How's Everyone Doing?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How's Everyone Doing?

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^So maybe your mom would rather someone not, but she respects that it's up to the woman?
Maybe. I never got into a discussion with her about it. I'm kind of afraid she would drag me into uncomfortable territory lol.
JeanGreyForever wrote:I like that mentality a lot. I know some women who would never want to get an abortion themselves, but at the same time they would never deny another woman's right to an abortion. At the end of the day, what conservatives don't realize is that Democrats want women to have the right to choose, whatever decision they might make about their own bodies. Nobody is stating that every woman MUST have an abortion no matter what. That's just part of their twisted narrative.
Well...when I was pro-life, what I actually felt was that abortion was murder, and that it was a fact, and people should never have the choice to murder. That is what I think many republicans think.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Duster wrote: Maybe. I never got into a discussion with her about it. I'm kind of afraid she would drag me into uncomfortable territory lol.
I understand that. Some topics are awkward to discuss with our parents!
JeanGreyForever wrote:Oh that sounds awful for the poor dear. Are there any medications she can be treated with so she doesn't suffer too much?
We have tried everything. Even her monthly allergy shot only lasts about 3 days before she's back at scratching and nibbling herself. We have countless sprays and wipes, ear cleansers. Often she needs antibiotics or steroids from the vet, too. :( She's been to the doggie dermatologist, and that cost a lot, and the specialized meds didn't help. The vet said that she's the worst allergic case that he's seen.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Oh that sounds awful for the poor dear. Are there any medications she can be treated with so she doesn't suffer too much?
We have tried everything. Even her monthly allergy shot only lasts about 3 days before she's back at scratching and nibbling herself. We have countless sprays and wipes, ear cleansers. Often she needs antibiotics or steroids from the vet, too. :( She's been to the doggie dermatologist, and that cost a lot, and the specialized meds didn't help. The vet said that she's the worst allergic case that he's seen.
Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! Do you think there's something in your house or something in the area you live in which is exacerbating her allergies? Maybe pollen or the climate or some sort of flower or scent?
Disney Duster wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I like that mentality a lot. I know some women who would never want to get an abortion themselves, but at the same time they would never deny another woman's right to an abortion. At the end of the day, what conservatives don't realize is that Democrats want women to have the right to choose, whatever decision they might make about their own bodies. Nobody is stating that every woman MUST have an abortion no matter what. That's just part of their twisted narrative.
Well...when I was pro-life, what I actually felt was that abortion was murder, and that it was a fact, and people should never have the choice to murder. That is what I think many republicans think.
Yes, I understand that. I meant that many Republicans I know believe that Democrats think abortions should be mandated and everyone will be forced to get them regardless of whether they want them or not.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

JeanGreyForever wrote:Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! Do you think there's something in your house or something in the area you live in which is exacerbating her allergies? Maybe pollen or the climate or some sort of flower or scent?
It's Florida/the environment. Just as a whole. She's allergic to grasses, weeds, trees, molds, dustmites I think, etc. I have the sheet from the vet in a box...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, Amy, I am so about your dog with allergies! I will pray for her! What's her name?

JeanGreyForever, oh sorry, I was the one who didn't understand! I think it's so weird Republicans think that!
blackcauldron85

Thank you! Her name is Trixi!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote: JeanGreyForever, oh sorry, I was the one who didn't understand! I think it's so weird Republicans think that!
That's all right, I should have clarified and it was easy to misinterpret what I was saying. Yes, I agree with you that it's weird Republicans think that. Sometimes I think they don't really even think that as much as they know that's an easier narrative to push and make other Republicans also hate Democrats more.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I prayed for Trixi Amy! That she would get better, and feel better and be happy.

Hmm...yeah that may be right JeanGreyForever!
blackcauldron85

Thank you very much, DD!!! <3
blackcauldron85

I still don't have my Covid test results back yet, BUT I had a thought. So, I've been at my company for a few years. Five months after starting my job, I developed a cough. I had it for 2.5 years roughly; I was getting allergy shots but those only worked for a few months. The medicine I take finally kicked in and it kept my cough at bay for a while.

Well, since March we've been working from home; I BET my work computer has mold in it! When I'm in my bedroom with my air purifier, I'm not coughing like I do in the room with the computer in it that I spend 40 hours a week in.

My doctor works for my company, and she told me that she's tried talking to the higher ups about the mold issue, but it fell on deaf ears. After I had my allergy testing and was getting injections, my manager asked me if I was tested for other allergens, not just mold, meaning that I can't blame the company's known mold problem on my cough, that it could be my other allergens.

My husband's been wanting to go to WDW; I'm still confused about the annual pass issue, but he said our last day is in August and we should go at least once. Of course I said a) it's a pandemic, and b) I still haven't gotten my Covid test.

What if my new cough isn't Covid-related but mold-related?! I had this revelation a few minutes ago. My husband won't crack open the work computer because it's not ours. My dad said that I should bring the computer to work and ask that they check it for mold. I said that the company has made "mold" a verboten word.

Even though my doctor has said that any old building in Florida will have mold in it, maybe this is my issue (it makes sense since my initial cough started after working here) and I should really try finding another job, even though the pandemic has probably made it harder to get a new job.

I just needed to share. <3
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, thank God you don't have positive COVID results, but hmmm...if it's the mold, and there's no way to get a computer without mold, then yes, maybe you should get a new job! But also, if mold is in every (really, every?!) old building in Florida, then you'd have to get a job with a newer building I guess, plus getting a new job is just plain hard! I forget, what is your job? Also, you have a work computer, but you don't use it...for working from home? Why not? I'm confused lol. I pray you don't have COVID but also that you get over your sickness soon in some way!
blackcauldron85

DD wrote:thank God you don't have positive COVID results
I haven't gotten the results back yet besides the 50% accurate rapid one, but when I get the results, I'll post! I was just thinking that I'm fine at night so question if it's Covid.
DD wrote:getting a new job is just plain hard! I forget, what is your job? Also, you have a work computer, but you don't use it...for working from home? Why not? I'm confused lol. I pray you don't have COVID but also that you get over your sickness soon in some way!
I know it's hard. Besides my own company, I haven't looked yet. I work for an insurance company. I have been using the work computer at home- I cough most in the room with that computer (and in the dining room right after) so that's why I wonder... I just had needed to vent- I didn't mean to confuse you! I appreciate those prayers! <3
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It's too bad they won't allow you a different computer or something. Do you think they'd let you buy your own (assuming you could even afford to do such a thing)?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

There's no way they'd let me use my own computer; we have to use a Virtual Private Network while using the work comps because we have sensitive information on our members. But I don't have $ even if that was an option.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, so that's right you work for an insurance company. My best friend does that! Oh, now I get it - your husband won't inspect the computer because it's the work computer. I thought crack open meant "use". That's what I was confused about. Whoops. Lol
blackcauldron85

Yeah, I don't always specify things, sorry! <3

*edit* With it being 2 weeks since my test, I assumed that urgent care still had my phone # entered wrong, so I just called. I'm negative for Covid! They said they mailed a letter so hopefully they entered my address right; I'd like proof in writing!

*edit* Amazon will have Lysol wipes "In stock on January 23, 2021." :? :shock: :o :( And Home Depot said about Lysol: "This item is not available in any stores within 100 miles" of my zip code. :? :shock: :o :(

I know that the demand has gone up, but omg.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Thank goodness you're negative, Amy! :-D
blackcauldron85

Thank you very much! It's definitely a relief! <3
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, I am so glad you're COVID negative Amy!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

It's very good that you don't have COVID-19, Amy