DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sydney to the Max
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Does anyone else watch Sydney to the Max? It's a Disney Channel show, but I've been watching it on Disney+. The first 8 episodes of Season 3 (currently airing on Disney Channel) just came to Disney+ a few days ago. I LOVE this show. I think it's one of the best Disney Channel shows ever. It focuses on the main kid, Sydney, and her friends, and school and crushes and things, and self-confidence and finding yourself and all of those things, and it focuses on the dad, Max, both in current day & back in the early '90s* when he was a kid, and it focuses on the grandmother, Judy (she's a 'hip' college student). I LOVE that it has the three generations in it.

*It's funny when they label the flashbacks to Max's childhood as 1992 or 1993, and there are "Heely"-type shoe Roller blades- Wikipedia says those were patented in 1999. I'm on I think Episode 6 of Season 3 right now, and they are talking about instant messaging in 1993; Wikipedia says AIM started in 1997! So they aren't "historically accurate," and that makes me feel old. But otherwise it's a perfect show!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously laugh, and I cry sometimes.

One episode later in Season 2 dealt with Sydney and her friends building a parade float; Sydney's mom died 4 years ago, and so that episode dealt with those feelings (I mean, the mom is mentioned a lot), and that made me cry. It's just a really good balance of being relatable and funny and touching. I definitely recommend it.