Incomplete Disney Movie Ideas

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Incomplete Disney Movie Ideas

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Do you ever think of a partial plot, or a tidbit of what you'd want to see in a movie, but it's not at all a fleshed-out idea?!

I want a time-travel movie (but that's easy to follow- I don't do well with time travel movies because I get really confused!) with dogs that can talk with people.

That's my plot...if anyone wants to expand on it or share their own story idea, please do!

(I didn't even know where to start for searching to see if there's a similar thread out there...)
Disney's Divinity

Re: Incomplete Movie Ideas!

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but... I do often have random thoughts about what I'd like to see Disney do next, for example. Like a musical with a male lead. Or an epic sorcery film, although I'm not particular on what the story should be like. Or another film with cat characters making up the cast (since Aristocats never scratched that itch for me :lol: ). Perhaps a film with Russian-inspired architecture?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

^ Yes!! That's what I'm talking about!!! (Should this have gone in the Disney Discussion sub-forum instead?! Should I ask Sotiris?!)

For a film with Russian architecture, would you prefer an original story, or that Disney adapt a Russian fairy tale or fable? Same with epic sorcery- would you rather Disney adapt an existing book series, or make an original film? And same with a cat movie- original or based on a book/existing property?

And for the cat idea, would you prefer it to be a mystery movie (like Fraidy Cat), a comedy, a drama, a mix of all?! A musical? The only property that directly comes to mind is Lloyd Alexander's "Time Cat"- I haven't read it in years, but that's a time-traveling cat (Hey, this fits in with my time traveling dog idea!-- Disney, buy the rights to "Time Cat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And a musical w/ a male lead- that seems like such a no-brainer for Disney, but it's been such a loooong time!
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:(Should this have gone in the Disney Discussion sub-forum instead?! Should I ask Sotiris?!)
It probably could go either place. It would doubtless get more views there than in this section. :lol:
For a film with Russian architecture, would you prefer an original story, or that Disney adapt a Russian fairy tale or fable? Same with epic sorcery- would you rather Disney adapt an existing book series, or make an original film? And same with a cat movie- original or based on a book/existing property?

And for the cat idea, would you prefer it to be a mystery movie (like Fraidy Cat), a comedy, a drama, a mix of all?! A musical? The only property that directly comes to mind is Lloyd Alexander's "Time Cat"- I haven't read it in years, but that's a time-traveling cat (Hey, this fits in with my time traveling dog idea!-- Disney, buy the rights to "Time Cat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I always prefer Disney to adapt something, preferrably a fairy tale, book, or legend, over original content. I mean, they play with the source material for things so much, most of the time it's like something original anyway. :lol: I've read Time Cat, too, back in middle school! It's what lead me to read The Chronicles of Prydain, because it was the same author. I think Time Cat could be really fun as an animated film.
And a musical w/ a male lead- that seems like such a no-brainer for Disney, but it's been such a loooong time!
I agree. And I'd love to hear a song along the lines of "Don't Walk Away" as performed by Cheyenne Jackson in Xanadu. His voice was so epic and majestic on that. The live performance at the Tony's introduced by Lily Tomlin was even better than the recording, because they added a part with Kerry Butler's character and her two Muse sisters that was hilarious. "When will she goooooooo?!" rotfl

You know, I wouldn't mind if they transplanted Cheyenne Jackson into a Disney film like they did with Idina Menzel and give him a new song that imitates that, sort of like "Let It Go" has a similar breakout vibe to "Defying Gravity."

Another seemingly no-brainer for Disney would be a big diva villainess with magical powers... It's funny, because I have a shelf for my Funko pops of the villains lined up by order of release (the ones that have been made so far, anyway). It's just weird to see so many female characters crowded on one side and it practically turns into a fraternity at the opposite end. :lol: Considering how much villains and Maleficent in particular sell in merchandise, you'd think they'd want another character like that... I just don't get it. I guess they're as dead as hand-drawn animation. :lol:
blackcauldron85

Te Ka, Bellweather, Gothel, Foxy Loxy, {Helga}, Yzma, and then all the way back to Ursula...and then Gothel, Yzma (+ of course Ursula) are the magical ones...

Didn't Cheyenne Jackson play Hades in Decendants? So since he's part of the Disney family, maybe they'll use him again!
blackcauldron85

Re: Incomplete Disney Movie Ideas

I forget what we were talking about, but last night I told my husband they should make Dog-Toy Story. He said it'd be too violent. rotfl
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

It would be intresting if Disney alone did a movie about bugs, or a movie where the main character is a bird. An actual bird. Not transformed into a bird.
blackcauldron85

^ Those are great ideas! Would you prefer original stories, or adapted from fairy tales, fables, legends, or books? I want more animal movies, too...
Disney's Divinity

Disney's Divinity wrote:You know, I wouldn't mind if they transplanted Cheyenne Jackson into a Disney film like they did with Idina Menzel and give him a new song that imitates that, sort of like "Let It Go" has a similar breakout vibe to "Defying Gravity."
I was just thinking about this again. I'd love a male-lead musical with Cheyenne Jackson. Especially if they ever went through with a "First LGBT musical" the way they made a "First Latina princess" film (I think that was Encanto's working title), Jackson would be doubly perfect.

Jeremy Jordan is another one who would be great as a lead in a male-driven musical. They both have such "epic" voices.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I've long had this weird idea in my head in which I would love WDAS to attempt a PG-13ish drama centred around the classical music world, perhaps set in the early to mid-20th century. The climax of the film would have the protagonist perform a full-blown romantic piano concerto by the likes of Rachmaninoff or Tchaikovsky. (Composer must be Russian.)

It sounds mad, I know.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I always wanted them to do Swan Lake in the same way they did Sleeping Beauty (using music from Tchaikovsky).

And of course I still want an adaptation of The Snow Queen, Rumpelstiltskin, Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel and Jack and the Beanstalk.

Of course none of these is going to happen, especially not in hand drawn animation :(
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

So what you're talking about is concept or setting, but without any real plot yet? Would like to see another movie about robots, like Blue Sky Studios did, in a world without humans.
And also a real ghost story (I think I may have mentioned it somewhere else at some point), set in the old days in an old mansion or some large wooden house. And no Casper ending please.