that TSitS deserves a Legacy CD. I'm super happy having the Robin Hood one, and would love an official TSitS one too.
Disney's Divinity

^ Robin Hood getting one not too long ago makes me feel like it may still be possible, even though the line is on life support. Perhaps they're alternating from one well-known film to a more obscure title and repeat, going by B&tB - Robin Hood - Hunchback. Admittedly, RH does have a bigger cult fanbase than TSitS probably does.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh wow, Divinity, didn't know Tremaine was so high on your list! Ursula is my second favorite villain after Maleficent.

Furries love Robin Hood, maybe that's why it has such a huge fanbase. I hope The Sword in the Stone, Aladdin, and Snow White get released. I really love the folky music of Robin Hood.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

They shipped it now.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

When you receive it and listen to it, please let us know if it's been corrected! I haven't placed my order yet in hopes they'll fix it.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

No worries, I will, but since I'm importing it from the US it might take a while until I receive it.
Tascar
Limited Issue

Post by Tascar »

My copy came in the mail today and unfortunately, I must report that there is no difference in the physical release. "And He Shall Smite the Wicked" is still missing its ending.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

That's a shame but not unexpected. How is the case? Is it a digibook like the other releases? Can you post images?
Tascar
Limited Issue

Post by Tascar »

It is exactly like the other releases, the digibook.