DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 654 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:57 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm currently on my third re-read of A Dance with Dragons, but I haven't picked up the book for a while. I'm not in the mood for some time, but hopefully it will change soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:42 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I finished the book yesterday for the third time, now patiently waiting for the sixth book. I might reread the Silmarillion again in the meantime, though I don't know when that'll be cause I'm kind of burned out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:20 am 
Platinum Edition

^Is A Dance with Dragons the name of the series of books, or just one of the books?

I recently read "The Making of Walt Disney's Fun and Fancy Free" by J.B. Kaufman, which was excellent. It had really neat behind-the-scenes pictures, in addition to marketing pictures. It was a really good look into the making of that movie, but also just about making (Disney) movies during that time period. I absolutely recommend it.

More recently I read "The Art of Mulan." Another great read, more informational than most Art Of books.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
^Is A Dance with Dragons the name of the series of books, or just one of the books?

A Dance with Dragons is the fifth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire book series. The books which Game of Thrones "adapted".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am 
Platinum Edition

^ Oh, I gotcha. Thank you! So you've re-read them all? When is he releasing the 6th book? Will that be the first book not following the storyline of the show?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

To me the show hasn't been following the books for a long time. Major changes were made since season 2 and it increasingly became unfaithful, so yes I expect the book to be very different from the show.
No one knows when/if he's going to release it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:01 pm 
Platinum Edition

Oh. After all of his work writing it for all of these years, I sure hope it gets released!!! I think there will be so much interest in this book in particular, because it'll be the final book, right? And I don't think he was happy with the ending of the series. I know I'll be curious as to how the whole story ends.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

There's going to be a seventh book after that one, so even after the sixth book, there's going to be five? ten? years until that one is released. But yeah, I really want to know how the real story is going to be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:21 am 
Platinum Edition

^ Oh, wow...so the 7th book is yeeaaarrrrsssss away...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:37 pm 
Gold Collection

Just finished , "I Was Anastasia" by Ariel Lowhon Very interesting take on the tale. I've always loved history and just started to get into historical fiction.

Now I'm reading Julie Andrew's memoir, "Home"

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:06 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Currently in the middle of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I haven't read Harry Potter since High School and honestly I don't get the same feelings I used to back then, maybe because since then I read better fantasy books like The Lord of the Rings (and other Tolkien books) and A Song of Ice and Fire. It feels like there are a lot of unnecessary things happening that could easily be cut, especially in the fifth book, which was badly edited. I know the sixth and seventh are better so I might continue.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:50 am 
Platinum Edition

^ So do you prefer the HP movies, since they edited out stuff from the books?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I do like the films a lot but I remember that the sixth one cut a lot of important stuff from the books. The fifth film however is better than the book in my opinion. The only thing I think they should have kept in the film is the mirror Sirius gave Harry since that was important for the seventh film (the mirror is just there with no explanation).

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

I finished reading Order of the Phoenix last night and just finished watching the film. OotP is my favorite novel of the series and I've never been a fan of the film. After cutting out 2/3 of the novel and then piecing together bits and bobs of storyline, I feel like we got a very rushed and disjointed film. Which terribly undermines a lot of the emotional impact the story has, not to mention just a nice fluidity to the scenes. I'd imagine we would've gotten a better and more cohesive outcome, not just for this film but for the series as a whole, if Steve Kloves had written the screenplay. Alas, he didn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 654 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33