Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by DC Fan »

What I meant to say is that, regarding the warts, is that Funko might have painted the head by default with them and/if they release the regular version they just paint over them to that one.

In the end we will just have to wait and see.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Bambi Art Series Pop. Amazon Exclusive.

There are rumors that these characters could also be made in the same series:

-Baloo, Chip and Dale, Cinco de Mayo Donald, Goofy, Mickey (Pilot), Mickey (Sorcerer´s Apprentice), Pluto, Robin Hood and Winnie the Pooh.

-Alice, Queen of Hearts with King, Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat as Black Light Glow Series are going to be Funko.com exclusives.

-Bee Winnie the Pooh available in Game Stop stores and on their site as well.

There are also going to make in the same style:

-Alice, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter and Chesire Cat as Soda Pops in the Black Light Glow series with chase each.

-Alice, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter and Chesire Cat posters also as Black Light Glow.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The Bambi pic isn't showing up for me. Bee Pooh is TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have a black light, but I think that's a neat idea for Pops.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Bambi Pop Art for you blackcauldron:

https://hotstuff4geeks.com/wp-content/u ... ries-1.jpg
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thank you very much, DC Fan!! That's cute. Have they made previous snowflake-covered Pops? I think we need Thumper, Olaf, Sven like that.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I don't think that customers can take the nose off-- I think the body mold at the factory is the same and the factory just puts the nose on depending on which version they are making. No idea about the warts...
Oh ok.
DC Fan wrote:What I meant to say is that, regarding the warts, is that Funko might have painted the head by default with them and/if they release the regular version they just paint over them to that one.

In the end we will just have to wait and see.
Oh, ok.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Good to know they may finally be making Flynn/Eugene! I'll wait for something more basic than him holding his poster though. It's sort of like Quasimodo holding the gargoyle and Rapunzel with the frying pan; they came out with a much better version soon after. Funko seems to test waters with some characters / IPs that way.

Funko versions of popular covers is actually a kind of ingenious idea. Of course they would be flat like the Maleficent on her throne pop. I didn't buy the Maleficent throne pop, but I'd be open to flat pops if they're re-creating famous covers. The Fab Four are the ones that come most immediately to mind. Naturally the TLM cover of them all around the castle would be my most-wanted. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Yes! I just sold my original Chernabog.

...and got the new version. So much better.

That got me thinking...So, what happened with the Disney Villains line? Is Funko got rid of the idea? The only way I see them do it, if they´re going to release a Villain as part of X movie collection, is if they make a new version of him/her. But doesn´t seem Funko is even doing that with Madam Mim.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

How would that Beauty and the Beast VHS Pop Box be? Like a replica of the VHS case for a Funko Pop?
Disney's Divinity

Well, I pre-ordered the Madam Mim variant and finally, after ages, was able to order the Enchantress pop. For anyone who hasn't yet, here are all the Wondercon links, most of them should be able to order or at least pre-order (like with Mim) right now:

Enchantress - Hot Topic - https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko- ... 55059.html
Donald Duck - Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/24A5 ... 2BE076569F
Madam Mim - FYE - https://www.fye.com/funko-pop%21-disney ... 85487.html

Btw, any idea when the Ultimate Princess pops are coming out? I bought Namaari, the Blue Fairy, and Figaro & Cleo the other day. I'll get Geppetto once the price drops a little more. I was just nervous to get Figaro ASAP since it's clearly the most popular in the line, what with it being out-of-stock and priced double what it's worth constantly; I grabbed it one day when it was 10.99... Idk why I do these things, I know eventually six months from now I'm going to see it available for $7 and berate myself.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I love that Enchantress Pop!!!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I know I´ve talked about this before but it amazes me that there are way over 20 movies that either haven´t Pops been made and/or Villain Pops.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:How would that Beauty and the Beast VHS Pop Box be? Like a replica of the VHS case for a Funko Pop?
Funko has a line of Album Cover and Comic Cover Pops that include the art of the original album/comic book in the box with a pop version of the character featured in the art in front of it. I imagine these classic VHS pops will be similar in nature. Hopefully Beauty and the Beast will have a Movie Moment style Pop with Belle and the Beast. I really do not have room for these, but if BatB does feature both characters I may have to find it.

Example of Classic Comic Pop
Example of Album Art Pop
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So I finally got Prof. Ratigan and was surprised that, upon opening the box, there´s a quote from him there. Very nice touch!

Still, this GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE release is extremely odd. By not having Dr. Dawson and Ratigan in the royal clothes.

If they were just going to release 3 figures then they should have gone one of these routes:

1. Basil, Dawson (with or without Olivia as an extra) and Ratigan in his suit.
2. Basil, Dawson and Ratigan in his suit.
3. Basil, Dawson and Olivia.

The way I see it is that Funko either most have plans to make a new release with Dawson and Ratigan in his suit. And/or they plan to release Dawson later on and/or Ratigan as a variant.
Last edited by DC Fan on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity

I'm sure they'll release a variant of Ratigan eventually. Dawson though, who knows.

I can't get over the fact that they still haven't released Cinderella's stepfamily (and I'm including Lucifer in that), especially with Cinderella's anniversary last year. I mean, I know COVID threw the company off, but they can still release things that had been planned for last year this year. :( I really want Lady Tremaine and Lucifer pops already. I wonder how those three Cinderella pops they did release last year performed (you know, Cinderella in her pink dress, the Pop Ride, and the Fairy Godmother)? The only one I didn't get was the Pop Ride because the ride in the film has three pairs of horses, not one, and I'm nitpicky like that--especially over something that's already going to cost more than a regular pop.

I got the e-mail notice that my Enchantress pop is on its way yesterday. :D And if the pop VHS covers end up being like those Widdi linked to, it'll probably be a pass for me. The thing is I'm sure they've wanted to make a Belle and Beast dancing moment for ages, since they know people would want it, but I imagine it's difficult for them to figure out the best way to depict it. One, how to make it look like dancing without the pops being pressed right up against one another where you can't see the faces / outfits well. And then how to portray the ballroom? Just using the floor sounds like the only option, but it kind of loses effect without the gold all around and the chandelier. Too bad they couldn't make a moment that's sort of L-shaped (that would press flat against the wall, sort of like a bookend), and shows at least a few of the archways as well as maybe the grand piano behind / beside the two of them dancing.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

As odd as they haven´t released Lady Tremaine and her daughters is the fact that:

1- They didn´t release Frollo with Quasimodo. They release 2 variants of Quasimodo and they couldn´t bother to make Frollo and Phoebus?

2- They haven´t released Hans. I DESPISE him but given the fact that everything Frozen sells there´s this important character that can be made into a Pop and hasn´t.

As for THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE. Really? Why do Olivia and not Dawson?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The new princesses pops and mystery minis are available for pre orders.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

It feels so weird to have to display Ratigan as if he was a king with actual royals lile Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts, Prince John and King Candy.
Disney's Divinity

Not really any different than Ursula with a crown or a Sultan Jafar pop would be?

I got my Figaro, Blue Fairy, and Namaari in the mail so far. Namaari looks much better in person, so no regrets there. Figaro is much smaller than I expected--not that I'm complaining exactly. Now just waiting on the exclusives. :) I was hoping maybe all the princesses in the UP line would come out at once. I wonder when the next four will be revealed? I guess I shouldn't waste time thinking about it, since, if I'm skipping Tiana and only getting Ariel, then I'll probably skip them all. Still, I'm curious to see them--and will they be doing Raya? I assume Anna and Elsa will be included since they're on the UP artwork in the DP thread.