Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Avaitor »

I'm generally kind of iffy on Pops based off of real life people, especially those no longer with us. But I may have to make an exception for that Walt figure next to Sleeping Beauty Castle.

If I can even get it.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

for those of you who plan to watch Soul be careful when you look for Disney pops online, there's a pop for this film that may be a spoiler... :|
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Is it this?
https://newtoynews.com/2020/07/01/first ... unko-pops/

I posted about this in another thread...probably the Soul thread...and I need to make sure I used spoiler tags...

*edit* It was a mug, not a Pop I posted about, but same character, and so I just added a spoiler warning.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yep, makes me wonder how important a spoiler it is? it could just be a gag, still having a pop of it available so early would kinda ruin the impact. It be like revealing a pop of Dante from Coco as an alebrije. They were much more careful with the Frozen 2 pops.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

CAN´T WAIT FOR FINALLY HAVING CAPTAIN HOOK FOR MY COLLECTION!!!

...and to have him with an improved POP.

I was scared because it´s rare for Funko to this like how they did it with Ursula. They could have gone 2 different routes: 1. Cruella De Vil (with an expression she does a single moment and that just makes sense if she´s driving) or 2. Jafar (a total new form/version of him...not even Sorcerer Jafar that is nice compromising choice- I expected they would have made him look like he dealt with Tick-Tock with the clothes destroyed and no hat).
blackcauldron85

In case we thought these may be Disneyland-exclusive Pops, they're not; I just got an email from Hot Topic saying that they are available for pre-order.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

These Disneyland pops are adorable and I'm happy for park fans' sakes. Still, it's a pass for me. I have nearly all these characters and none of these are really an upgrade. The train is probably the most appealing part of these for me, actually. :lol: I've never wanted a Walt pop. Real people never look great in pop form, jmo, and they rarely get animals down perfectly either.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

I wonder if Walt is a Disneyland exclusive...? The Hot Topic email had a few pics but no Walt; the link brought me to their new Pops page, not just these particular ones. I'm not getting any, either; I like them, I'm just poor.
Disney's Divinity

There's talk on the Funko forum that the Tiana (w/ Frog Naveen) pop might've been unvaulted. Some theorized it might be do to the Splash Mountain makeover. I hope this is true, because it means the Splash Mountain re-theme might end up inspiring Disney to give the film more pops finally. My biggest hopes:

Tiana (in the white "Almost There" dress with the fur and feather in her hair)
Naveen (Bayou Wedding w/ Frog Tiana)
Charlotte
Naveen (Prince costume)
Tiana (Green Dress from "Down in New Orleans (reprise)")

Preferably a small Ray insert with one of them. I think a full pop of just him would look odd...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

That's pretty cute! I'm not the biggest Up fan, but I'm always a sucker for the "Married Life" sequence. However, I sold off my Movie Moments collection a while ago, and can't justify starting it back up.

That said, it's a shame that they're releasing this now, as opposed to last year when it was the film's anniversary.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

From what I heard Stitch and Jiminy Cricket are also planned.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Jiminy's pretty cute. I'm honestly surprised that I don't have him yet, so I may need to look into that one.

Stitch also looks fine, but my enthusiasm for the character hasn't been that high lately.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

The Rapunzel is cute, but when it leaked that a new Tangled exclusive was coming I was really hoping for Gothel.

My Stitch collection is ballooning this fall. Though I really wish the Baker Stitch was holding the giant chocolate cake, instead of this finished one. Still cute enough to buy though.

I like Jimminy too, but I don't think it fits my collection.

No interest in the Up moment, though it is well done. Still hoping for a Wall-E moment of him and EVE playing with the fire extinguisher in space.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

First look at the 80th Anniversary Fantasia Pops!

Chernabog and Sorcerer Mickey are musts. If we get a crocodile at some point down the line I'll want the hippo too, but I don't want one without the other. So glad I never forked out the money for the original Mickey.

Hoping some 80th Anniversary Pinocchio Pops are announced soon too. I think the NYCC Jimminy is a good indicator some are on the way.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I love Chernabog and the black Pegasus! I'll have to get the former, for sure.
Disney's Divinity

The Mickey variants where he's translucent are cute. The only one I'm interested in buying though is Chernabog. I wonder if I should wait for a bigger version of him to come down the line? I just thought it would be cool to book-end him with the BoxLunch Sorcerer Mickey pop, but it looks like he'll be a lot shorter than that one. I hope Pinocchio gets pops, too.

I actually got my Mulan & Khan Ride pop in the mail today. I only finally got around to buying it; I bought Shang months ago. Like above, I'll probably bookend this ride with the Hercules & Pegasus ride.