Love, Victor

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Love, Victor

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I loved the first look of Love, Victor! Looking forward to the series when it hits Hulu.
DisneyFan97 wrote:Why is it disappointing and frustrating ? Are you gay !?
Haha, well, yes!
Also you really arn't intresed in Live Action Lady and the Tramp or Monsters at work !!???? :o :o :o
Not so much, those are really just curiosities to me. I own most everything “Disney” (which I care about) on DVD or Blu-ray, so there’s just not much purpose in me re-upping my subscription every month. I have and will continue to re-subscribe when they add something new which interests me (like I did for Frozen II and Onward), but I’ve already cancelled my subscription for the month of May.

I am glad you are excited for Disney+ though!! I hope you enjoy it!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Not so much, those are really just curiosities to me. I own most everything “Disney” (which I care about) on DVD or Blu-ray, so there’s just not much purpose in me re-upping my subscription
I feel the same way.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Hulu has released the trailer for Love, Victor: https://youtu.be/uh-IaEaEdE0

I think it looks really cute!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, I love what it looks like it will be! Too bad I don't have Hulu.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The series premiered on Hulu today. I haven’t started it yet, I’ll probably start it tonight.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Victor being a jock is not very believable. :lol: Being lanky and shy make him more of a nerd than a jock.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'll be sure to check this out.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:Wow, I love what it looks like it will be! Too bad I don't have Hulu.
All episodes have been released at once, so you could use the 7-day free trial available for Hulu if you haven't used it before. It's only 10 episodes.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you but I don't want to get involved with something I have to cancel before it starts taking my money.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

For anyone who was afraid that the show is a straight reboot/remake of Love, Simon and doesn't have anything to do with the original film, I can say that this luckily isn't the case after watching a few episodes. Victor reaches out to Simon online and Simon has a voiceover in every episode. There are some pictures of him with his boyfriend and family as well so Simon does indeed have a presence in the show.
Disney Duster wrote:Thank you but I don't want to get involved with something I have to cancel before it starts taking my money.
You're welcome and that makes sense.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Did anybody end up watching this? I binged the first season in two days and the episodes aren't longer than 25-30 minutes so it's a quick run.
ImageImage
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Did anybody end up watching this? I binged the first season in two days and the episodes aren't longer than 25-30 minutes so it's a quick run.
I finished it in 2 days too. It was cute overall. I think episodes 1-4 were slow but not boring. It wasn't until episode 5 that it started getting good and picking up. Episodes 8-10 were so good! I think everyone from around Victor was more interesting than him. Felix, Lake, Andrew, Benji, and Mia were all intriguing. Victor was pretty bland. His family was also annoying. They seriously need therapy because they had way too many issues. The only one I liked in his family was his little brother, and that's saying a lot. Excited for season 2 nonetheless should it be picked up.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

tsom wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Did anybody end up watching this? I binged the first season in two days and the episodes aren't longer than 25-30 minutes so it's a quick run.
I finished it in 2 days too. It was cute overall. I think episodes 1-4 were slow but not boring. It wasn't until episode 5 that it started getting good and picking up. Episodes 8-10 were so good! I think everyone from around Victor was more interesting than him. Felix, Lake, Andrew, Benji, and Mia were all intriguing. Victor was pretty bland. His family was also annoying. They seriously need therapy because they had way too many issues. The only one I liked in his family was his little brother, and that's saying a lot. Excited for season 2 nonetheless should it be picked up.
I felt so bad for Mia because it was clear that while Victor liked her as a friend, he had no real attraction to her otherwise. He really did her wrong. I actually didn't like Andrew at the beginning but he grew on me by the end and I'm glad Mia has him in her life. I knew he was interested in her at first but I assumed she had no interest in him because of his terrible personality. I didn't predict that she had hooked up with him previously. Yeah, I found Victor pretty insufferable as a person tbh and his parents weren't much better. I actually didn't mind his sister though although she definitely had her own issues but her friendship with Felix at the end was nice. I didn't find her as hypocritical as the rest of her family.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Does Nick actually appear on the show or does he just narrate it?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

He doesn't really narrate it. Every episode, Victor messages Nick (on Facebook I believe) so we hear a voiceover from Nick that dictates his message. However he finally does appear in one of the last few episodes of the season alongside his boyfriend. Basically he tells Victor that if Victor was near him, he would hug him and Victor immediately purchases a ticket to NY to get that hug lol.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Thank you. Don't know if I'll watch, I don't really watch shows that much anymore. I haven't even seen The Mandalorian yet.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

It's a short show, only 10 episodes which are each 20-30 minutes long. If you liked the film, then I'd recommend it.

Mando was good but I think it's highly overrated. Angry fanboys just wanted something to like that didn't insult them for featuring a female Jedi like Rey or an Asian female supporting character like Rose. The nostalgia they attack the ST for is present in Mando as well including one whole episode dedicated to the Tatooine from ANH.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:It's a short show, only 10 episodes which are each 20-30 minutes long. If you liked the film, then I'd recommend it.

Mando was good but I think it's highly overrated. Angry fanboys just wanted something to like that didn't insult them for featuring a female Jedi like Rey or an Asian female supporting character like Rose. The nostalgia they attack the ST for is present in Mando as well including one whole episode dedicated to the Tatooine from ANH.
I liked the film, but I really just want to follow Simon, I just wish they could have made a sequel.

Sounds like The Mandalorian is really not for me.
Honestly with the exception of The Crown, I don't really have the time to watch TV.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:It's a short show, only 10 episodes which are each 20-30 minutes long. If you liked the film, then I'd recommend it.

I liked the film, but I really just want to follow Simon, I just wish they could have made a sequel.

Sounds like The Mandalorian is really not for me.
Honestly with the exception of The Crown, I don't really have the time to watch TV.
If Simon is your main interest, then Love, Victor may not be the show for you. It does follow Simon's story a little and touch up on his life after high school, but obviously the focus is Victor. And as Victor himself says, his life is not like Simon's at all. The first episode specifically ends in a way that makes you think he's following in Simon's footsteps but he doesn't.

I don't want you to think that Mando is a terrible show. I had no interest in it whatsoever before it came out but I really did like it a lot. It is a good show but what I don't like is how a lot of the fandom pretends this is the only good thing to come out of Disney's Star Wars and how Kathleen Kennedy wrecks everything she touches so she probably didn't have any involvement in this project, even though that's so not true. It might be a little bit like how TLK and Frozen were both great films but then they're hyped up to such a degree that everything else around those films are put down.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote: If Simon is your main interest, then Love, Victor may not be the show for you. It does follow Simon's story a little and touch up on his life after high school, but obviously the focus is Victor. And as Victor himself says, his life is not like Simon's at all. The first episode specifically ends in a way that makes you think he's following in Simon's footsteps but he doesn't.

I don't want you to think that Mando is a terrible show. I had no interest in it whatsoever before it came out but I really did like it a lot. It is a good show but what I don't like is how a lot of the fandom pretends this is the only good thing to come out of Disney's Star Wars and how Kathleen Kennedy wrecks everything she touches so she probably didn't have any involvement in this project, even though that's so not true. It might be a little bit like how TLK and Frozen were both great films but then they're hyped up to such a degree that everything else around those films are put down.
I did think the film was a bit unrealistic, so maybe I'll like that aspect of the show. I might give it a try if it's that short.

Have you heard about the rumor (it's actually an angry YouTuber) that says that Disney's going to erase the ST from canon?