Aladdin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Re: Aladdin (Live-Action)

Post by DisneyFan97 »

In Sweden the voice of Phineas( for the frist two seasons) Sam Molavi voices Aladdin here !

He also voiced the main character in the Ant Bully.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Aladdin has been nominated for Top Soundtrack at the Billboard Music Awards 2019.
Top Soundtrack

Aladdin
Descendants 3
The Dirt
Frozen II
K-12
Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/bbma ... tions-list

Source: https://www.facebook.com/disneymusic/ph ... 7300008961
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MrXemnas1992
Limited Issue

Post by MrXemnas1992 »

still the best disney remake.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Speechless, Friend Like Me, and Prince Ali have been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/disneymusic/ph ... 2520113961

Source: https://www.facebook.com/disneymusic/ph ... 8807728961

Source: https://www.facebook.com/disneymusic/ph ... 0682493961

Speechless has hit 300 million streams on YouTube.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyMusic/status/ ... 4351383556
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay! Deserved.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

That's great!
Disney's Divinity

A couple performed to a medley of the live-action film's versions of "Arabian Nights" and "A Whole New World" at a figure skating event yesterday. I wish I could remember their names, but it slipped the mind; I just thought it was surprising they used the live-action film's songs rather than the original's.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:A couple performed to a medley of the live-action film's versions of "Arabian Nights" and "A Whole New World" at a figure skating event yesterday. I wish I could remember their names, but it slipped the mind; I just thought it was surprising they used the live-action film's songs rather than the original's.
Well, after all the live action movie made Over $1 billion EH? And personally I And quite a lot of people actually really like it, quite a lot of people I’ve seen think it’s one of the best live action Disney Remakes:-) Personally I actually like it better than avengers endgame, and even overall like it better than the animated one even or the animated one has overall better music/versions of the songs and a few things here and there that are of course better; overall though I personally think pretty much all of Disney‘s remakes are either equally as good or better than the originals
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I tried watching this again for the first time since it came out in theaters and I wasn't able to finish it, stopped during Prince Ali. I'm not a fan of Aladdin without charisma, whiny Jafar and over masculine Genie. And the whole thing lacked the energy that the original had. I also don't understand why they added that nonsense about a war with another kingdom, a subplot that obviously never went anywhere and was just a complete waste of time.

I didn't like Beauty and the Beast but at least I was able to complete that on my rewatch last month, so I guess I prefer it to this film, both are mediocre though :shrug:
Disney's Divinity

I actually watched this last night myself for the first time in a while. I was at someone else's house and put something random on in the background. Jafar's cobra was a little gaudy, much like Triton's trident in the remake. I liked most of the cast, but I was always attached to this version for its Sultan and Jasmine. The Sultan in the original film is such a doofus, even in the original Jasmine was better leader material than he was.

I also watched Ever After and the R&H's Cinderella with Whitney and Bernadette Peters yesterday. Interesting to me that the 2015 Cinderella isn't on Disney+ like other remakes?? :? I think I ended up on that Disney+ bender because I was checking out the 1950 Cinderella since Marce82 had said that Cinderella's new restoration was on there or something?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It's on my Disney+ so I find it weird that it's not on Disney+ in the US, but sometimes titles aren't available in some territories because of licensing or something like that.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, the Cinderella 2015 remake isn't on the US Disney+ right now.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sir Tim Rice has said in a new interview he was partly involved in some of the songs for the Aladdin remake. That's curious. In what capacity was he involved? Because we know the lyrics for the new songs as well as the changed lyrics for existing ones were written by Pasek and Paul. Did he write lyrics before they came on board which got scrapped? Was he a consultant of some kind?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:54 pm Sir Tim Rice has said in a new interview he was partly involved in some of the songs for the Aladdin remake. That's curious. In what capacity was he involved? Because we know the lyrics for the new songs as well as the changed lyrics for existing ones were written by Pasek and Paul. Did he write lyrics before they came on board which got scrapped? Was he a consultant of some kind?
I've checked my copy of the Aladdin CD (at first I didn't even want to have the CDs of any of the live-action remakes, but finally bought the Alan Menken ones) and Tim Rice is credited as the lyricist of "One Jump Ahead (Reprise 2)." Perhaps he was responsible for writing the new lyrics for the songs he was involved with originally, while Pasek and Paul wrote the new lyrics for Howard Ashman's songs?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Thanks for letting us know about the second reprise. I didn't know that. Was he credited for One Jump Ahead too? The new version features changed lyrics.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Yes, he's the sole lyricist credited for "One Jump Ahead" as well. I didn't know he had worked on the remake either. I don't think that was mentioned during the promotion for the film, and on the CD cover or the film's opening credits it says the new lyrics are by just Pasek and Paul. There are some words by Alan Menken at the beginning of the booklet, which I also checked to see if there was something about Tim Rice's involvement, and even there when Alan talks about the new lyrics, he doesn't mention him. This is what he says there:
In addition, Benj, Justin and I reflected the direction of the new screenplay with exciting rewrites to "Arabian Nights" as well as a new reprise of "One Jump Ahead."
I wonder why they pretty much treated it as a secret. Perhaps not to outshine Pasek and Paul, which were the ones who had Oscar chances with "Speechless"? Or simply not to make the credits too confusing? Anyway, I'm glad he was at least asked to write the new lyrics for his songs. He should've been hired to do all the new lyrics, but that's better than nothing.